Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!! IMPORTANT INFO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/10, 06:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Jeff's right, it's optional along with the heated mirrors. Does the Fusion Sport have available signal mirrors and Homelink? I asked our local dealer and they said the Fusion Sport doesn't have a factory optional remote start or keyless ignition. Is the Ford PowerCode remotestart available? If so, is it an extra key fob?

I noticed most performance trims don't have heated seats even though their lesser trims do have them. 2 examples:
Mazdaspeed3 vs Mazda3 s Grand Touring
Cobalt SS Turbocharged vs Cobalt LT
Not sure about the subaru WRX STI vs regular Imprezas but the STI doesn't have them either

Last edited by metroplex; 1/2/10 at 06:36 AM.
Old 1/2/10, 06:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
Jeff's right, it's optional along with the heated mirrors. Does the Fusion Sport have available signal mirrors and Homelink? I asked our local dealer and they said the Fusion Sport doesn't have a factory optional remote start or keyless ignition. Is the Ford PowerCode remotestart available? If so, is it an extra key fob?

I noticed most performance trims don't have heated seats even though their lesser trims do have them. 2 examples:
Mazdaspeed3 vs Mazda3 s Grand Touring
Cobalt SS Turbocharged vs Cobalt LT
Not sure about the subaru WRX STI vs regular Imprezas but the STI doesn't have them either
Hey bud, to answer your questions, no on the signal mirrors and no on the Homelink. They may add it in 2011, as Homelink is going in more and more cars. About your dealer saying no to the factory PowerCode remote start? I'm sorry to say, THEY ARE CLUELESS!!! I drove my car for 5,902 miles before I had to give it back and I ordered the car to my specs and PowerCode was an option I wanted and it came with the extra little fob.
Old 1/2/10, 06:44 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks again Jeff. Man, I wish I lived closer to Yocum!

Do you know if they'll ever integrate the remote start fob with the standard keyless entry fob? I liked how Mazda incorporates everything into the remote fob: keyless ignition, keyless entry (don't need to push any buttons), and the remote start. I freeze my butt off in the winter and its hard for me to grab the fob with thick winter gloves.

I was told only the Taurus and Fiesta get the keyless ignition in the near future.
This is why the Mazda3 s Grand Touring is high on my list right now, although the Fusion Sport AWD has the power and AWD that I really want. The price difference is about $7k MSRP with the Mazda3 being better equipped at a lower price.
Old 1/2/10, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by metroplex
Thanks again Jeff. Man, I wish I lived closer to Yocum!

Do you know if they'll ever integrate the remote start fob with the standard keyless entry fob? I liked how Mazda incorporates everything into the remote fob: keyless ignition, keyless entry (don't need to push any buttons), and the remote start. I freeze my butt off in the winter and its hard for me to grab the fob with thick winter gloves.

I was told only the Taurus and Fiesta get the keyless ignition in the near future.
This is why the Mazda3 s Grand Touring is high on my list right now, although the Fusion Sport AWD has the power and AWD that I really want. The price difference is about $7k MSRP with the Mazda3 being better equipped at a lower price.
I would say not till the next gen Fusion is released that will merge with the Mondeo. By then, you'll probably see Keyless ignition systems.
Old 1/2/10, 09:12 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, what do you mean the 402A package wasn't available in the Sport at the time? If that is the reason your dealer gave you for not being able to get it, he's full of S**T!!! I say this, as I had a 2010 Fusion Sport 402A package for my demo! It was the 2nd 2010 we got in, back in April, when they were released! No one had even seen a 2010 Fusion on the road, let alone the new Sport and I had one!! My car has every option (including heated seats) except navigation (we don't put that option in demos). It even had the factory-installed remote start. I just sold it on Thursday to a good friend. I'll miss that car as it was the BEST demo I ever had!!!! AWESOME AWESOME CAR!!!!!!

Sorry to say you couldn't get what you wanted. Let me know the reason they gave you.
It wasn't that they couldn't get one, but it was that nobody in the area had one, and after more and more looking, the Sterling Grey was a great color choice to go with. We've had a ton of silver cars and it was time for something different. The SEL V6 monochrome we got is a fantastic car, and the Sport wasn't really justifiable when the car we have has basically everything it does, except the 20-30 extra hp, slightly different fascias, and the different interior trim. BLIS, rear cam, heated seats, and the Sony stereo in the SEL are the options I wanted, so I'm a happy camper.

Keep in mind, the dealer was still replenishing from C4C, and the car we got was the first monochrome Job 2 Fusion they'd sold. The higher end models (like the loaded FWD Sports) were en route.
Old 1/2/10, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overboost
It wasn't that they couldn't get one, but it was that nobody in the area had one, and after more and more looking, the Sterling Grey was a great color choice to go with. We've had a ton of silver cars and it was time for something different. The SEL V6 monochrome we got is a fantastic car, and the Sport wasn't really justifiable when the car we have has basically everything it does, except the 20-30 extra hp, slightly different fascias, and the different interior trim. BLIS, rear cam, heated seats, and the Sony stereo in the SEL are the options I wanted, so I'm a happy camper.

Keep in mind, the dealer was still replenishing from C4C, and the car we got was the first monochrome Job 2 Fusion they'd sold. The higher end models (like the loaded FWD Sports) were en route.
That makes sense bud. We took almost a month to get our inventory back up to usable levels. Glad you love your new car. The Fusion is one SWEET RIDE!!!
Old 1/2/10, 01:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
That makes sense bud. We took almost a month to get our inventory back up to usable levels. Glad you love your new car. The Fusion is one SWEET RIDE!!!
Oh yeah, now it's time to figure out where I'll be looking at picking up a new 'Stang in the future. I may have someone lined up to take car and buy my current ride to give me some justification for getting it.
Old 1/7/10, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff,

Are the order banks still set to open next week?

Mitch
Old 1/7/10, 01:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mjbarnet
Jeff,

Are the order banks still set to open next week?

Mitch
Yes they are, barring any last minute changes. The car will have been introduced by the time they open on the 18th, so we're good. Just need the order guide, which should come out on Monday (I hope).
Old 1/13/10, 06:27 AM
GTR Member

Jeff, all signs still point to the order guide being out Monday, right?
Old 1/13/10, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, all signs still point to the order guide being out Monday, right?
I hope so. They haven't posted it yet, but I keep checking every day, many times per day.

There was a funny thing (I mentioned it to you in our PM, but I'll tell everyone else) in the order guide forum on my dealer website. They released the Fiesta order guide, but there is one problem with it...its in French Canadian (I think). VERY WIERD!!!!
Old 1/13/10, 08:27 AM
GTR Member

Jeff, as soon as the pricing comes online, I'll be contacting you for a price for the options I want. I have a general idea right now, but I don't know all the details of what will be offered one way or the other yet.
Old 1/13/10, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, as soon as the pricing comes online, I'll be contacting you for a price for the options I want. I have a general idea right now, but I don't know all the details of what will be offered one way or the other yet.
You got it buddy!!
Old 1/13/10, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jeff,

My French is pretty rusty, but if they post an Order Guide in French, I'll take it! It's hard to believe the order bank is still supposed to open on Monday, yet no Order Guides. Makes it pretty diffcult to place an order, don't ya think? Also, I'm curious what the new silver color is going to look like. Does Ford use that color on any other model? Thanks, and have a great day!

Rick
Old 1/13/10, 09:00 AM
GTR Member

The Fiesta is on the Ford website and you can build & price one out already. Hopefully the 2011 Mustang is online this Monday and allows you to do the same.
Old 1/13/10, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Ingot Silver is available in the F-150, Taurus, Edge, and Flex. Maybe some others, too.
Old 1/13/10, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dnr427
Hey Jeff,

My French is pretty rusty, but if they post an Order Guide in French, I'll take it! It's hard to believe the order bank is still supposed to open on Monday, yet no Order Guides. Makes it pretty diffcult to place an order, don't ya think? Also, I'm curious what the new silver color is going to look like. Does Ford use that color on any other model? Thanks, and have a great day!

Rick
Hey Rick, they opened the Super Duty order banks about a month ago, and there weren't any order guides for at least a few weeks later. Hope they don't do that on this.
Old 1/13/10, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Fiesta is on the Ford website and you can build & price one out already. Hopefully the 2011 Mustang is online this Monday and allows you to do the same.
But the prices on the Ford site, aren't the real prices per se as the dealers don't have either the price guide or the order guide. What those prices are, is a marketing research that Ford does to see how everyone would like to equip a Fiesta, to see what options will go with what packages. The lack of an order guide to dealers means that Ford hasn't finished packaging the options and such.
Old 1/13/10, 03:55 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I'm so anxious to see the order guide! I hope there are no restrictions on the 'track pack' this time around.
Old 1/13/10, 04:18 PM
GTR Member

I'm anxiously waiting, the local dealer didn't want to deal on a 2010, so I'm basically set on a 2011. Especially if the new options I heard about are truly coming!

Quick Reply: 2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!! IMPORTANT INFO!!!