GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGW short throw shifter !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 02:34 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Martimus
I know this shifter will have significant adjustibility but this does bring up a question in my mind. Can this shifter be adjusted so that the length of the shifts are similar to that of the stock shifter? I'm one of those poor schmoe's who actually LIKES the feel of the OEM shifter.

i was actually messing around with all the possible ranges of the shifter and if you put the **** height up a bit higher than stock and set the lower adjustment of our shifter to the LONGEST throw setting than you can get really close to the stock throw. NOT quite that long but close. i think once you set the throw and feel how easy our shifter is to use you will actually start adjusting it shorter and shoter ....and shorter

regards
george
Old 2/22/07, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MGW
i was actually messing around with all the possible ranges of the shifter and if you put the **** height up a bit higher than stock and set the lower adjustment of our shifter to the LONGEST throw setting than you can get really close to the stock throw. NOT quite that long but close. i think once you set the throw and feel how easy our shifter is to use you will actually start adjusting it shorter and shoter ....and shorter

regards
george
George...when will you post pics of the shifter / handle / **** ?
Old 2/22/07, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
I think its worth spending a little more on somehting you will use and feel the quality in for a long time. Me I plan on having the car for 10 years as a DD, so this is important to me.
15% off is great!
Exactly, that is the way I feel. I want to change out this one time. I really like the adjustability of this shifter. From what George has described this is going to be a high quality shifter, above everybody else's.
Old 2/22/07, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

I know this shifter will have significant adjustibility but this does bring up a question in my mind. Can this shifter be adjusted so that the length of the shifts are similar to that of the stock shifter? I'm one of those poor schmoe's who actually LIKES the feel of the OEM shifter.
Let me get this straight... You want to spend 300 bucks to change out an item that you like?
Old 2/22/07, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pville piper
Let me get this straight... You want to spend 300 bucks to change out an item that you like?
Ah... nope! Thats not quite right. I asked a question about a shifter that I might consider purchasing at some point in the future to replace an item with a comfortable throw from 1st to 2nd... and 3rd to 4th; but a less than optimal feel when moving from 2nd to 3rd... and 4th to 5th.
Old 2/23/07, 08:15 AM
Cobra Member

Ah... nope! Thats not quite right.
That makes sense.
Old 2/24/07, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am going to have to catch some of this action as well. Count me in George. I will call on Monday (assuming you are not dealing with this on the weekend).
Old 2/25/07, 09:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MGW
we have finalized the shifter design and are now doing a first production run of the cnc components. Also we have ordered all the molds for the rubber boots and flanges etc. they should be ready late feb.

i know this has been a long delay but we actually have a contract with homeland security that basically tied our hands last year for any new development. the shifter was also delayed because of a MAJOR feature on this shifter that needed patent protection.

we have contacted our patent firm and are in the process of applying for a utlity patent on this feature. i will disclose it mid feb when we have all of our bases covered. the shifter will be the first of its type that i know of on any car. a very unique featuree that will hopefully appeal to many different customers.

hang in there we are getting VERY close

regards
george
George most of us old timers know not to hold our breath and wait on you. If I had I would have surely died before you delivered the control *****.
I know that Mustangs is not your primary business. I am happy with my AT LAST control *****. Top quality. I just wish you would keep quiet about your products until you can deliver. I hope your product measures up to the number one PRO out there now.
Old 2/25/07, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Wow, talk about a flame . At least he informed us that something is in the works. For some, it is well worth the wait.

BTW, which "control *****" are you talking about, because I believe the A/C ***** have been out for a long awhile, as has been the radio ****.
Old 2/26/07, 06:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Got mine 'ordered'. Though they didn't ask if I wanted stock **** or aftermarket. Any update on the concept's shift ****, and does anyone have a pic?
Old 2/26/07, 07:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Brad- when/if you get yours, send me a PM on how it compares to the Pro50.

Thanks!
Old 2/26/07, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Spoke with George bright and early this AM. He said that they would be making the phone calls for the actual orders in about a week. Get your credit card warmed up and paid up.
Old 2/26/07, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
Spoke with George bright and early this AM. He said that they would be making the phone calls for the actual orders in about a week. Get your credit card warmed up and paid up.
Crap, Ill be in Lake Tahoe skiing. Well at least I gave them my cell. Just need to remember to carry my wallet on the mountain.
Old 2/26/07, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281

Thanks!

Pretty sure Brad has/had a Hurst. At least I see he has one for sale.
Old 2/26/07, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Pretty sure Brad has/had a Hurst. At least I see he has one for sale.
Hi Rich! Yep, he has/had a Hurst but now he's running a Pro50- or atleast that's the last that I've heard.

P.S. Rich- I bought another mod today.......
Old 2/27/07, 02:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to post a public thanks to George for corresponding via email with me (still stuck in Iraq) about me getting on the list for one of these.

I'll keep checking in on this thread, and George - just shoot me an email once you want payment. I'll do it via the internet.

It'd be great for the shifter to be sitting in my den when I get home at the end of March.

So again - thanks George - great service as always.
Old 2/27/07, 05:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281

Thanks!
You bet, I'll post up a full comparison as well.

Yes, this will be my fourth, Hurts, Pro 5.0, stock, now this one. Still in my search for the perfect shifter.

The Pro 5.0 has too much NVH, and now it started squeaking putting into 5th or reverse, and the ball sounds like it's about to vibrate off the top, and the it's rubbing on the underside of the car and sqeaking, and it transmits a lot more gear noise into the cabin, and it has a much longer throw than the Hurst, etc. It doesn't lock me out of 3rd though, and it's not as notchy feeling as the Hurst, which is why I got it.

Speaking of NVH, George, how is it on your new shifter?
Old 2/27/07, 05:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
You bet, I'll post up a full comparison as well.

Yes, this will be my fourth, Hurts, Pro 5.0, stock, now this one. Still in my search for the perfect shifter.

The Pro 5.0 has too much NVH, and now it started squeaking putting into 5th or reverse, and the ball sounds like it's about to vibrate off the top, and the it's rubbing on the underside of the car and sqeaking, and it transmits a lot more gear noise into the cabin, and it has a much longer throw than the Hurst, etc. It doesn't lock me out of 3rd though, and it's not as notchy feeling as the Hurst, which is why I got it.

Speaking of NVH, George, how is it on your new shifter?
Man, too bad about your current shifter. Other than the longer throw than the Saleen adaptor I had, I've had no issues with mine. Good luck Brad.
Old 2/27/07, 06:13 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

i do not hear much of any noise over the stocker to be honest. i did get a LOT of rattling with the little hurst white ball and found out after ****ing around with it for an hour that the noise was actually inside the ball itself. the brass threded insert actually is loose in the ball and was causing the rattling sound. i switched ***** and it all went away. also, these cars seem to have a VERY loud tranny chatter in 4th when in lower rpms like when the engine is lugging a bit. i had it in both of our gt's STOCK so i know it is not s shifter issue BUT i am working on even getting that to a very minimal level.

i will be posting pics of the finished prodcution shifters next week, possibly this week if i get the last 2 pieces back from the anodizers.

regards
george
Old 2/27/07, 09:29 AM
GT Member

Subscribing.......can't wait as I'm still shifting long throw style

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!