Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/11, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Andrew Just left for the Funeral Parlor.

Both mom & dad were at his side right to the very end. We got to tell him all the things that needed to be said. For that I count a blessing.
I don't know which one of these statements breaks my heart the most. You, your family, and Andrew have been through so much.

No one should have to say good-bye to their child at the age of 21.

Wish I could hug you from here.
Old 1/6/11, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I agree, Blue, that has been my feeling since... ever. It is one of the harder parts of life that sometimes the parent has to do this duty.

Kevin, Andrew was blessed with more days than most in the last couple of months, and with those, he, and your family, made the absolute most of them, from what I read. That is something that was obviously cherished throughout. I know that we all here are very privileged to have read about the goings on. With everything that was happening in the past year, and all the things you had to do, it is something of an honor, in my opinion, that you took the time to share any of it with us. Thank you.

I am very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to you and your family.

v.v
Old 1/6/11, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sorry to hear about this, we can say nothing and do nothing.Kevin, you are the best, you made everything the best a dad could, you made what was bad , good and allowed him to have a best times he could.We will forever be a part of your family and our family yours. Rejoice at this time, that his life is forever in the best hands. Let him be in heaven and till you see again.We pray for good comfort to your family.
Old 1/6/11, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Kevin, my heart just sank as I read this.

Andrew, you and your family demonstrated tremendous grace and spirit through this ordeal. By sharing Andrew's fight with us he became a part of our family too. I am so very sorry he lost this battle. His strength came through in the stories your shared with us. You gave him one last great birthday and Christmas. I have great admiration for how devoted you were to your son. I am sure he fought as hard as he did because your gave him strength.

RIP Andrew and God Bless and support the Casey family in this painful time.
Old 1/6/11, 08:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Kevin. I really have admired your Love and support for Andrew. You and your family will continue to be in our prayers.
Old 1/6/11, 09:02 PM
GT Member

I'm utterly SPEECHLESS!

Praying for the family for the coming days, months, years, etc.....

Kevin, I admire you and your family's devotion to Andrew!
Old 1/6/11, 10:26 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
I would like to say Thanks to everbody who supported us through this journey. It was my Honor to be Allowed to share my Families and especially Andrews Journey through these tremendous challenges. I know this is a rare privledge and exception to the rule on most car websites.

I would like to share a very special Card Brandon Sent to Us. My wife wants to put it in with Andrew along with other special mementos.

Andrew enjoyed every card & gift he recieved. He was always very appreciative of anything given to him. He really enjoyed getting the Gift money for his birthday and he used it to buy mom & sarah gifts as well as some things for himself.

One in particular that will be treasured forever was a set of DODGE SUPER BEE earrings and necklace he gave to mom. I know they mean the world to her. He bought Sister Sarah a 4 inch Tall K & N Air Filter for her fairlane.
I specifically told him all I wanted was for him to get better & asked him not to get dad anything and to spend it on himself. The time we shared was priceless and all of you helped make it possable with your Prayers, Donations, Gifts, Cards & Kind Words.

Do me one more favor and go give your special loved ones a big hug and tell them how much they mean to you. Time slips away so quickly and we leave so many things undone and unsaid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoBaEQGMPo

MGB,

Andrews, Dad, Mom & Sis
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewcard2.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewcard.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewcard3.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/6/11 at 10:47 PM.
Old 1/6/11, 10:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am touched, from the first post back in November about Andrew taking a card to the hospital for bragging rights I knew I was doing something to make Andrew smile. I miss that smile, will never forget it and can only imagine the opportunity I missed in meeting this young gentleman. I am proud to stand beside you anyday Kevin Casey and know I was a small part of Andrew's legacy.

I want to encourage everyone posting here to join me in a card campaign for the family, chance to give back.

I have 1 final box of goodies for Andrew by the way, can't think of a better thing to do than send it off as there is goodies in it for the entire family. I know it is late, but I want you have it. I will be in touch, as I know once you have had time for the family we will connect at some point if need be.

Kevin, if Terri wants a duplicate let me know I will get one printed and in the mail first of the week. I am so at a loss tonight, I rarely show tears but Andrew has earned mine. Peace, Love, and Angels be with the Casey Family this evening in your home.

Please allow Terri to use the card in any fashion meant, there is a duplicate being printed Friday AM for her and will be in the mail to you.

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/6/11 at 11:16 PM.
Old 1/6/11, 11:45 PM
The Analog Admin!

Here you Go Brandon. Two Smiles for you! One of the Happiest Days he Had.

His smile would fill a room and our house is very empty tonight without it.

Mgb,

Andrews PaPa
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewsmileforbrandon.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewsmileforbrandon2.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/7/11 at 12:15 AM.
Old 1/7/11, 05:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
We all love you. He'll save you seat right next to him
Old 1/7/11, 06:37 AM

May the happy memories of your son guide you and your family through the next difficult days, weeks, and months ahead, and may the lord help you to be strong for your wife and family during this time of sorrow.
Old 1/7/11, 08:58 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Casey family,

I am very sorry to hear this news. Last time I had checked in on the thread things were still optimistic, so this comes as a depressing surprise.

Kevin and family, please accept our condolences and prayers at this time, and remember all the good times that you had. Insidious diseases like this try to focus you on the bad, but that is not what Andrew's life was about, as I am sure you are aware.

Take comfort in one another, and that our community is here for you in this time of loss. Andrew fought the good fight, and now he can rest.
Old 1/7/11, 09:50 AM
The Analog Admin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNs7CGNUEc

Missing Man Formation.
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewsdoc-seniorpic2008.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/7/11 at 10:15 PM.
Old 1/7/11, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Beautiful Photo, Beautiful Young Man, So Young and So talented. I have sent you an email and wanted to let you know I am thinking about the family.

Please send all questions intended for my services and cards to my direct personal email, my PM box is getting full.

Direct contact is Giveagiftandcard@Gmail.com and I can be reached at (816) 507-1860. Thank you Brandon Ashlock

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/7/11 at 12:09 PM.
Old 1/7/11, 12:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Kevin and family,
So very sorry for your loss. Tough and sad times no doubt, but the sun will eventually shine.. stay strong.

Bill
Old 1/7/11, 03:35 PM

Heartfelt condolences to the entire family. Andrew will be missed, mostly by you and your family and as much as we can by the whole Mustang Source Community.

AZChris
Old 1/7/11, 03:39 PM
The Analog Admin!

Funeral Schedule

Mgb,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewobituary.jpg  
Old 1/7/11, 03:55 PM
The Analog Admin!

Preliminary Design for Headstone. I think he would Approve!

Mgb,

Kc
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewheadstone1.jpg  
Old 1/7/11, 05:13 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Preliminary Design for Headstone. I think he would Approve!

Mgb,

Kc
That looks great! A very nice tribute to him.
Old 1/7/11, 06:50 PM
The Analog Admin!

I know that very few of our Mustang Family is close enough to Attend Andrews service but if anybody is attending be aware this will be a casual CAR GUY FUNERAL. We will be asking the Local's to bring their Classic Cars if available and wearing Car Show Type Apparel. Andrew will be wearing a MOPAR Shirt and so will Dad. It was his love and his life and we will honor & celebrate that passion.

Andrews Last ride will be in a custom Cadillac Hotrod hearse which looks somthing Tony Stewart would have. This cad has Coffin Mufflers Just Like Dads Shelby and Andrews 72 Charger. He really loved the way his Chargers Exhaust Turned out!

Full Speed ahead son!

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/7/11 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle