V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 12:14 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 11, 2006, 2:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The nice thing about the turbo is how much power it makes throughout the rpm range. Even at only 8PSI.
[/b][/quote]

Yes that is a spectacular piece of technology Jimp! Being able to carry boost throughout the RPM range is a new concept, which is catching on fast.. LOL!! Good 'Ol Jimpster! Teaching us new things everyday! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I like the name Jimp better.. I'll never call you anything else... Jimp! I should have used that screen name if you didnt want it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Its original..
Old 3/12/06, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 12, 2006, 2:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes that is a spectacular piece of technology Jimp! Being able to carry boost throughout the RPM range is a new concept, which is catching on fast.. LOL!! Good 'Ol Jimpster! Teaching us new things everyday! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I like the name Jimp better.. I'll never call you anything else... Jimp! I should have used that screen name if you didnt want it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Its original..
[/b][/quote]

I know you knew that already. It's just amazing the way it makes power. To me anyway. And the top guys in racing are switching to turbo these days, even the 5.0 guys. It used to be only the import guys were using turbos but not anymore. And no, this is not a slight to you or anyone using a S/C. Those are great also.
Old 3/12/06, 01:27 PM
MSP
Banned

Ok guys! Updated my sig to reflect a more accurate description of my car, along with the dyno sheet link.. This is so there are no more misconceptions..

It must also be noted that WOT was stopped before 5600RPM.. But thats about as close as I can get it, when guessing..
Old 3/13/06, 08:39 AM
MSP
Banned

Thought I would place this launch video here.. It was a horrible launch, which consisted of the tires spinning in first, and the rpms bouncing quickley off the rev limiter.. I actually revved 1st to 6000rpm twice, then shifted to 2nd with only 1/4 of throttle.. In 2nd you can hear alittle chirp, because of this. If I went WOT in 2nd the tires would spin again..

http://media.putfile.com/Launch28

So this is with the 3.25in pulley and 303RWHP.. This gets worse with the 2.87 pulley and 326RWHP.. And forget about the 2.62 pulley.. So I need Drag Radials.. I think I'll get the DR's first, then concentrate on the suspension..

Scrming is right about power.. No need to increase it, until you can get what you have to the ground properly.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 09:14 AM
MSP
Banned

Also.. My decision to get DR's first has to do with my need to know the exact change the other suspension components make to the rear end.. Since I will have better grip with DR's, I will be able to understand the impact of LCA's much better, as well as UCA's..

I am concentrating on a few things from Powerhouse411's website.. Which are these 3 items..

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...&products_id=53

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...6&products_id=3

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...&products_id=55

Now onto the PanHard..

This setup from BMR

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/05Mustang/up...talledLarge.jpg

So, I want to understand the total impact of these additions.. How is each one unique in its ability to control my launch.. I feel I can only truley understand this, when I have tires which will stick each launch and gear shift I make..

So I am no longer power hungry.. My focus is on getting it the the ground.. But during that journey, I will be just as determined as my pursuit for more power, so I apologize now before any arguments have taken place.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got my vote on the CHS LCA's, I love mine, and I've been eyeballing the CHS UCA's as well. The anti-squat brackets are new to me, wondering about those!

From BMR, you are going with the panhard bar and brace? Both I assume.