05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/14, 01:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
408.....here is the codes to set your radio to work. This is from on 08 Mustang GT convert with navigation & sound. Here is the codes for your IDS. It is a simple 3 lies of code. Good luck.

ACM 727-01-01 0148 DC7B E6B6 Inst
ACM 727-01-02 2040 91
ACM 727-02-01 1748
Old 5/23/14, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you AK... I'll get my friends IDS sometime this week and try to figure it out... I assume it's in "module programming" and then "ACM module"?.... I just don't know where to type the codes in. Is it a separate area of the IDS software where we put in custom codes for a particular module.... Hence the "ACM" being at the beginning of each line of code?

Thank you for all your help.

Also I assume I have to type them in exactly as shown with caps, spaces, etc....?

Originally Posted by akdoggie
408.....here is the codes to set your radio to work. This is from on 08 Mustang GT convert with navigation & sound. Here is the codes for your IDS. It is a simple 3 lies of code. Good luck.

ACM 727-01-01 0148 DC7B E6B6 Inst
ACM 727-01-02 2040 91
ACM 727-02-01 1748
Old 5/23/14, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

408Stang....I really am not as familiar with the IDS module as I should be yet. RandyRe and Data are the guys who are into that part of the equation. I just figured out the wiring install and the correct functions for the switches. I didn't go into the radio programming section as they have done, and even they are still having some minor problems themselves. Let's ask them and get their input on your questions on the IDS and how to add the lines required, plus the code for the steering wheel controls functions.

The radio head, I got, came from a Sable/Taurus X, 08/09, and has the absolute best configuration available to fit our Mustangs. I've checked over 200 numbers, and the only head I found that was actually plug and play was the one with the 8G1T-EA. It had everything turned on, and available from the beginning. It made it work so much better, than having to pull it out and send it out for reprogramming. Being in Alaska, sending out for repairs is the only way we can do things. We aren't as lucky as the people in the big cities where there are shops to do this kind of work. Luckily the guy gave me all the harness plugs, so I was able to pin them out to the car, and see what was necessary to work in our Mustang's.

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/23/14 at 09:15 PM.
Old 5/24/14, 03:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ACM 727 codes that AK gave you are the correct codes for you vehicle.
When you connect to the IDS/VCM go to manual setting, do not enter your Vin. number.You can enter your mileage.Then go to module programing and select ACM you have to enter the 727 codes that AK posted for you. Their are only three lines. You can then check, and the IDS/VCM wil confirm the new 727 codes. Ths ACM changes will not change any of you settings on you PCM.
Hope this will help you set up your ACM. You can then then go to ACM diagnostics and by holding #3 and #6 and delete any errors. Good Luck!

Al
Old 5/26/14, 05:47 PM

The IDS will not allow me to program the ACM in manual mode.

When you select manual vehicle entry it asks for one of three of the following: PCM part number, calibration number, or tear tag. I enter my tear tag and then I can select the module programming, but then when I select the ACM module it says it cannot be done in manual mode.... I'm stuck.... Any ideas?

I should mention that the IDS is not a "dealer" software version. It is a fully licensed, up-to-date, version, but belongs to an independent shop. Could it be that their software license doesn't allow for the ACM programming in manual mode?

I will also re-state one of my original questions.... Does it have a "learning process" where it has to see 3D GPS signal and VSS input to get rid of the U2473 error? I haven't been able to drive around yet (still no driveshaft), to calibrate the GPS signal. I also noticed in the "hidden" / developer menu under "3D Calibration" that it has a message stating "sensor initializing" and "Speed Pulse = 0".

Lastly,
I do not have the SDARS installed (Satellite radio)... didn't want to drill a hole in my trunk for the antenna.... plus I'm sure my car isn't wired for it... AND, I'm not going to pay for radio in a car that I only drive to shows and stuff. Do you think that the missing SDARS could have anything to do with it? I get a different DTC for that: U0193

Originally Posted by data174
The ACM 727 codes that AK gave you are the correct codes for you vehicle.
When you connect to the IDS/VCM go to manual setting, do not enter your Vin. number.You can enter your mileage.Then go to module programing and select ACM you have to enter the 727 codes that AK posted for you. Their are only three lines. You can then check, and the IDS/VCM wil confirm the new 727 codes. Ths ACM changes will not change any of you settings on you PCM.
Hope this will help you set up your ACM. You can then then go to ACM diagnostics and by holding #3 and #6 and delete any errors. Good Luck!

Al

Last edited by 408Stang; 5/26/14 at 07:59 PM.
Old 5/26/14, 08:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Start new session and then follow the steps, you should be able to get to the Module Programming and then the ACM program. When you do a new session it will download all the parameters on your car. You just need to get the Module programming mode. You just have three lines to load make sure you fill the blocks with the correct codes.
Also after you finish confirmation, do the diagnostic check on the ACM and see if on Page#3 the speed sensor is set for MSCAN.

Last edited by data174; 5/26/14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 5/27/14, 04:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Start new session and then follow the steps, you should be able to get to the Module Programming and then the ACM program. When you do a new session it will download all the parameters on your car. You just need to get the Module programming mode. You just have three lines to load make sure you fill the blocks with the correct codes.
Also after you finish confirmation, do the diagnostic check on the ACM and see if on Page#3 the speed sensor is set for MSCAN.
I knew if we waited a day, you or Randy would come back with the answer on the ACM. I was going to tell him the same thing, but you two have more info and more time with your units, so you'd know better than I.

I order one yesterday. It was 699 list, but after all was said and done, it came it 317, delivered, on Amazon. It probably won't be the latest and greatest, but for a newbie in this area, it might be worth NOT spending too much. It most likely will go into the box with all the other latest and greatest products, I had to have over the many many years. lol.

I wanted it to learn if there was anything I could do for the guys up here in Alaska, since we have nothing or no one who can do this kind of work, that I've seen in the past 20 years. We used to have a great repair center, but he got older and sold out or quit. I can't find anyone anymore who can do squat for radios in AK.

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/27/14 at 04:34 AM.
Old 5/27/14, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

AK
I ended up buying a used oem Rotunda VCM,it also came withe the wireless Teradyne adapter for wireless. My clone VCM stopped working and I can't find any place that will repair the unit. The repair shop in the UK only repairs oem.
However, you can see from what I did with my IDS/VCM that it will get you into trouble if you are not careful. The Ids program I ordered finally showed up as a mini dvd,fortunately my laoptop opened the files. Unfortunatly, the first file was corrupt.
I contacted them and they gave a dowmload from the web page. The file opened and would not complete, and I also picked a virus that norton blocked. Are we having fun yet! LOL.

Al
Old 5/28/14, 12:34 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Theres your problem right there Data.. you are using Norton.. Norton itself is a virus. It does a poor job doing any good. Get rid of that garbage.
If youd like, I can download the file for you if youd like and run a scan on it.

Sounds like you are having tons of fun! LOL.
Old 5/28/14, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
I sent you the files on the private mode.
See what you can do with it.

Al
Old 5/29/14, 10:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I received an email tonight from a member on another Forum. He stating that he followed the SYNC module switch out, shown in the YouTube video and using the 14D212 SYNC kit. I'm glad to announce that he now has voice communications. He bought a used 9L3T-BC module, out of an 09, and just plug and play. It worked perfectly, just as the video shows.

This is what I did also for my microphone problem. If you bought the 14D212 kit, and still have to install it, then by all means, find a used module. It saves you having to have your SYNC module programmed by the dealer. If you installed the kit and are having problems with voice and or microphone, change out the new module to cure the problem. It is only programmed with basic commands installed so that it will work, but it needs more programming.

Great job Scott. Keep up the reports on this modification that you guys are doing. Good or bad. If it's bad, maybe we can figure out why. If good, then that makes it so some others might try this modification.

If anyone is currently doing mod, or has done it since this thread started, post them up. Hopefully either I, or one of our mod friends can help you get it right the first time. I want everyone, who tries this, to succeed, and have the system that should of been available, from Ford, in our S197's.

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/29/14 at 10:53 PM.
Old 5/30/14, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi AK and VGM
I just received my ACM from Brad at 4D-Tech. It installed with no problems, all is working well. I do have an extra Sync module that I tested with the current system. I did not see any change in performance of the ACM. I have been in contact with a radio programmer to see if the current program can be downloaded as 727 code.

Al
Old 5/30/14, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by akdoggie
I received an email tonight from a member on another Forum. He stating that he followed the SYNC module switch out, shown in the YouTube video and using the 14D212 SYNC kit. I'm glad to announce that he now has voice communications. He bought a used 9L3T-BC module, out of an 09, and just plug and play. It worked perfectly, just as the video shows.

This is what I did also for my microphone problem. If you bought the 14D212 kit, and still have to install it, then by all means, find a used module. It saves you having to have your SYNC module programmed by the dealer. If you installed the kit and are having problems with voice and or microphone, change out the new module to cure the problem. It is only programmed with basic commands installed so that it will work, but it needs more programming.

Great job Scott. Keep up the reports on this modification that you guys are doing. Good or bad. If it's bad, maybe we can figure out why. If good, then that makes it so some others might try this modification.

If anyone is currently doing mod, or has done it since this thread started, post them up. Hopefully either I, or one of our mod friends can help you get it right the first time. I want everyone, who tries this, to succeed, and have the system that should of been available, from Ford, in our S197's.

I was the one that akdoggie mentioned above. The SYNC kit was one of the best mods I've done yet. For those thinking of installing one of the 14D212 kits, don't make the same $130 mistake I did by assuming that the dealer will be able to program the module. That was the amount I had to pay the dealer to try and (unsuccessfully) program the module. Of course I was the first that they had ever seen with the kit. I live in the Mpls area and none of local dealers had ever programmed one of them. Akdoggie's tip of buying a used module is the way to go. I picked one up on ebay for around $60 and swapped in the other night. I now have the factory SYNC capabilities on my '09 GT with Shaker 500 that even includes the ability to perform vehicle health reports.
Old 5/30/14, 11:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by roegs
I was the one that akdoggie mentioned above. The SYNC kit was one of the best mods I've done yet. For those thinking of installing one of the 14D212 kits, don't make the same $130 mistake I did by assuming that the dealer will be able to program the module. That was the amount I had to pay the dealer to try and (unsuccessfully) program the module. Of course I was the first that they had ever seen with the kit. I live in the Mpls area and none of local dealers had ever programmed one of them. Akdoggie's tip of buying a used module is the way to go. I picked one up on ebay for around $60 and swapped in the other night. I now have the factory SYNC capabilities on my '09 GT with Shaker 500 that even includes the ability to perform vehicle health reports.
It is great to hear that people are having success doing these mods. Way to go Roegs.
Old 6/1/14, 11:23 AM

Theres nothing wrong with getting the 14D212 kit. You just need to get it programed by someone who is competent. The guys at 4D are awesome and will get it to work just like the ones the factory SYNC without issues.

Just saying.
Old 6/1/14, 11:24 AM

Hi AK and VGM
I just received my ACM from Brad at 4D-Tech. It installed with no problems, all is working well. I do have an extra Sync module that I tested with the current system. I did not see any change in performance of the ACM. I have been in contact with a radio programmer to see if the current program can be downloaded as 727 code.

Al
Al
Glad to hear you got it up and running again. I hope for your wallets sake that nothing goes wrong again. :P
Old 6/1/14, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
Well, I need to control my desire to explore further into programing. If we could obtain the correct 727 code for our setup then playing around with the settings would not be a problem. The IDS/VCM tool is a good system, but you have to be careful. I'm just wondering if the VCM 2 can download the existing in 727 format?. I will keep searching!

Al
Old 6/1/14, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
VGM
I'm just wondering if the VCM 2 can download the existing in 727 format?. I will keep searching!

Al
Ask dmhines or zeroaviation. We have been playing around with the VCMII for a couple months now, but he and Zeroaviation are most knowledgable with it. Mine will be for sale when I am done with it.
Old 6/1/14, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi Jim,
It has been a long time since we have been in contact. Kevin kept us up to date on the Navigation system.
Why are you getting rid of your VCM?

Al
Old 6/1/14, 08:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Hi Jim,
It has been a long time since we have been in contact. Kevin kept us up to date on the Navigation system.
Why are you getting rid of your VCM?

Al
I've been busy with mods on the 2012, so I haven't visited this section much.

After I'm done with the VCM, I won't need it anymore.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009