2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/12, 01:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Just something about the 2010+ Shelby GT500 shape..... it makes me so bad.

I love Marilyn, but I'd dump her in an instant to own a Shelby. ANY color. LOL. Money was the reason why I didn't get one.... sigh... if only money grew on trees. It does not, so I had to be realistic. Get a 5.0 now, or wait till I'm 40 to get a Shelby... I needed one NOW so I got the 5.0.
Old 2/1/12, 04:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
hey Brian/Jeff...

Here's a question... a buddy of mine might be looking into getting a 2012 GT500, preferrably a Kona Blue one. Can you please provide me a link/list of where I can get the locations of the remaining 2012 GT500's and which dealer it is at??? How would be best way to do that? (other than going on Cars.com or Autotrader.com and searching).
There's not a list or link of available cars like that, but Jeff or I can search inventory in your region if we knew where you are located and which color/options you want. Or, you can check www.FordDirect.com and search several dealers' inventories at a time.
Old 2/1/12, 04:38 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian

There's not a list or link of available cars like that, but Jeff or I can search inventory in your region if we knew where you are located and which color/options you want. Or, you can check www.FordDirect.com and search several dealers' inventories at a time.
Can you pls check Iowa for any gt500s within the state, surrounding states, or heck anywhere in the country. He's pretty serious about the purchase. Thx
Old 2/1/12, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Just something about the 2010+ Shelby GT500 shape..... it makes me so bad.

I love Marilyn, but I'd dump her in an instant to own a Shelby. ANY color. LOL. Money was the reason why I didn't get one.... sigh... if only money grew on trees. It does not, so I had to be realistic. Get a 5.0 now, or wait till I'm 40 to get a Shelby... I needed one NOW so I got the 5.0.
Did you block me Zto5?
Old 2/1/12, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zto5 there's a Kona Blue GT500 w/ red stripes, Perf Pkg & Recaros at Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO www.thoroughbredford.com

I just got home with my white GT500 convertible. I'll post a pic up later.
Old 2/1/12, 05:22 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Guardian
Zto5 there's a Kona Blue GT500 w/ red stripes, Perf Pkg & Recaros at Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO www.thoroughbredford.com

I just got home with my white GT500 convertible. I'll post a pic up later.
Congrats and thank you for the info. Will pass him the info.
Old 2/1/12, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer submitted the order for me yesterday, but I don't understand how they can do that without any pricing for the cars. All I did was contact him about it and tell him the specs I wanted, I didn't sign a single paper or put a single dollar down. So theoretically someone like could say "i dont want it anymore" come May when it is built. Not that I would do that, but why would they submit an order without having a customer sign anything?
Old 2/1/12, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmillz
My dealer submitted the order for me yesterday, but I don't understand how they can do that without any pricing for the cars. All I did was contact him about it and tell him the specs I wanted, I didn't sign a single paper or put a single dollar down. So theoretically someone like could say "i dont want it anymore" come May when it is built. Not that I would do that, but why would they submit an order without having a customer sign anything?
most likely placed it as a stock order, if you really want it make sure you do some paperwork b4 it comes in, otherwise someone else could buy it
Old 2/1/12, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

If you have a good relationship with the dealer and have bought from them before is the answer to your question. And the fact that they are an honest and reputable business. I just did the same thing, and looking at your pic we chose the same color.
Old 2/1/12, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rjgogo
If you have a good relationship with the dealer and have bought from them before is the answer to your question. And the fact that they are an honest and reputable business. I just did the same thing, and looking at your pic we chose the same color.
I haven't bought from this dealer before though, that's why I was surprised. Probably like cinque35 said, maybe figured the dealership could use a model like that even if I didn't buy.

And yes I ordered a deep impact blue with the Performance package. Absolutely love the color, and with the black wheels it looks so good. Will need to get a tint on the windows asap to make it look perfect.
Old 2/1/12, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

I haven't bought from this dealer before though, that's why I was surprised. Probably like cinque35 said, maybe figured the dealership could use a model like that even if I didn't buy.

And yes I ordered a deep impact blue with the Performance package. Absolutely love the color, and with the black wheels it looks so good. Will need to get a tint on the windows asap to make it look perfect.
Given that I would be a bit apprehensive, something is not right. I have ordered and bought cars from my dealer before. No payment until delivery
BUT, I know the owner of the dealership and deal with him, I paid cash on delivery for my last car, and he is a stand up guy, but he expects me to be a stand up guy as well. And I will be, I gave my word I would buy it, and I will. Without a relationship I would be suspect.
Old 2/1/12, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rjgogo
Given that I would be a bit apprehensive, something is not right. I have ordered and bought cars from my dealer before. No payment until delivery
BUT, I know the owner of the dealership and deal with him, I paid cash on delivery for my last car, and he is a stand up guy, but he expects me to be a stand up guy as well. And I will be, I gave my word I would buy it, and I will. Without a relationship I would be suspect.
Yea idk, this will be my first time buying a brand new car from a dealership so I'm not an expert on how these things work....but I found it kind of odd...
Old 2/1/12, 09:03 PM
V6 Member

This is my sixth time ordering a car and I really like it. First was a Ford, T-Bird Super Coupe, then a Jeep, then a Chevy, and another Chevy, and a Flex, and now one more Ford because I liked my last Ford so much, AWD Flex w/Ecoboost was my latest and it ROCKS. My sixth is the mustang 5.0 with the Brembo package among other things. Yeah, for most of you posters I am an old man but still under 50. If you want to discuss mods I have bleed on my Jeep, and welded on it many times.

One last thing, I am coming from a BMW, but I bought it used.

Last edited by Rjgogo; 2/1/12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 2/1/12, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Get the order number and have Deysha on here track it. Dealer could of just told you he placed the order to blow you off and instead has it written on a post-it note somewhere in a pile of papers on his desk to "get to" when the pricing is released. Sounds fishy. Also, I don't think you HAVE to accept the car you order at the time of delivery. If you don't like it or something is wrong or whatever, you just say no. And I think any deposit you put down should be refundable at that point. It's not until you sign on the final dotted line that the car is yours and there's no turning back.
Old 2/1/12, 10:27 PM

Here's a pic from my phone:

Shaker 1000 is the only option on it. I like these wheels better and I don't need the Perf Pack. The Recaros would be a nice upgrade later on.

Last edited by Guardian; 2/1/12 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2/1/12, 10:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
why would they submit an order without having a customer sign anything?
Because they need to order Mustangs for stock, too, so even if you didn't buy your special ordered Mustang, the dealer will simply have another Mustang available to sell on the lot. If it were some weirdly equipped/colored model, that would be another story. I've ordered a few cars for customers w/o deposits and I'm sure plenty of dealers have, so I don't suspect that your dealer is doing anything odd.
Old 2/2/12, 06:52 AM

My son ordered an 11 & 12 and both times the dealer did not require a deposit. However, both were not out of the ordinary with respect to color/options.
Old 2/2/12, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Come on Ford, is today the lucky day?
Old 2/2/12, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jeff, Brian, tell us what we already know.
Old 2/2/12, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Because they need to order Mustangs for stock, too, so even if you didn't buy your special ordered Mustang, the dealer will simply have another Mustang available to sell on the lot. If it were some weirdly equipped/colored model, that would be another story. I've ordered a few cars for customers w/o deposits and I'm sure plenty of dealers have, so I don't suspect that your dealer is doing anything odd.
Ok, I suppose that is possible. I ordered a di blue '13 V6 with the performance pack, no other features so I guess that is a fairly normal variety.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists