05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/06, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverGTvert
Can I be your Guniea pig for the sample you are producing? I was one of the ones that had theirs broken oon shipping and am trying to get one of these.
Yeah me too!! Mine was one of the ones UPS had fun with. So I would love to get one of these and I would test fit for yall!
Old 5/26/06, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Yeah me too!! Mine was one of the ones UPS had fun with. So I would love to get one of these and I would test fit for yall!

Hey I called it first. j/k
Old 5/26/06, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by silverGTvert
Hey I called it first. j/k
Not if I use the schwartz lol

I know...but they need to test more than one I hope
Old 5/29/06, 01:13 PM
FR500 Member

For those who were able to make the molded grill work, a little back to black and about 20 minutes give the grill a lot cleaned, richer look.

Paul
Old 5/29/06, 01:15 PM
FR500 Member

Mothers back to black.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-grill-002.jpg  
Old 5/29/06, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone put any type of emblem on this grille yet? I want to get a tribar pony emblem but I'm not sure which year will fit the best.
Old 5/30/06, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05BLKGT
Has anyone put any type of emblem on this grille yet? I want to get a tribar pony emblem but I'm not sure which year will fit the best.
Hey 05BLKGT, I may be able to help you with this. I have the grill, and at first I was all set to use the new Pony Package fenger badge. Boy was I off, way to big. So I went with a 1998 tri-bar logo. Perfect size for the grill. I have a picture in my camera if you need to see it for comparisons. Hope this helps.
Old 5/30/06, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Asked SKR,today about the timeline on the replacement grilles. The response was August.
Old 5/30/06, 01:25 PM
V6 Member

August? I hope that's with plenty of cushion! I'd hate to see delays again. But it's sure good that the info is coming directly from the importer/manufacturer for a change.
Thanks to KSR for keeping us up to date.
Old 5/30/06, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
The response was August.
Friggen ups...broke my tabs
Old 5/30/06, 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Someone donate your grill to this man so he can get his car out the shop and get some cams in it already lol

lol just busting your chops there mr doug...I would think you could fix a warped one if you could get your hands on one.
Hey guys,

Thanks to Richard N. as he sold his to me for his cost. I will install it and any mods to it will be made by my bodyshop. They are good with that kinda stuff.

As for Cams, soon very very soon!
Old 5/30/06, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey 05BLKGT, I may be able to help you with this. I have the grill, and at first I was all set to use the new Pony Package fenger badge. Boy was I off, way to big. So I went with a 1998 tri-bar logo. Perfect size for the grill. I have a picture in my camera if you need to see it for comparisons. Hope this helps.
If you could post the pic that would be great. Thanks.
Old 5/31/06, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
Hey guys,

Thanks to Richard N. as he sold his to me for his cost. I will install it and any mods to it will be made by my bodyshop. They are good with that kinda stuff.

As for Cams, soon very very soon!
Rub it in two times why dont ya lol

I cant wait to see the cam results!
Old 6/6/06, 03:26 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,868 Likes on 2,114 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=47004

Perhaps time to look at the 3dcarbon Grille Again.
Old 6/7/06, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those are just too close imo. I am just going to wait for these....
Old 6/11/06, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

Yea, I prefer the distancing of the KSR foglights over the 3DC ones.

Here is an interesting question. Karnutt emailed me and asked me what I was going to do with my grill when the replcements come out. Was I going to swap, or keep. I haven't completely decided yet. Obviously I would like to swap if another one was offered that was 100%. But the repair I did to mine is pretty darn good ( torch on the underside with wood pushing the warp out ) and it would truly have to be a 100% grill before I would jack with it. If it were a 90% perfect one, I don't know that I would bother. So for those that have repaired yours, what is your opinion?

Also, had anyone actually kept in contact with Butch to see if he is going to honor what KSR said? Because Butch said return them immediately, KSR said keep them until the new ones arrive, then Butch responded and did not sound too pleased with that KSR had instructed us to do. So has anyone pinged Butch to see if he is indeed going to honor having the grills returned in August ( or whenever ) for the replacement one? For that matter, is anyone ( Butch, KSR, ANYONE!! ) going to actually contact us when the new ones come out? Or is it going to be another one of those bug people until we get the answer we want scenarios? Something tells me that is going to be the case. Hope I am wrong. Especially hope I am wrong about the seller....
Old 6/11/06, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Now THAT's what I'm talking about....

edit - okay - I need to find a place to host the images.. I'll be back soon!

Took an hour or so of fiddling to get the warpage out of the bottom of the grill with a heat-gun, wood strips and angle-iron, but it finally saw it my way.

The worse part of the whole ordeal was getting the old grill out. The side tabs were bad but the bottom ones were murder. Once you realize you're working on a rubber bumper, you just get in there with a couple of screwdrivers to pry the rubber out of the way so the tab can be released.

I extended the wires 10", solder/heat-shrink - looks great!
Old 6/11/06, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Trying again..

Dang - that didn't work either.. ((sigh))

Old 6/12/06, 07:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hawgman
Yea, I prefer the distancing of the KSR foglights over the 3DC ones.

Also, had anyone actually kept in contact with Butch to see if he is going to honor what KSR said? Because Butch said return them immediately, KSR said keep them until the new ones arrive, then Butch responded and did not sound too pleased with that KSR had instructed us to do. So has anyone pinged Butch to see if he is indeed going to honor having the grills returned in August ( or whenever ) for the replacement one? For that matter, is anyone ( Butch, KSR, ANYONE!! ) going to actually contact us when the new ones come out? Or is it going to be another one of those bug people until we get the answer we want scenarios? Something tells me that is going to be the case. Hope I am wrong. Especially hope I am wrong about the seller....
Hey Hawgman, I actually talked to Butch last evening. We was at one of my local Cruise Nights. First off, he IS a good person to deal with. He just took the brunt of the storm when the grills turned out to be bad. He saw my car and stopped over to say hi and to chat. He told me the time table, on when KSR will have the new version of the grills. From the estimations, it should be available middle to end of August. The company is a little behind. He wanted me to post this, as he has been extremely busy with family (his wife just had their 1st child on the 31st of May) Needless to say, with his business, and the new addition to the family, he is overwelmed.

Now about returns for new grills. HE WILL HONOR a return of the old grill when the new ones become available. He will (from my understanding) have a list of how many new grills he will need to fill replacement orders, and thats all he will get. I don't think he will get any more to actually sell. He just wants to make everyone who got the 1st versions to be happy. He took alot of crap, for only being a seller, and not the actual manufacturer. If you did buy his grill off ebay, you can always email his ebay account. He will get back to you if you have any questions. He's a good guy, and I'll stand up for him, so just give it time, and for the new product to come out. Hope this helps you all out.
Old 6/12/06, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

so...i need one of these ****IT! someone PLEASE SELL theirs to me.