V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 03:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There you go guys!! The SAE still places me slightly ahead of a stock 03 Cobra HP wise, which was the original plan...

The water injection may add alittle more to this.. But for now, I am extremely happy!! Thanks Vortech!! Awsome product!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 03:27 PM
MSP
Banned

Here is 12psi vs. 10psi

In this one, you can see 12psi starts to pick up steam around 3500rpm.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 02:38 PM
MSP
Banned

Just wanted to follow up.. Got a few lessons on the Diablo Predator.. I had to re-flash it today.. Bottom line is, I am now in full control of the A/F ratio, and Spark advanced... I pretty much cleaned up the tune abit.. The car pulls smoothly and much more powerful than yesterday.. If I had to guess, I would say I am closer to a 441RWHP SAE number now.. It might be more.. All I know is in 3rd gear, I cover a vast amount of ground very quickley...

On a side note.. I am now pretty much an expert with this Diablo now.. LOL!! To a certain extent.. I mean, Ihave been from heck and back in the time since I made this post.. Vortech's engineers, Lance and Mike took time out of their day to talk with me on the phone... These conversations taught me the proper use of the Diablo, and also how to apply certain things based on certain conditions..

As far as customer support goes, this is the best I have ever seen.. Also felt in the SOTP situation.. I am really overwhelmed by Vortechs commitment to me personally, and to our V6 Stangs..

Well, I know I am rambling on.. Let me just say this.. Words are not enough for the guys at Vortech.. They deserve alot more than words.. I'm not sure how I will show my appreciation for the time they spent with me.. Returning phone calls and emails.. Answering questions which were not asked properly.. Being patient..

I really dont know what to say seriously.. I dont think you can find this level of dedication in alot of places in the world today.. See Ya! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 03:30 PM
GT Member

Great numbers,Was this using ice or no ice in the reservoir?
Old 2/23/06, 04:24 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Puerto Rico 4.6 @ February 23, 2006, 2:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great numbers,Was this using ice or no ice in the reservoir?
[/b][/quote]

No ice in the reservoir.. Probably would have helped on the third pull... No ice, fan or moving air.. Just 3 straight pulls all done in about 10min..
Old 2/27/06, 01:00 PM
MSP
Banned

Just letting those who are interested know that next Monday the T-LOK goes in, followed by Powerhouse411 LLC's LCA's...

So I will post a stock LCA launch video on next Monday afternoon.. I am going to keep the 3.31's currently in the car on.. Based on the way the car feels right now, I dont feel the 3.73's are needed at this point... I also would like to be able to make a first run in this car with 3.31's to further gauge the performance of the Vortech kit when installed on a stock vehicle, with stock LCA's..

I will however be ording the Powerhouse LCA's alot sooner than that.. I normally order parts and shelf them, until I feel ready to add them.. LOL! Just the way I do things..

I know most are anxious to gauge my cars real performance on a track.. This places me one step closer to fulilling those wishes..

So again, expect a launch video next monday afternoon.. Again using my same Samsung Camera which does not have a very sturdy mic.. But the main point of the video is the launch, using stock LCA's.. Thus far, I dont have a good launch at all because the V2 snaps the single tire into a spin by 1300rpm if I release the clutch quickley.. So for now I must use a roll.. By next Monday, some will be able to view how well a T-LOK is able to apply this power to the ground.. Wish me Luck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Also, it is important to note that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, gear all tac-out pretty quickey, So I have had to set my rev limiter lower than normal for dailey driving.. Which to me is a good indication that the 3.31's are a really good gear for this setup.. Of course it is more than obvious a faster track time could be achieved with the 3.73's, but in an effort to be complete in regards to the absolute abilities of the stock Vortech kit @ 12psi a good run or 2 must take place with the 3.31's.. I have no doubt that my first trip to the track will end with a desire for the 3.73's.. This is obvious.. However, based on the daily driving situation while at 12psi, the car is able to spin up pretty quickley with the 3.31's.. So I need to find out exactly how valuable the 3.31 gear is for a Supercharged or Turbo Charged situation.. I am reminded of the Powerhouse Mustang V6 Turbo car running an 11.81ET with the 3.55's while at 400RWHP..

You can expect my first trip to the track to consist of a run also using Race gas, producing 400RWHP or close, if not more.. I am carefully planning all these things out.. Keeping in mind, the tenderness of the 7.5 T-LOK.. I would like to forgoe an impressive 60ft time, in favor of a really fast trap speed, and somewhat decent ET.. Since I know personally how fast my car can tac-out 3rd gear, I am sure my 1/8th mile time will be somewhere around 103MPH.. This depends on if I am able to shift to 4th about 50ft before the 1/8th marker which is what my plan is.. I am confident the V2 can achieve this by tacing out 3rd gear 50ft before the 1st 1/8th marker.. If I can, then expect a faster 1/8th time..

Alot may think I am blowing smoke.. But I have had this dream from the day I bought my car, and left the dealership.. This is definatley not a game to me.. I'm dead serious about all of this.. Dont bet against me! My success is viewed by me as a success for the 2005 Mustang V6.. A car I cherrish more than my 88 Saleen (#635) and my 93 Cobra! I have been re-born a 6'er! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im really interested to see how the t-lok does under this power.. hopefully Ill be right and the TrueTrac is just overkill hehe [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] g'luck.
Old 2/27/06, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 27, 2006, 2:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Since I know personally how fast my car can tac-out 3rd gear, I am sure my 1/8th mile time will be somewhere around 103MPH.. This depends on if I am able to shift to 4th about 50ft before the 1/8th marker which is what my plan is.. I am confident the V2 can achieve this by tacing out 3rd gear 50ft before the 1st 1/8th marker.. If I can, then expect a faster 1/8th time..
[/b][/quote]

What are you smoking? 103 in the 1/8? You amaze me!
Old 2/27/06, 01:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 27, 2006, 3:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Im really interested to see how the t-lok does under this power.. hopefully Ill be right and the TrueTrac is just overkill hehe [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] g'luck.
[/b][/quote]

Powerhouse broke his T-lok with a 150 shot of nitrous when he ran his 12.3. I'm pretty sure he was running slicks though. With street tires you should be ok.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 27, 2006, 3:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I think he broke his calculator. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 01:48 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 27, 2006, 12:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Powerhouse broke his T-lok with a 150 shot of nitrous when he ran his 12.3. I'm pretty sure he was running slicks though. With street tires you should be ok.
[/b][/quote]

Just telling what my goals are.. It may not be achieved on the first trip I know.. But There is nothing wrong with having a goal.. Goals and aspirations are the only thing which give us hope for the future, besides our kids! LOL!

I will do my best.. Once I have the first track day under my belt, I will analyze what I need to change to get closer to my goal.. Dont hate me for having goals! Hate me because I dont! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Wait a minute! LOL! thats way to high.. Sorry about that...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Steal...eslip-249.html

I gotta put this pipe down.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 27, 2006, 12:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 27, 2006, 12:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Seriously Max200Jp, I really didnt mean 103MPH.. LOL!! Forgive me.. More like mid low to mid 80's! My bad!! Jesus Christ.. No wonder I am viewed as insane sometimes.. Thanks for pointing that out.. I think this guys time is pretty darn good..

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-2696.html

Not a bad run at all!

Of course he had some DR though.. His 60ft is real impressive.. Using street tires, no way I'll even get close to that.. The DR will come later.. Let me just lay 1 or 2 down first, and we will take it from there..
Old 2/27/06, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

MSP:

What was the particular reason for going with the T-Lok? I got the TT mostly because I didn't feel comfortable with something that has already been broken by one of our fellow V6-hackers.

Hopefully the TT will stand up to whatever I end up doing to this car. I really don't want the expense of setting up an 8.8" rearend....
Old 2/27/06, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 27, 2006, 2:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Seriously Max200Jp, I really didnt mean 103MPH.. LOL!! Forgive me.. More like mid low to mid 80's! My bad!! Jesus Christ.. No wonder I am viewed as insane sometimes.. Thanks for pointing that out.. I think this guys time is pretty darn good..
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-2696.html

Not a bad run at all!

Of course he had some DR though.. His 60ft is real impressive.. Using street tires, no way I'll even get close to that.. The DR will come later.. Let me just lay 1 or 2 down first, and we will take it from there..
[/b][/quote]

No really an impressive time given his trap speed. 120 is good for mid 11s
Old 2/27/06, 01:53 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 27, 2006, 12:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP:

What was the particular reason for going with the T-Lok? I got the TT mostly because I didn't feel comfortable with something that has already been broken by one of our fellow V6-hackers.

Hopefully the TT will stand up to whatever I end up doing to this car. I really don't want the expense of setting up an 8.8" rearend....
[/b][/quote]

Mike broke his T-LOK without a girdle.. My hope is by using a girdle like Jimps, we can make it last alittle longer.. It may be that I wind up with a TT in the long run.. But I already have a T-LOK I bought ages ago, so I must use it.. You did good getting the TT, so dont worry.. If you add the girdle to it, like Jimp, you will be in good shape! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Hows your kit install going? Everything going good?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 27, 2006, 12:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No really an impressive time given his trap speed. 120 is good for mid 11s
[/b][/quote]

I am looking more at his 1/8th speed and trap speed.. For me, its a good benchmark.. Running a 12.2 wont happen without DR's though..
Old 2/27/06, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 27, 2006, 3:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP:

[/b][/quote]

what about the axles.... Powerhouse broke/twisted his axles BEFORE the Track-Lock let loose...

Also remember we are talking about dumping the clutch at 5,000 RPM...
Old 2/27/06, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 27, 2006, 2:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am looking more at his 1/8th speed and trap speed.. For me, its a good benchmark.. Running a 12.2 wont happen without DR's though..
[/b][/quote]

His trap speed was 120mph and he picked up ~28 after the 1/8th. A 120 mph trap should be good for roughly mid 11s. He had a decent 60', so maybe at some point after the car lost traction and he had to pedal it?
Old 2/27/06, 02:31 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 27, 2006, 1:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what about the axles.... Powerhouse broke/twisted his axles BEFORE the Track-Lock let loose...

Also remember we are talking about dumping the clutch at 5,000 RPM...
[/b][/quote]

Good point Scrming!! Perhaps the most insightfull.. I wont be dumping no where near 5000RPM! Thats actually something I never heard before... So Mike was alittle aggressive on it if he launched at 5000RPM! WOW!

Jesus! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

I wonder how much psi he had built up when he launched?
Old 2/27/06, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 27, 2006, 4:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good point Scrming!! Perhaps the most insightfull.. I wont be dumping no where near 5000RPM! Thats actually something I never heard before... So Mike was alittle aggressive on it if he launched at 5000RPM! WOW!

Jesus! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

I wonder how much psi he had built up when he launched?
[/b][/quote]

Didn't Mike break the tlok/axles on a run with juice at 150HP shot? Not sure if I remember correctly.
Old 2/27/06, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 27, 2006, 4:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Didn't Mike break the tlok/axles on a run with juice at 150HP shot? Not sure if I remember correctly.
[/b][/quote]

They broke/twisted the stock axles... put in the Moslers... then they broke the Track-Lock and said that's enough and stuck the 8.8 in.....

I'm not sure what shot they were using when the axles went... but I'm sure it was the 5,000 RPM dump! LOL!
Old 2/27/06, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 27, 2006, 4:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They broke/twisted the stock axles... put in the Moslers... then they broke the Track-Lock and said that's enough and stuck the 8.8 in.....

I'm not sure what shot they were using when the axles went... but I'm sure it was the 5,000 RPM dump! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

My point is they were not using the turbo at that stage, but the Zex. Just want to make sure I'm remembering it correctly.
Old 2/27/06, 03:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 27, 2006, 5:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My point is they were not using the turbo at that stage, but the Zex. Just want to make sure I'm remembering it correctly.
[/b][/quote]

Correct. Like i said in the post above.

Quick Reply: MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang