05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/08, 12:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha...thanks guys....I know it looks black but my car is actually Alloy Metallic. I guess the overcast day makes it look black.

I will certainly keep posting pics as it progresses.

Wait till you guys see what else I have in store!

P.S. mseymour if you have questions or want other pics let me know.
Old 3/28/08, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Guytonius
Hood's on and in primer. The louvers I am leaving off until I get it painted. I made some ugly covers for the holes for now.

lovely, those wheels are an asset to the car as well
Like it...a lot...
Old 3/28/08, 06:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rampant
^ Willie -- was the extra weight on the nose of the GT500 noticeable? I have talked to several who say it is. That in itself would probably be a reason for me to keep the GT.

However, if you plan to sell it, the GT500 will be worth a lot more than a modded GT. That being said Rob, since you have the GT already, you will take the hit regardless. So, if it drives very similar, is it really worth the extra money for the Shelby name and 6 speed?

Personally, I say mod the car to make it unique and your own so you enjoy it the most -- forget about names or authenticity of badges.
well I like them all, was just making a point that he who can't afford the Shelby is gonna have a great car as well and if you invest a few grand in great suspension parts it will probably run rings around a GT 500 on a road track.

But yeah, if I had the money I too would have bought the Shelby
And yeah, every body has their own unique car however you look at it.
Old 3/28/08, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha...thanks guys....I know it looks black but my car is actually Alloy Metallic. I guess the overcast day makes it look black.

Still gonna look bad a$$ in alloy.......I love alloy!
Old 3/29/08, 04:18 PM

Having owned a GT and now a GT500, I would pick my GT500 every day of the year over the GT. Now the differences were my GT had a centrical blower and my GT500 has the roots hybrid blower. The GT had 523rwhp and 496rwtq, which would be more than my stock GT500, however I would bet my GT500 would run circles around my old GT. I love the feel of the GT500 and all that comes with it. I love the seats, the interior, the 6 speed transmission is far superior to the crap 3650 that my GT had. Having a forged motor in my GT500 makes me feel a lot better about driving it hard than not having one in my GT. Basically what it boiled down to for me was do I want to keep dumping money into a GT that is constantly depreciating, only to make it more like a GT500, or do I just buy a GT500 that already has everything I want and can only go up from there, and will hopefully depreciate at a much slower rate. I understand the video about the Roush and GT500, but you add suspension to the GT500 and it will tear the Roush up. I think that the GT500 is the best bang for the buck at MSRP, because to buy a comparable Saleen you're going to pay a lot more. The new Saleen extremes are forged 5.0's with 6 speed transmissions, but I think their MSRP is like $65k or more.

Last edited by 2006GT500; 3/29/08 at 04:19 PM.
Old 3/29/08, 09:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Having owned a GT and now a GT500, I would pick my GT500 every day of the year over the GT. Now the differences were my GT had a centrical blower and my GT500 has the roots hybrid blower. The GT had 523rwhp and 496rwtq, which would be more than my stock GT500, however I would bet my GT500 would run circles around my old GT. I love the feel of the GT500 and all that comes with it. I love the seats, the interior, the 6 speed transmission is far superior to the crap 3650 that my GT had. Having a forged motor in my GT500 makes me feel a lot better about driving it hard than not having one in my GT. Basically what it boiled down to for me was do I want to keep dumping money into a GT that is constantly depreciating, only to make it more like a GT500, or do I just buy a GT500 that already has everything I want and can only go up from there, and will hopefully depreciate at a much slower rate. I understand the video about the Roush and GT500, but you add suspension to the GT500 and it will tear the Roush up. I think that the GT500 is the best bang for the buck at MSRP, because to buy a comparable Saleen you're going to pay a lot more. The new Saleen extremes are forged 5.0's with 6 speed transmissions, but I think their MSRP is like $65k or more.
as i said, i'd still rather have the real thing if i had a choice
Old 4/2/08, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Twisted
Now its primed and on the car, I'll wait until late spring to paint it so any imperfections will work their way out.

Twisted how did you attach your vents? Did you use tape? I painted my vents primer and I want to put them on but I don't want to tape them because the whole thing will be painted in a month or 2 and I don't want to deal with tape.
Old 4/2/08, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

More pictures from all sides would be great. Which side scoops are those? I agree with the other guys, those wheels in that color look badass on your car. I started to get the black nitrous to go with my black car, but decided to go with chrome and have a few chrome accents to match. I like the completely blacked out look, but I think I like a bit of chrome even better. On the alloy, though, I'll have to say, that choice is perfect.
Old 4/2/08, 01:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mseymour3
More pictures from all sides would be great. Which side scoops are those? I agree with the other guys, those wheels in that color look badass on your car. I started to get the black nitrous to go with my black car, but decided to go with chrome and have a few chrome accents to match. I like the completely blacked out look, but I think I like a bit of chrome even better. On the alloy, though, I'll have to say, that choice is perfect.
I don't have any side shots with the new hood but here's a few from a few months ago. Side scoops and window scoops are from Blow-By Racing (made by Kaenan)

Old 4/2/08, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Twisted how did you attach your vents? Did you use tape? I painted my vents primer and I want to put them on but I don't want to tape them because the whole thing will be painted in a month or 2 and I don't want to deal with tape.
It is a pain but I used some small button head screws I had laying around and pre-drilled the holes in the side of the louver piece then put the louver on the hood and marked where to drill a slightly smaller hole in the side of the hood itself. I used 4 screws on each louver, they were also hex heads so I could use an allen wrench to install them.

Now I have them epoxied them in place and they will be molded in when I do paint the hood.

Last edited by Twisted; 4/2/08 at 05:44 PM.
Old 4/2/08, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Guytonius,

Your car looks killer with out the chin spoiler, do you have the stock side skirts or after market side skirts?

I'm talkin bout this picture.

and rear valance?

Last edited by Twisted; 4/2/08 at 09:35 PM.
Old 4/2/08, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Twisted
Guytonius,

Your car looks killer with out the chin spoiler, do you have the stock side skirts or after market side skirts?
Those look like 3D Carbon pieces (also sold through Ford).
Old 4/2/08, 10:34 PM
GT Member

Yes side skirts and rear bumper cover are 3dCarbon GT Styling Kit. They are coming off soon though. If anyone near MD wants them let me know.

Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 4/2/08, 10:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Just got her back. Here are the pics.
Wow Rob, you just keep inspiring me to do more!

Looks amazing!!!
Old 4/3/08, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Wow Rob, you just keep inspiring me to do more!

Looks amazing!!!

Thanks man!
Old 4/3/08, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Trufiber gt500 venom hood

My hood was shipped out today and will be here next week and was wondering why some of the venom hoods look taller than others like Guytonius and Twisted looks taller than Oklacop ?
Old 4/4/08, 04:46 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07stangme
My hood was shipped out today and will be here next week and was wondering why some of the venom hoods look taller than others like Guytonius and Twisted looks taller than Oklacop ?
that's because Trufiber used most of us as as guinea pigs, they revised the design of the hood making the nostrils a bit more flush, revising the flimsy nose grille, as well as the ram air duct..
Old 4/4/08, 05:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by G.T
that's because Trufiber used most of us as as guinea pigs, they revised the design of the hood making the nostrils a bit more flush, revising the flimsy nose grille, as well as the ram air duct..
I know my eyes SEE that, but Phil assured me that the front nostrils are the same on both hoods.

Does someone with a new hood want to measure so we can find out for sure?
Old 4/4/08, 06:13 AM
GT Member

Measurements would be great if you guys dont mind . I am very curious about that.
Old 4/4/08, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Here are my measurements. I measured in about 1 inch to avoid the confusion with the curves. The taller measurements are measured from the lower part of the hood at the bottom of the vents, to the sharp crease above the vents (as pictured)

Quick Reply: TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!