Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!! IMPORTANT INFO!!!

Old 9/28/09, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
AWESOME DUDE!!! Just give me a call and we can set up a day to meet, once I have the order guide in hand and ready to post up!! I'll order you the car you want in any color, with any options! Thanks for letting me help you out.
Jeff too bad you're down in PA, i would've considered buying one from you. Bit complicated getting one over the border . All that crappy paper work and inspection.
Old 9/29/09, 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by usafimj
Does anyone know how much the 2011 stangs are going to cost? Are the specs that we know of just rumors or set in stone?
Hey bud, from what insiders have said, the price increase that the 2010 endured was party because the motors were coming in 2011. I have a good feeling it won't be much at all, as the increase in 2010 had these new motors included. As for the specs of the 5.0 and 3.7 motors? Nothing "concrete" yet.
Old 9/29/09, 09:14 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Jeff too bad you're down in PA, i would've considered buying one from you. Bit complicated getting one over the border . All that crappy paper work and inspection.
It's not too bad, really. My cost came to about 350$ for the RIV fee and CAA inspection. The only bug was that none of the dealers could figure out how to turn on the DRL's without adding a module. That cost me 250$ to get done. Ford does honour the warranty on my '07.
Old 9/29/09, 10:33 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey bud, from what insiders have said, the price increase that the 2010 endured was party because the motors were coming in 2011. I have a good feeling it won't be much at all, as the increase in 2010 had these new motors included. As for the specs of the 5.0 and 3.7 motors? Nothing "concrete" yet.
That's good news. I can't see them raising the price significantly to accommodate the motors because they still have to stay competitive in the segment. If they can offer similar (or better) performance for more value, people will shift back and buy the 2011.

Anyone hear about the brake upgrade slated for 2012? I have a source that told me their shifting brake setups down the line, and the GT500 would get a 10mm bigger front rotor. GT's would have the 340(?)mm Brembo's and the V6 would get the current GT spec brakes.
Old 9/29/09, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

You got it Jeff. I already have an idea what I want to order.
Old 9/29/09, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jmy2469
You got it Jeff. I already have an idea what I want to order.
SWEET!!! When I get the order guide, I'll shoot you a PM and we can figure out when we can meet up.
Old 9/29/09, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

SWEET!!! When I get the order guide, I'll shoot you a PM and we can figure out when we can meet up.
Looks like you'll be a busy dude when those 2011's hit the showroon floor.
Old 9/29/09, 08:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
It's not too bad, really. My cost came to about 350$ for the RIV fee and CAA inspection. The only bug was that none of the dealers could figure out how to turn on the DRL's without adding a module. That cost me 250$ to get done. Ford does honour the warranty on my '07.
Hey PT, glad to know you're from around here too. I'm from Laval, what about you ?
Where and whom did you get your 'Stang from ? Did you end up saving a lot ? Is it worth all the assle ? Thanks Dan
Old 9/29/09, 08:32 PM

What kind of options will be available for the 2011's
Old 9/29/09, 09:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Hey Jeff, is it possible for me to order one through you in SoCal?...just curious

Originally Posted by usafimj
What kind of options will be available for the 2011's
No one knows yet, I would assume the same as '10, plus maybe a few more..
Old 9/30/09, 06:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Hey Jeff, is it possible for me to order one through you in SoCal?...just curious
Hey bud, yes you can do that. The car would be ordered through my dealership, and the paperwork would be done via FexEx overnight back and forth, and the car would be drop shipped to a dealership near you. You pay what is called a "Courtesy Delivery Fee" where the dealership PDI's the car, cleans it and gets the plate on it for you. If your interested, we can chat on the phone one day to get the logistics out of the way. Let me know. Thanks for thinking of me.
Old 9/30/09, 10:11 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Hey PT, glad to know you're from around here too. I'm from Laval, what about you ?
Where and whom did you get your 'Stang from ? Did you end up saving a lot ? Is it worth all the assle ? Thanks Dan
I'm in Verdun. I found my car (an '07) listed as a dealer trade-in on eBay last summer. I was the winning bidder, but it was under the reserve. Called them up after the auction and closed the deal. Car had 5k miles on it. Saved ~30% off of the best offer I got on a new one. Definitely worth the hassle! There are web sites that take you through all the steps you need to follow. If you're worried about the amount of work. I know someone who brings cars in to order.
Old 10/1/09, 12:17 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Hey bud, yes you can do that. The car would be ordered through my dealership, and the paperwork would be done via FexEx overnight back and forth, and the car would be drop shipped to a dealership near you. You pay what is called a "Courtesy Delivery Fee" where the dealership PDI's the car, cleans it and gets the plate on it for you. If your interested, we can chat on the phone one day to get the logistics out of the way. Let me know. Thanks for thinking of me.
SWEET! I'm definitely thinkings about this, I'll let you know as its gets closer!
Old 10/1/09, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I'm in Verdun. I found my car (an '07) listed as a dealer trade-in on eBay last summer. I was the winning bidder, but it was under the reserve. Called them up after the auction and closed the deal. Car had 5k miles on it. Saved ~30% off of the best offer I got on a new one. Definitely worth the hassle! There are web sites that take you through all the steps you need to follow. If you're worried about the amount of work. I know someone who brings cars in to order.
Goog to know, i might give you a call one of these days. Thanks for the info.
Dan
Old 10/5/09, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Do you expect large rebates to move the '10s once the '11s hit the showrooms? I have a '10 on order, but am seriously thinking of cancelling since the '11s will here before we know it. That way I'm hoping to have the choice of a discounted '10 or a much faster '11.
Old 10/5/09, 08:58 AM

This is good news. I have been waiting to see the 11 before making my call on what car to buy. It is glad to know when about this will be.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10/5/09, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Do you expect large rebates to move the '10s once the '11s hit the showrooms? I have a '10 on order, but am seriously thinking of cancelling since the '11s will here before we know it. That way I'm hoping to have the choice of a discounted '10 or a much faster '11.
I'm sure you'll see rebates. With that said, Ford won't have alot of these floating around so don't expect enourmous rebates on them. What is your ZIP code? I can run a VINCENT to see what the current programs are in your area.
Old 10/5/09, 03:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In terms of options, we're not expecting a lot of changes aside from motor/trans. options, and the new Track Pack, right? Any other visual changes with, say the hood/rear bumper?
Old 10/6/09, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overboost
In terms of options, we're not expecting a lot of changes aside from motor/trans. options, and the new Track Pack, right? Any other visual changes with, say the hood/rear bumper?
Not really. They already made the change with the body for 2010. The 2011 MY is for the powertrain switch and a few other options, I'm sure.
Old 10/6/09, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not really. They already made the change with the body for 2010. The 2011 MY is for the powertrain switch and a few other options, I'm sure.
What "other options" are you referring to Jeff ? Just curious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!! IMPORTANT INFO!!!