05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/14, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bill,
I'm sure you can find them anywhere.
Well I learned something about the ACM code that we have been discussing, If you program the code as posted to our ACM units it will reset the ACM to the asbuilt stock settings.
AK, would you happen to have the vin off the vehicle you obtained the ACM from. I would like to see what the asbuilt ACM code is on one of those vehicles.
This is why I would like to get the programmer they are using on the bench.

Al
Old 5/17/14, 09:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Here is one for a Taurus with SYNC and navigation from the factory. The one mine came from found the crusher last year. It should work perfectly for you.

1FAHP28W48G156716

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WindowSticker 2.pdf (159.7 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/17/14 at 09:30 PM.
Old 5/18/14, 11:19 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Wow Al im sorry that totaly sucks.
do u have to pay again to get it reprogrammed?
Not to mention the wait time.
How it works out for you.
There is no need for me to fiddle with it since it's working perfectly.
Good luck.
Old 5/18/14, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM,
Yes I have to pay for my screw up. I think it's $130 + shipping. I talked to Brad and he is going to be out of town until next week. I tried the ACM code from the Taurus that AK posted. It didn't work to well I think it did what your ACM did before Brad reprogramed you radio i.e. some buttons did not work and when you pushed the volume button it also changed stations and no sync. Trying to find the correct code is hit and miss. Unfortunately the vcm will not give you the current code you have programmed, but will allow you to use the asbuilt or manual input. I'm just working off the Ford three day trial, a new license for the year is $700. I have to check with them I think you can also purchase by the month? In any case I screwed up. We need to find the code book for programing the ACM.

Al
Old 5/18/14, 07:06 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Try using the 2008 gt vin that I used since it has the nav built in.
Old 5/18/14, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
The 2008-2009 use the ACM code that I posted, that's what wiped out the new programing on my ACM. The ACMs that you and I have are specially programed for audio buttons and sync.
I'm not sure what AK's radio asbuilt settings are, we would need the vin number. There is no way that I know of, to download the ACM codes, so you can read the 227 settings. You can manually input the code but you can't extract the code. I always thought that the ACM setting were appart from the VCM settings. Well I guess that is not so. All those 227 codes turns thing on and off. That's why I'm glad I took photos of my settings. I will send Brad the photos so he can re-sets all the parameters from before.

Al

Last edited by data174; 5/18/14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 5/18/14, 11:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I had a bad feeling about going into the ACM and making changes, without a backup copy. I'm sorry you ran into it. The 2010 SHelby serial number, does it show the correct codes you need, to correct your loss of info? This is why I've been so careful not to try messing internally with the radio's or computers on our cars. When 4D gets your radio and resets it to work right, don't mess with it ok? lol. Do you still have a Shaker 500 head? Do you have the SW6714 switch available? You could try and see what codes are set with the Shaker. Compare the two radios and see what the differences are. Just a thought since you have to send your head back out. Good luck Al.
Old 5/19/14, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi AK
No, I sold my old shaker500 to a member. I have the codes for the shaker500 and the stock Navigation unit without sync. The problem is that since we made special modifications to our units, their is no 227 code available. AK, you are the only one of us that has not had to reprogram your ACM. It's to bad we don't have the vin number for the vehicle that you received your ACM from. Like I was telling VGM it would be a hit and miss trying to sort through several vehicle codes. I'm going to contact MotorcraftService and see if I can download my ACM code and have a 227 code?
I will also check with Brad at 4D-Tech and see if he can give me the ACM code for my navigation unit. It's worth a try.
Spoke to Motorcraft Service today. The VCM will not convert the download from the ACM to the 227 program code.

Last edited by data174; 5/19/14 at 12:28 PM.
Old 5/19/14, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Al. Try this serial number. It is identical as the car this radio I bought, came out of. It has the same interior (from pics I saw), sync, navi, audio controls, etc. Should work perfectly. Do you know how many 2008 Sable came with Nav? Not very **** many. I looked at the 128 cars at autotraders/cars/etc. and only 3 had navigation, and only this one was correct in options from the car I got the head from. Here is the window sticker on that car.

Yes I am home and glad to be. I have access to my computer and files now. lol

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...HM43W38G610717
Old 5/19/14, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks AK,
I downladed the asbuilt data and well look it over. I think their must be a way to findout how to decifer the 227 ACM code. Motrocraft said you can't with the VCM, only direct manual download, or inhale and save to install on a replacement unit. Let's see if Brad can do give me the 227 code for my ACM.

AL
Old 5/19/14, 09:22 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the codes from a Taurus X for mine and everything works fine, has a few option that don't exist, such as rear seat entertainement, but it works. I'm still looking for something better.

Also the codes are 727 codes (like the airplane) not 227 codes.

When programming the ACM with the IDS system it asks you for the codes one line at a time. You have to tell it you don't have old unit (pretend it was fried and you need to start from scratch), and that you want to manually enter the asbuilt data. Using the VIN, you go to Fords site and pull the asbuilt data for that car and copy the codes you need.

If we knew what each set of codes did, we could ad any options we wanted into the ACM by picking and choosing which codes we entered. I don't believe the order is important, just the code itself.

Randy

Last edited by randyre; 5/19/14 at 09:26 PM.
Old 5/19/14, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Randy. Do you have a link so I can search some as built data myself. I have one for a Ford site, but it doesn't work all the time. Thanks. Bill
Old 5/19/14, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here is a sticker and serial from an 08 Taurus X that would work perfectly. This car had everything in the world in it, it seems. Had a hell of a price also. lol

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...DK03W98GA34951

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/19/14 at 09:52 PM.
Old 5/19/14, 10:07 PM
V6 Member

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/vd...all&nomenu=yes

Heres the ACM data from that car or the 727 codes

ACM 727-01-01 4C08 5CB9 6E07
ACM 727-01-02 2440 95
ACM 727-02-01 0132

And this is the Sync (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) or APIM module programming info, I guess you would call these 7D0 codes

APIM 7D0-01-01 0090 0000 0069
APIM 7D0-02-01 0100 0000 00DB
APIM 7D0-03-01 0000 0000 00DB

Last edited by randyre; 5/19/14 at 10:27 PM.
Old 5/19/14, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by randyre
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/vd...all&nomenu=yes

Heres the ACM data from that car or the 727 codes

ACM 727-01-01 4C08 5CB9 6E07
ACM 727-01-02 2440 95
ACM 727-02-01 0132

And this is the Sync (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) or APIM module programming info, I guess you would call these 7D0 codes

APIM 7D0-01-01 0090 0000 0069
APIM 7D0-02-01 0100 0000 00DB
APIM 7D0-03-01 0000 0000 00DB
I thank you sir. I have a problem seeing any thing other that a serial number page. I've added the serial but it doesn't do anything. I'll check it again in the morning. Thanks again.
Old 5/20/14, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Randy,
What codes did you program on your ACM?

AK, I think that Motorcraft Service wants you to use Internet Explorer.

Al
Old 5/20/14, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

**** if you weren't right Data. It took IE and I hate using that program. Firefox or Chrome give me the least of my headaches, but IE is a true PIA. lol

Thanks for the assistance. I forgot it took a log in also to read the information, and since I've had an account for upteen years, I got right in. Thanks Randy for the help also.
Old 5/20/14, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill,
When I try to log in with aol, it just flat tells me to use IE.
I shipped my radio today, the radio will not be back until late next week.
I'm going to look around on ebay and see if I can pick a Nav ACM for a cheap price. Then I can experiment all I want. Never did get the correct V86 software I keep getting the chinese version. Motorcraft price for a license for a year is about $700.

Al
Old 5/21/14, 10:47 PM

First of all GREAT THREAD!... The information in this one is really detailed and will be useful for a long time. I know this is about the steering wheel control modification, but I stumbled across it searching for solutions to the dreaded U2473 DTC code. Here's my question:

I have a 2007 Mustang, that came with the Shaker 500. I acquired a Nav unit from E-bay, and it also came out of a 2007 Mustang.... So it was basically plug and play. However, I always get the Nav error message about a "Navigation Fault"... and when I check the DTC's in the ACM I get the U2473.

So I followed the instructions here on the thread about running a wire from the PCM (pin 3)(dark blue with yellow trace wire), to pin 14 on my ACM. There was no pin in this position on the ACM J1 harness, so I got the pigtail from my local Ford dealership, installed it in the harness, and soldered all the wire connections in. However, I still get the U2473 DTC, and the fault message.

Unfortunately my car is without it's driveshaft for a couple more weeks, but I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or if I need to get it out of the garage an drive around in order for the DTC to go away. I don't get good GPS signal in the garage, but sometimes can pick up a "2D fix". Is there a "learning" process that the ACM goes through regarding the new vehicle speed input before the DTC goes away?

I have a friend with access to an Ford / Rotunda IDS... he brought it over and we looked at programming the ACM, but when we clicked those prompts for "module programming", and then "ACM" it only thought for a few seconds and then gave the message "programming complete". We didn't see any options to put in the custom ACM codes referenced in this thread.

Is it possible that I need to re-program my ACM even though it came out of the same year, make, and model of vehicle? It would be great if someone can post pictures of the screen shots from the IDS software on how to program it.

The VIN of the "donor" car is: 1ZVHT82HX75365923

I know how to re-flash my PCM using the "as built" data for the donor car's VIN, but I don't know if that will fix the U2473 code problem and I don't want to mess up my PCM and also not be able to use my custom tune if the donor car had a different strategy (mine is FPAFO53) or tear tag (mine is TNJ2).

Thank you in advance for any input.

Last edited by 408Stang; 5/21/14 at 11:02 PM.
Old 5/22/14, 01:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 408Stang
First of all GREAT THREAD!... The information in this one is really detailed and will be useful for a long time. I know this is about the steering wheel control modification, but I stumbled across it searching for solutions to the dreaded U2473 DTC code. Here's my question:

I have a 2007 Mustang, that came with the Shaker 500. I acquired a Nav unit from E-bay, and it also came out of a 2007 Mustang.... So it was basically plug and play. However, I always get the Nav error message about a "Navigation Fault"... and when I check the DTC's in the ACM I get the U2473.

So I followed the instructions here on the thread about running a wire from the PCM (pin 3)(dark blue with yellow trace wire), to pin 14 on my ACM. There was no pin in this position on the ACM J1 harness, so I got the pigtail from my local Ford dealership, installed it in the harness, and soldered all the wire connections in. However, I still get the U2473 DTC, and the fault message.

Unfortunately my car is without it's driveshaft for a couple more weeks, but I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or if I need to get it out of the garage an drive around in order for the DTC to go away. I don't get good GPS signal in the garage, but sometimes can pick up a "2D fix". Is there a "learning" process that the ACM goes through regarding the new vehicle speed input before the DTC goes away?

I have a friend with access to an Ford / Rotunda IDS... he brought it over and we looked at programming the ACM, but when we clicked those prompts for "module programming", and then "ACM" it only thought for a few seconds and then gave the message "programming complete". We didn't see any options to put in the custom ACM codes referenced in this thread.

Is it possible that I need to re-program my ACM even though it came out of the same year, make, and model of vehicle? It would be great if someone can post pictures of the screen shots from the IDS software on how to program it.

The VIN of the "donor" car is: 1ZVHT82HX75365923

I know how to re-flash my PCM using the "as built" data for the donor car's VIN, but I don't know if that will fix the U2473 code problem and I don't want to mess up my PCM and also not be able to use my custom tune if the donor car had a different strategy (mine is FPAFO53) or tear tag (mine is TNJ2).

Thank you in advance for any input.
You didn't do anything wrong. The head is programmed for a 2007 as it should be. You will get this 2473 code, for sure, if you have a v6 base and don't have ABS and traction lock. If you have neither, then you will always get this code. The system gets its vss reading from the internals of the system. It will be within just a few feet overall, so the code doesn't really mean much overall. More of a nuisance, than anything else. lol

I see you have a 07 GT, so I'm not understanding why your code is coming up. You have ABS and TC, so I can only figure it is a IDS code that turns on the signal to the head.

I do not know of another way to get rid of the codes. If factory navigation is installed in a GT, it shouldn't have the 2473 code, as they have ABS and TC installed from the factory. But, that said, I've seen the codes in others when using a Job 1 head.

Data, did you remember if you got the 2473 code when you first installed your head in your 09 CS? You have TC and ABS so I believe you didn't see the code. Is that correct in my assumption? If you did, did it go away when 4D did their bit of work? 408 made a good point and now it's time to figure out how to permanently remove the 2473 code. Back to the boardroom. lol

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/22/14 at 01:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009