V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/06, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 27, 2006, 5:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Correct. Like i said in the post above.
[/b][/quote]

Opps, my bad BlackLX40. Just wanted to make sure I remember correctly, since I'd like to go to a 150 shot some day. Must be prepared.
Old 2/27/06, 03:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 27, 2006, 5:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Opps, my bad BlackLX40. Just wanted to make sure I remember correctly, since I'd like to go to a 150 shot some day. Must be prepared.
[/b][/quote]

Just stick with street tires and you'll be ok.
Old 2/27/06, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 27, 2006, 5:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

yeah... i'm bad too.. i did get your point before... now I do...

The main thing is we have an automatic.... the automatic by it's nature will absorb some of the shock of the Zex... remember the torque convertor has not locked up so it's still a fluid coupling... and we won't be dumping the clutch... LOL!
Old 2/27/06, 03:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 27, 2006, 5:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yeah... i'm bad too.. i did get your point before... now I do...

The main thing is we have an automatic.... the automatic by it's nature will absorb some of the shock of the Zex... remember the torque convertor has not locked up so it's still a fluid coupling... and we won't be dumping the clutch... LOL!
[/b][/quote]

Hmmm, I think this might need a new thread. I have some more questions on this one.
Old 2/27/06, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 27, 2006, 3:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Hows your kit install going? Everything going good?
[/b][/quote]

Going pretty good. I ran into a few small problems last night, and I was tired anyways.

You can read about the probs and get a few pictures here:

http://american-speed.com/collective/forum...hp?t=110&page=2
Old 2/28/06, 03:12 PM
MSP
Banned

@Moderators

Just curious about why I dont have the ability to run this as my Sig? It takes up less lines then most sigs around here?

I think its subtle in nature, but to the point.. Can you guys assist me in this?
Old 2/28/06, 03:32 PM
I Have Admin Envy

MSP,

Images in signatures are disabled on the forums, it helps keep things easier to read
Old 2/28/06, 04:00 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ February 28, 2006, 2:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP,

Images in signatures are disabled on the forums, it helps keep things easier to read
[/b][/quote]

OK! You can put that one back, because its just a picture.. It does look cleaner... Thanks Galaxie for the prompt response.. Put you can put the pic back.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 04:24 PM
MSP
Banned

Hey Galaxie, just want to let you know my Ford passion started when I was young.. My Grandfather was a Manager for the Ford Plant in Milpitas, Ca. He used to own a Ford Galaxy 500, in which he removed the mufflers.. So everyone on the block knew when my Grandfather got home.. This led to my father asking him to get him a deal on a 67 Mustang GT!

Grandpa used to roll one of these!

http://www.schoenleber.org/galaxy.html

Both the Galaxy 500 and the 67 GT were the same color.. The Aqua Blue.. Which is why I bought the Windveil Blue V6!

Just alittle background.. Not that it matter! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 08:25 PM
MSP
Banned

Just letting you all know that I have installed the 2.62in pulley on the Vortech system, and the car is a monster!!

The car is driven by pure evil now.. 2nd gear wheel chatter @ 40MPH is a way of life for me now before 1/2 throttle..

Anyone ever see the movie HellRaiser? Well remember the monster that had big teeth that chattered? Well thats how my car feels in 2nd gear..

So you understand.. Vortechs stock pulley is 3.25 inches in diameter.. I have installed a 2.62in pulley, replacing the 2.87 I upgraded to previously.. I had to add an additional 2 point of fuel above the 2.87in pulley in the 2-4000RPM range to make it happen...

I only needed to add +1 for the 2.87in pulley, above the stock Vortech tune for the 3.25in pulley.. So in total, thats +3 points of fuel above the stock kit which ships with the Vortech tune..

Right now, my car makes 10PSI of boost by 5000RPM.. The stock Vortech kit made 10psi by 6000RPM.. The 2.87in pulley made 10psi by 5600RPM...

Lets just say, that an 03 or 04 Cobra stock has not a chance in the world to catch me.. The pull on the car is ridiculous.. Just think of the HellRaiser Demon, with the teeth.. Thats what 2nd gear is like @ 40MPH before half throttle..

Also, I can light the tires up in 3rd gear @ 65 to 75MPH on the freeway with a slight mist on the road! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

More precisely, the car makes 10psi of boost @ 4900RPM... I just call it 5000!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I am running 3.31 gears!! HellRaiser!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 08:51 PM
MSP
Banned

I think that Vortech's stock kit in 2.62in pulley trim, is more than they expected it would be.. First off, better buy the 2.62in pullies before they raise the price.. 2nd, better order your Vortech 05V6 kit before I post the dyno.. The price will go up, I'm pretty sure..

It is more than likley, Vortech has under rated the V2 Supercharger for the 05V6 engine.. The car is unreal.. Not sure about you, but I have never driven a car where you can light the tires up in 3rd gear @ 65 to 75MPH... Of course this is with a 7.5 TLOK I had installed on Monday running 3.31 gears.. There was a slight mist on the freeway, with dry patches in spots.. But even with a slight mist, take your GT out and see if the tires will light up on the freeway @ 65 to 75mph in 3rd gear Test it for me please.. Thanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I also have 255 series tires on all four corners..
Old 3/10/06, 09:28 PM
Cam Tease

Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see the ETs.
Old 3/10/06, 10:30 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnotherMustangMan @ March 10, 2006, 8:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see the ETs.
[/b][/quote]

Yes.. I am alittle curious myself on the ET.. I also need to see the dyno...
Old 3/10/06, 11:49 PM
V6 Member

I notice that you keep going to a smaller pulley to get boost to build up faster. Why not have just waited for a roots or twin screw, or just have used the powerhouse turbo. Just curious because this takes away from the characteristics of a centrifugal. I assume that with a 2.62 in pulley, you probably make a max boost of 14 psi, but you don't rev out your engine high enough to get max boost anyways. looking forward to seeing some new dyno numbers and ET's in the future.
Old 3/11/06, 01:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 11, 2006, 1:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I notice that you keep going to a smaller pulley to get boost to build up faster. Why not have just waited for a roots or twin screw, or just have used the powerhouse turbo. Just curious because this takes away from the characteristics of a centrifugal. I assume that with a 2.62 in pulley, you probably make a max boost of 14 psi, but you don't rev out your engine high enough to get max boost anyways. looking forward to seeing some new dyno numbers and ET's in the future.
[/b][/quote]

Because he got the Vortech for free.
Old 3/11/06, 02:21 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 10, 2006, 10:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Yes I was just testing things out.. The Supercharger performs pretty good on our cars, and my research has been satisfied.. I have decided to put the 3.25in pulley on the car, and run with that as a daily driver setup using what is available in the way of gas.. Which is 91 Octane.. I have learned alot by doing these pulley swaps.. Indeed I have a true attack plan for the drag strips when I go eventually, and have access to some race gas..

I will run the car at 300RWHP.. Of course I'll tweak the tune for roughly about 320RWHP, since I have learned how to manipulate the tuner.. I like the 10psi attained on the stock pulley for daily use.. I just dont trust the pump gas that much.. But I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from testing.. Also, with the 2.62in pulley, you make 10psi by 5000rpm.. The lower RPM range below 3500rpm stays the same for all the pulleys.. Boost does not kick in until 3500RPM no matter what..

The success of the 2.62 pulley, and the power available to me, is quite humbling.. I know the car can do it.. I know the Supercharger is able to provide it.. Since I know its there whenever I choose, I have humbly decided to put the 3.25in pulley back on, saving my other 2 pulleys for more challenging situations..

Can you believe it? I have been humbled by the power, and have chosen a path which seems to be a path of true enlightenment.. WOW!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 11, 2006, 12:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Because he got the Vortech for free.
[/b][/quote]

But had to give up my car for a month, and pay for a loaner car.. So not at all that free in my opinion.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 08:50 AM

Speaking of the track man, when are you gonna get the beast to the track and open a can-0-whip-hiney on some 8's and imports?????
Old 3/11/06, 01:19 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 11, 2006, 7:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Speaking of the track man, when are you gonna get the beast to the track and open a can-0-whip-hiney on some 8's and imports?????
[/b][/quote]

In due time my man.. LOL! I just put the 3.25 pulley back on.. I really like the stock Vortech tune.. Now that I know what this baby can really do, I find comfort in the 3.25in pulley... All my testing is complete now..

300RWHP as a daily driver is more suitable than the 2.62in pulley.. Thats pulley makes the car a monster.. I dont need it like that on a daily basis.. Thats a track pulley, for Cobra's and GT's on Nitrous! LOL!
Old 3/11/06, 01:48 PM
MSP
Banned

I understand why Powerhouse sets up the Turbo kit to around 300RWHP now.. You cant really enjoy the car wanting to eat everything in site now.. His 7PSI kit makes alot more sense now to me.. 9PSI is also nice.. The 12psi kit would be way too much for the street..

I enjoyed the car having that much power.. In 4th gear on the freeway, the car still pulled pretty hard from 75mph..

Like I said, I have had my thirst for power quenched last night.. I know its there, now I can think more reasonable about the longterm..

LOL!! Its amazing what spinning the tires on the freeway at 65-75mph in 3rd gear will do to your perspective.. I have come back down to earth everyone.. I'm sane again.. Thanks for tolerating me for the past few months.. I have learned to respect the 05V6 in a state of tame.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm kool now!!
Old 3/11/06, 03:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 11, 2006, 3:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I understand why Powerhouse sets up the Turbo kit to around 300RWHP now.. You cant really enjoy the car wanting to eat everything in site now.. His 7PSI kit makes alot more sense now to me.. 9PSI is also nice.. The 12psi kit would be way too much for the street..

I enjoyed the car having that much power.. In 4th gear on the freeway, the car still pulled pretty hard from 75mph..

Like I said, I have had my thirst for power quenched last night.. I know its there, now I can think more reasonable about the longterm..

LOL!! Its amazing what spinning the tires on the freeway at 65-75mph in 3rd gear will do to your perspective.. I have come back down to earth everyone.. I'm sane again.. Thanks for tolerating me for the past few months.. I have learned to respect the 05V6 in a state of tame.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm kool now!!
[/b][/quote]

The nice thing about the turbo is how much power it makes throughout the rpm range. Even at only 8PSI.

Quick Reply: MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang