05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/14, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AK
That is all the code they use on the ACM for the Navigation units up to 2009. I verified other Mustangs with Navigation and it checks out. I now have a ECU error on my Nav head since it came back from 4D-Tech I should had asked Brad if he had flashed my vin. That would have reset to a shaker500 setting.
When I contacted Brad he said J#1 holds no microphone inputs, he said they are all located on the 16 pin J#3 plug.
Yes I agree that if it goes to the roof plug then it related to the mirror mic..
In my case he changed the harness so the mic. from the oem mirror I assume line drive is seperated from the the mic. from the Sync module.
Brad is going to ship today, I'm hoping to recieve it by Wednesday, we shall see.
Did the Sync module that I purchased number go along with the part numbers you had in mind.?
BTW the 2010 Nav.has 23 lines on the ACM.

Thanks Al

Last edited by data174; 4/28/14 at 08:17 AM.
Old 4/28/14, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I read that. 23 lines of code? I don't think our Pioneers can hold that amount. I have a list at home, of all the codes supposedly in "my" IDS. I don't remember how many of each group were listed, so I didn't know of there being just the few lines for the Shaker. With the 2011 codes, I guess it is pick and choose your "smorgasbord" from the buffet lines, eh,? lol Must control a lot of extra crap in the newer ACM's.

Yes to the question on the SYNC module. That number shows to match up with our heads. Good quick find. Funny, my daughter doesn't like looking up my information in my computer. She says it looks like a collage, the way i have it set up. I did that for her, so she could easily find what i wanted. If she only knew before I left, eh?

I've been asking around and haven't found a source to break the Ford 727 lines down to more "readable" info yet. I do have one guy to go see before I go home, and he supposedly has a printed book on the whole IDS Ford system, up to 2012. I'll let you know after I go see him, next Monday. I hope there is a Kinko's nearby or whoever.

I show on the J3, both 8 and 16 used with microphone, but the J1-7pin, shows it is PTA and is a shielded wire, like a microphone cable. Since I'm not using that system, I've not researched it fully. I'm beginning to think that the best codes for the navigation head is the one in the Taurus/Sable, I purchased. lol I've had the least amount of problems, although I did run into the microphone problem. At least I had the spare module to try, and now that everything works, I'm more than happy. I just wish my back allowed me more flexibility, so that I could try some of the more mods. I just can't bend or lay inside, to wire things anymore. One too many falls, I guess. Maybe just getting old. lol

Last edited by akdoggie; 4/28/14 at 01:13 PM.
Old 4/28/14, 02:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill
The change I believe was early 2010 when they changed the amp system. Any radios after that required a small amp to drive the line drives for the audio. I think they call it a Brick Kit, you need it when you upgrade to the newer radios.
I agree I dont think the PCM will accept that many lines of code for the ACM. They have so many acronyms that it is hard to keep up with, i.e. PCM,ECM,ECU,ACM etc.
Lets see if splitting the Mic. mirror wire from the Sync Mic. wire does the job.
4D-Tech was shipping today 2 day service. I'm hoping it arrives Wenesday morning so I can test the system, I have to leave Thursday for a conference at Lake Mary,Florida.

Al

Last edited by data174; 4/28/14 at 02:12 PM.
Old 4/29/14, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

With 71 downloads of the wiring controls, I wonder who else has started and or completed this project. Anyone else doing this or trying this right now?
Old 4/30/14, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

AK
The next thing I have to check when I install the ACM is the ACM codes a verify my 727 codes I installed. Also need to check the APIM codes, those are the codes for the Bluetooth. I found the code for the APIM on the 2010 MUstang.

APIM 7DO-01-01****0004****4000****001D
APIM 7DO-02-01****0155****5300****0083
APIM 7DO-03-01****0000****0000****00DB

I'm not sure if that is compatible with the Sync modules we installed in our vehicles. We need a mustang that has had the dealer Sync installed and programmed.
Most likely the installation set the APIM code. It is always something. LOL

Al

Last edited by data174; 4/30/14 at 10:43 AM.
Old 4/30/14, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

AK

I recieved my ACM, and plugged everything in but the antenas. Tried the SYNC button, (speech system is not responding). Tried the used SYNC module with same results. This is going to be head scratcher. I have downloaded a install program from Ford that does trouble shooting of the Sync module. I probably will not be getting back to it until Monday. It has to be wiring, if Brad could make it work on the bench.
Buttons work fine LOL.

Al

Last edited by data174; 4/30/14 at 02:11 PM.
Old 4/30/14, 05:22 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
OOO thats frustrating. This is what I am really worried about getting it back. Ive sent mine off with the SYNC unit. I hope everything works as it should. So you hold down the speech button for a few seconds and still nothing? I really wonder whats wrong.
Old 4/30/14, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
When I push the Sync button it goes into the correct mode, but does not recognize the speech program. No microphne input.
Brad said it worked fine on his work bench. Brad made a change to the mic. connection hoping that it would work with my system. Something in my wiring harness is different.
On top of all that I hooked up my IDS/VCM and it will not let me use the programing mode. I guess I'm not having a good day. I did order a IDS program to update my V59 to
V86. Hope that corrects the programing mode.
VGM, how long does it take to ship you radio to 4D-Tech.

Al
Old 4/30/14, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by data174
I did order a IDS program to update my V59 to
Al
\
Data, I believe that V59 is way too old for the ACM, its pre Navigation on the Mustang, that's why it won't work. I think you'll find V86 should work great. I've used V78 and V79 and had no issues.

Randy
Old 4/30/14, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

randyre
Yes, I haven't used it in quite a while. I used it back when I programed the ACM on my 2009 and it worked fine.
When I enter the program module mode it tells me not available. So I ordered the V86 disk, the price is only $10 plus shipping $5. It will probably take 10 days to arrive.
I did not ask if you have to use windows XP.

Al

Last edited by data174; 4/30/14 at 08:44 PM.
Old 5/1/14, 08:06 AM

VGM
When I push the Sync button it goes into the correct mode, but does not recognize the speech program. No microphne input.
Brad said it worked fine on his work bench. Brad made a change to the mic. connection hoping that it would work with my system. Something in my wiring harness is different.
On top of all that I hooked up my IDS/VCM and it will not let me use the programing mode. I guess I'm not having a good day. I did order a IDS program to update my V59 to
VGM, how long does it take to ship you radio to 4D-Tech.

Al
Since I live in Canada it will take 2 weeks minimum to get there. Then I will have to pick it up stateside from Ogdensburg.
Speaking of your mic not working, I was reading a post about someone who had issues with it not working and finally got it to work. Maybe its your wiring? Check this post out:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...ds-free-7.html
and read posts #65 & #68 hopefully thats the problem and you are able to get it to work.

BTW since you have your unit again, could you post your configure pics now?

VGM
Old 5/5/14, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
The problem was wiring and location of the #2 pin on the J#1 connector. On my J#1 pins location #2 thru #7 were vacant. That is why my microphone was dead. I inserted a new wire to pin#2 and connected the wire to the SJB. So far all checks out. I'm slowly putting the car back together. When I finish I will take pictures of my settings.

Al
Old 5/5/14, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I could of swore that somewhere in this writeup that I listed the wire for J1, #2 pin for power to supply for SYNC microphone. I might not of of, but I'm pretty sure I did mention it. If not, I am sorry I left that out. I'll have to reread my one pdf and check it out. Remember, all the heads are wired differently and some do not need the wire added. Some Mustangs have the #2 wire incorporated into their harnesses. Below is a C290a plug schematic, showing that.

Anyways, yes, you have to have a wire to J1, number 2 for power to the microphone. It is used in the Taurus/Sable pinout, so I followed it's intentions all the way to find it ran the power for any add on accessories for the head.

That is the only other wire you need. I'm still sure I have that shown somewhere in my pdf's. If I can't find it, I'll have to add it.

Thanks Data for bringing that up. I still have 10 more days for vacation, so I'm suppose to be enjoying myself, but eh...I've had more fun falling into a lake than what we are doing so far. Inlaws can only go so far. lol. Oh well, keep us posted guys on your projects.
Attached Thumbnails Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009-2006radio-pins3.jpg  

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/5/14 at 04:06 PM.
Old 5/5/14, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

O.K. AK, have fun that's what vacations are all about.

Al
Old 5/5/14, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Al. Just so I can add it to my list when I get back, what terminal on the SJB did you attach to? Did you use the same as you attached your SYNC wire to?

Thanks. I'll try my best while I'm down here. I can't wait to find out how VGM does. I knew you'd walk thru it with little or no problems (turns out it is all in the wiring as well as the head used). l know VGM will get thru it ok, I just don't know where he is right now on the finished end. Last I read was he still wasn't wired right.
Old 5/5/14, 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill,I used the red/light blue from the sync installation instructions. VGM is waiting for the arrival of his radio from 4D-Tech.

Al
Old 5/5/14, 09:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill,I used the red/light blue from the sync installation instructions. VGM is waiting for the arrival of his radio from 4D-Tech.

Al
Good. I thought you might of but wanted to be sure so that others, who might need the wiring added, would know where to put it. lol

Thanks for the update on VGM. I only get some of the stuff on this phone and is tough to look back on in much detail.
Old 5/7/14, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM
Have you had a chance to look at your J#1 and see if pin #2 is wired ?. When I contacted Brad at 4D-Tech I explained to him of the vacant #2 pin on my harness. I dont know if he will make any changes to the Sync harness.
I will take photos of my diagnostic pages tomorrow and post. So far everything is working correctly.

Al
Old 5/8/14, 08:17 AM

Hey Al & AK.
Glad you are enjoying you vacation AK. OH and dont worry about the email I sent about the mirror. I got it to work!

Yes I am currently waiting to pick up my Nav from state side. Ill be going this Sat.
One thing I said my car was a 2008 GT and gave the VIN for that car. So I am hoping that wont mess up anything.

AK - I can tell you that you did not specify to add the pin #2 in the J1 for the mic. Adding it to the PDF would be a good idea!
Al - Ill check my J1 today. If its not there Ill have to add/wire it up! Thanks for the heads up and the help!
Ive been busy making mistakes on my car! LOL. I went to go change the engine oil and I flushed the trany fluid my mistake! DOH! I hade to figure out HOW to get it back up in there and IF this **** country I live in sells Mercon V! Good thing they have Mobil 1 which is made for Mercon V cars. So I managed to pump the trany fluid back into the car and change my oil (RP FTW)!
Yesterday I installed the 2010 auto shifter! Getting that thing changed was a PITA! It was also my first time I was fully under my car too! Very scary/exciting experience!

Cheers.
VGM

Last edited by VGMStudios; 5/8/14 at 08:23 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 05:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I thought that I posted a reference on the SYNC install page, but find that I put up the original Ford SYNC page and not the one with my notes on the front. Seems that my daughter can find my stuff when I'm gone, better than I can when I'm home. lol. SHe sent me this a few minutes ago. It has the information on the J1-number 2 wire information on the front cover, so I wouldn't miss it. So much for that lol. So much stuff to put together, all at once, so I'm sorry I left out the one little piece of information, only pertinent to the SYNC install though. If you are not adding the SYNC kit, then it is unnecessary. Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
09_Must_Sync_6-18-08aa.pdf (498.5 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/8/14 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009