V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great numbers for sure. Like I mentioned earlier I am going to Dyno tune mine with SCT as well after installing it. We'll see where it ends up....
Old 2/2/06, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 2, 2006, 4:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great numbers for sure. Like I mentioned earlier I am going to Dyno tune mine with SCT as well after installing it. We'll see where it ends up....
[/b][/quote]

Both of you are gonna have some bad 6's. This is comming along nicely, we are seeing more and more performance 6's now. Not bad for a car that was stock 210 and in the 15's.
Old 2/2/06, 02:56 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 2, 2006, 4:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Both of you are gonna have some bad 6's. This is comming along nicely, we are seeing more and more performance 6's now. Not bad for a car that was stock 210 and in the 15's.
[/b][/quote]

Yours is going to be putting down some REAL strong numbers real soon too... Who said it couldn't be done?? lol Starting to look more like 300+ RWHP (357FWHP) and in the 12's

boooyeahhh
Old 2/2/06, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Great numbers!!! Now get that car to the track and let's see some ET's!!!
Old 2/2/06, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 2, 2006, 4:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yours is going to be putting down some REAL strong numbers real soon too... Who said it couldn't be done?? lol Starting to look more like 300+ RWHP (357FWHP) and in the 12's
boooyeahhh
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, actually the wife just called reminding me I have to meet her at Excessive Motorsports so we can leave the car there. I can't wait!! Finally gonna end the dual debate, and will finally get my Zex dyno'd!!!! And another suprise that I have been working on. LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 2, 2006, 5:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great numbers!!! Now get that car to the track and let's see some ET's!!!
[/b][/quote]

Hey John, when you gonna do another Zex dyno session? Surely you got it scheduled!!!!!!
Old 2/2/06, 03:00 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 2, 2006, 5:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks, actually the wife just called reminding me I have to meet her at Excessive Motorsports so we can leave the car there. I can't wait!! Finally gonna end the dual debate, and will finally get my Zex dyno'd!!!! And another suprise that I have been working on. LOL.
Hey John, when you gonna do another Zex dyno session? Surely you got it scheduled!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Wow -- it's like Christmas [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 2, 2006, 5:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I just got back from checking on my new surprise... ran into a small snag... LOL!

I really wanted to wait until the weather warmed up a bit so I can make sure the bottle pressure is up where it belongs... Probably won't do it until March...
Old 2/2/06, 03:13 PM
MSP
Banned

I did get alot of distortion on my small camera.. I do apologize!

Here is the First Pull!!

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-Day-Vo...2-S-Trim-10psi

http://media.putfile.com/Vortech-Dyno-Day-2

http://media.putfile.com/Vortech-Dyno-Day-1

Ok guys, the camera cant handle the sound so well... But its all I got! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:18 PM
GT Member

That is awsome now I can't wait to see what the powerhouse does and then see which one to go for. Hey MSP you got any idea what apex charges to install the vortech, just curious cause thats where I go too they are the best in the bay. That is just plain awsome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] This summer we need to go to the track after I get a SC/TC!
Old 2/2/06, 03:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 5:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok guys!! Everything went good... I have the dyno sheets, and my scanner is on the fritz.. However, they will email me the run files tomorrow... I do have some videos..
The results are!!

310RWHP

314RWTQ

357HP @ Flywheel

361 Ft. Lbs. @ Flywheel
[/b][/quote]

Holy crap! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 6:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did get alot of distortion on my small camera.. I do apologize!

Here is the First Pull!!

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-Day-Vo...2-S-Trim-10psi

http://media.putfile.com/Vortech-Dyno-Day-2

http://media.putfile.com/Vortech-Dyno-Day-1

Ok guys, the camera cant handle the sound so well... But its all I got! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thing sounds like a jet taking off! That computer screen looks like this: [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] Watch video 1 and you'll see what i mean.
Old 2/2/06, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 5:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Last video for now!! I have more.. Let me get them sorted out...

http://media.putfile.com/V296
Thanks Jimp, and everyone for the kind words!!

DrumStyx, we will be hitting the track together if you live near me!! LOL!!
[/b][/quote]

I say we all meet up at Fazm house and go to the track from there! AZ is kind of in the middle isn't it? I call the couch! LOL!
Old 2/2/06, 03:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 6:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Out of pure respect for JeffreyDJ who I consider a friend.. Please dont take any offense man!!
But do you all believe me now about the M3, Mach1, and 2001 or 2 Cobra?

Also, I am having a problem with the last video... Its not working for some reason... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Well I'll be honest, the story seemed a little far fetched. But after seeing the pics, video and the dyno numbers( [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] ), I believe. I'm sorry I ever doubted you.
Old 2/2/06, 04:26 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 2, 2006, 2:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I'll be honest, the story seemed a little far fetched. But after seeing the pics, video and the dyno numbers( [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] ), I believe. I'm sorry I ever doubted you.
[/b][/quote]

LOL!! No problem Jimp! I would have doubted me to... I'll be glad when i get those run files..

So to sum it up alittle.. The Vortech kit overall places the V6 in a pretty good position with the stock motor.. I mean, beating a GT is not the most important thing.. But its rather how you feel about the car itself.. We are no match for a S/C GT.. As it should be.. But one thing we can feel good about, is we can make enough power to be real proud of our V6's... We only have 6 cylinders compared to a V8, so our pistons and internals have to be that much stronger than its counterpart with 8 cylinders... We can atleast feel good that Ford did not neglect the V6's.... They have done a real fine job... Vortech also must be commended for creating for us an absolutley fabulous product, the very first time around.. They put their heart and soul into this kit, and the Dyno does show the level of dedication of the people walking around at Vortech.. Most power adders typically add an additional 100HP... This particular kit is putting out 147HP and 121TQ.. A far cry from Vortechs advertised specs.. Perhaps Vortech can take some comfort in the under promise, and over deliver approach..

They have definatley hit a homerun for our V6's.. All in all, they made a kit that puts out more than the advertised specs... Noone can knock them for that.. Its actually quite suprising to know that about 25 more RWHP and RWTQ is left on the table.. I really didnt expect that... I guess its just another suprise from Vortech, that they are forcing us to take responsibility for! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 04:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice numbers!

I'd use the SAE corrected numbers if anyone asks you what your making...

Yes, getting it to the ground is the other part...
... you don't want to be a Dyno Queen
Old 2/2/06, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, congrats MSP. This certainly becomes a part of V6 history [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 04:43 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ February 2, 2006, 3:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice numbers!

I'd use the SAE corrected numbers if anyone asks you what your making...

Yes, getting it to the ground is the other part...
... you don't want to be a Dyno Queen
[/b][/quote]

I will use both numbers... Uncorrected and SAE.. I have never seen anyone else showing SAE numbers.. LOL!! I wont be the first to start.. However, being that my SAE numbers are still above 300 on both the HP and TQ, that is saying quite abit..

But you know as well as I Boomer, people blurt out the uncorrected Dyno numbers, and call it good... I'll do the same.. If asked for the corrected SAE, I will gladey remove 7HP and 6TQ..

LOL!! You gotta be kidding me BOOMER! Your really gonna make me remove that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 04:51 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Its 7 RWHP that you'd be removing..not Flywheel
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
So its more than 7 @ the FW

I've personally seen anywhere else...everyone ask for SAE numbers...
because those are the correct numbers. Infact, when someone states their numbers, thats what they use...
..the corrected numbers.

They are still great numbers, but if you feel the need to embellish them, go right ahead [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Next up..what can it do at the track [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

Actually I've been insisting everyone use SAE numbers! I've also been pointing out that you can't count the artificial spike that an automatic will generate when the TC locks up! LOL
Old 2/2/06, 06:11 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 2, 2006, 4:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I say we all meet up at Fazm house and go to the track from there! AZ is kind of in the middle isn't it? I call the couch! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

lets do it!!!

is it ok if i cheat and use the cobra? lol

Quick Reply: MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang