2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010 PRICES ARE UP!!! GOT OPTIONS PRICES NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/08, 05:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
true....but when you price out a GT premuim vert with options, its pretty hard not to think "whoa...this is corvette territory"
Old 11/20/08, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Woah, don't go crazy here. Go find a loaded 335i! They aren't mid-30K, as no BMW dealer stocks a basic car. They are mid to high $40K.
And they have free scheduled maint. and higher resale value, which you have to figure in. The cost difference is closing, since the Mustang got more expensive.
Old 11/20/08, 06:04 PM
GT Member

For the past 2 plus years I've been reading how so many people want this and that on their Stangs.....and like many others have added my mods like cold air, mirror covers etc. So, Ford answers with better materials, more performance items like cold air, and many other goodies and now I'm reading the complaints about price......hard to add the goodies w/out adding the $$$$'s!

Last edited by Blitz; 11/20/08 at 06:05 PM. Reason: speling
Old 11/20/08, 06:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
For the past 2 plus years I've been reading how so many people want this and that on their Stangs.....and like many others have added my mods like cold air, mirror covers etc. So, Ford answers with better materials, more performance items like cold air, and many other goodies and now I'm reading the complaints about price......hard to add the goodies w/out adding the $$$$'s!
I am not complaining. I would think long and hard about other models though due to the price increase. For a few thousand dollars, I can get a new C6 Vette that's a much better car by my standards. Personally, I am waiting to see what the GT500 looks like.
Old 11/20/08, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

True but since Ford is buying the goodies in balk, I would hope there would be a "cost savings" passed on to the customer. The CAI for the Stang GT by the thousands should cost less to the customer then going out and buying one C&L on their own.

Last edited by bpmurr; 11/20/08 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11/20/08, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So true
Old 11/20/08, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Question about seat heating

In cars ordered with the Comfort package but without the Electronics package, are the seat heaters single stage only, instead of two stage, because that is what the press pictures from L.A. are leading me to believe.
Old 11/20/08, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by max2000jp
And they have free scheduled maint. and higher resale value, which you have to figure in. The cost difference is closing, since the Mustang got more expensive.
Yes, and every BMW dealer I have EVER visited, they treat you like crap. Like its a priviledge to buy their car! Plus, I would NEVER own one when the warranty is over. I hear horror stories from current customers at the dealership who own one and the price for service and parts is STAGGERING!!

Oh, and here is a prime example that the comparison isn't even close!!

2009 BMW 335ci Coupe- DVD Nav/Cold Weather Pkg/Premium Pkg/Sport Pkg/6-speed auto/Comfort Acces Pkg/Hi-Def Radio/Ipod-USB - $54,495! Car is at Devon Hill BMW on the Main Line in Philly Suburb (Villanova).

I know for a FACT I couldn't afford a $54,000 car, but I can afford a Mustang in the low $30,000 range!
Old 11/20/08, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yes, and every BMW dealer I have EVER visited, they treat you like crap. Like its a priviledge to buy their car! Plus, I would NEVER own one when the warranty is over. I hear horror stories from current customers at the dealership who own one and the price for service and parts is STAGGERING!!

2009 BMW 335ci Coupe- DVD Nav/Cold Weather Pkg/Premium Pkg/Sport Pkg/6-speed auto/Comfort Acces Pkg/Hi-Def Radio/Ipod-USB - $54,495! Car is at Devon Hill BMW on the Main Line in Philly Suburb (Villanova).

I know for a FACT I couldn't afford a $54,000 car, but I can afford a Mustang in the low $30,000 range!
My dad has owned a few BMW's and the dealer was great. I've been to horrible Ford dealers too. It's simple, if you get treated poorly, don't go back again.

A 2010 Mustang with similar options to the 335i is going to cost you nearly $38K. I think the issue is how we are looking at it. I calculate the total cost of ownership. When you factor in maintenance (which is covered by BMW for 4/50K) and resale the difference might not be as much as you are seeing. My point was that once you get near 40K, the vehicle options expand.
Old 11/20/08, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Those two cars are not really in the same class...

But the new Challenger is...and with 372 HP and a 6 speed for $31,540 out the door...The Mustang is in trouble.

I have owned 5 Mustangs...my current is an 08 GT/CS....and I really believe most people will start to look and go elsewhere. I hate to say it, but if I was in the market for a new car right now, I would be buying a Challenger.

I love the fact that Team Mustang and Ford have stepped up by providing numerous options, but now more than ever, we need a GTS model. When a 315 HP GT is sitting on the lot for almost $40,000 (without ROUSH or SALEEN across the windsheild) people will start to go in different directions. Ford does not have the entire niche market anymore, and sadly I believe the days of the mustang are numbered...
Old 11/20/08, 11:29 PM

You really can't compare Ford CSR with BMW CSR.

I hate taking my car to the dealership because they always try to scam me for warranty work, and it usually takes about 2-3 conversations with the Service Manager in order to get them to honor the warranty (my car is stock BTW). Calling Ford Customer Service doesn't do much as they ALWAYS take the side of the dealers.

If a 4th call is in needed, having a family friend that's a lawyer definately helps. They always call back saying how sorry they are for the "mix up"

This isn't just a 1 or 2 dealerships either, pretty much every Ford dealer in SoCal is full of **** and the horror stories I've heard about BMW dealers are few and far between. Hell, I took my dad's E60 M5 in for a faulty tire pressure sensor and they had it fixed and warrantied within an hour......took my 07 GT in for the same issue and they charged me $300 after assuring me it was under warranty (had to call serveral times in order to get refunded).

So yeah, this is without a doubt the last Ford product I buy, not because I don't like the car, but because their customer service is beyond disgusting.
Old 11/20/08, 11:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I am glad that I am getting a real good deal on mine especially since I don't have to pay any sales tax since Florida gives a good deal to their residents that don't live in the state.
Old 11/21/08, 12:34 AM

I don't think there really is much of a price increase if you really look at it. They have added a lot of standard content. A 2009 Bullitt with Nav, Comfort Group, SYNC, HID Headlamps and Security Pkg has a MSRP of $37,285 (this was the MSRP before Ford recently dropped the prices, Edmunds still shows this pricing). The GT I am looking at with Security Pkg, HID, Comfort Pkg, Nav, 19" wheels, Track Pkg and Rear Camera has a MSRP of $37,385. Actually it is pretty much a wash. You guys are pretty much getting a Bullitt in GT clothing this year.
Old 11/21/08, 02:09 AM
FR500 Member

sorry Ford, my pay has not kept up with the price increase (even when adjusted for inflation). guess i'll stick to Foxbodies... now if those prices were for a standard DOHC 5.0 V8/6spd trans combo then it would be a better deal. and you can bet your @$$ my area dealers will do their damnedest to make sure the 2010's languish on dealer lots once they slap the ADM's on...

Last edited by hi5.0; 11/21/08 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11/21/08, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by hi5.0
sorry Ford, my pay has not kept up with the price increase (even when adjusted for inflation). guess i'll stick to Foxbodies... now if those prices were for a standard DOHC 5.0 V8/6spd trans combo then it would be a better deal. and you can bet your @$$ my area dealers will do their damnedest to make sure the 2010's languish on dealer lots once they slap the ADM's on...
ADMs? Doesn't seem very likely. I didn't even have to pay an ADM on my '05 that I bought in fall of 2004. Actually got it for under MSRP.
Old 11/21/08, 03:45 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad has owned a few BMW's and the dealer was great. I've been to horrible Ford dealers too. It's simple, if you get treated poorly, don't go back again.

A 2010 Mustang with similar options to the 335i is going to cost you nearly $38K. I think the issue is how we are looking at it. I calculate the total cost of ownership. When you factor in maintenance (which is covered by BMW for 4/50K) and resale the difference might not be as much as you are seeing. My point was that once you get near 40K, the vehicle options expand.
I'll tell you something, though. Discounting the BMW's obvious handling prowess, the current 3-Series interiors are pretty lackluster (not as nice as the previous version, IMO). I think the new Mustang interior with a fully loaded interior is gonna have it all over the interior of the current 3-Series.

And you and I both know that that's really saying something!
Old 11/21/08, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Higher resale value only because they cost more to begin with. I work at a Ford/BMW dealership and we sell used BMW's for less than half what they cost new just three years later. Too much foo foo stuff to bring down the value.

I agree about dealerships being different where ever you go. Geography has a lot to do with it.
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I'll tell you something, though. Discounting the BMW's obvious handling prowess, the current 3-Series interiors are pretty lackluster (not as nice as the previous version, IMO). I think the new Mustang interior with a fully loaded interior is gonna have it all over the interior of the current 3-Series.

And you and I both know that that's really saying something!
I agree again! The interior isnt that much better in the BMw.
Old 11/21/08, 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The interior isn't as good because Ford is actually improving.

BMW and other foreign cars do depreciate poorly but they try to keep this at bay by maintaining higher prices from the get-go and avoiding discounts.

American cars typically suffer from fast depreciation due to excess capacity and heavy discounts.
Old 11/21/08, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

And those contemplating going the Chally route: take a good look at that interior, then look at a '10 Mustang interior before you decide.

If the Chally still appeals to you, by all means go for it. But that's what turned me off on the car (that, and there's no way I could get it in my garage; that car is HUGE!!)
Old 11/21/08, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
The interior isn't as good because Ford is actually improving.

BMW and other foreign cars do depreciate poorly but they try to keep this at bay by maintaining higher prices from the get-go and avoiding discounts.

American cars typically suffer from fast depreciation due to excess capacity and heavy discounts.
Having ten different cars with equal equipment within the same town causes the values to come down because there has to be a reason for someone to buy one versus the other. Mileage comes into play here. Why would someone buy a car with 75,000 miles on it when they can drive down the road and buy the same car with 60,000 miles on it? Price!
This helps BMW in that you wont find that many like it in my area.
Another example is my brother just bought a Volvo XC90 for $5000 less than what he could get at his dealer that he works at by simply having one shipped from Arizona where there must be a ton of them! My dad did the same thing with their S80 by driving to Pennsylvania and pciking it up.

Quick Reply: 2010 PRICES ARE UP!!! GOT OPTIONS PRICES NOW!!!