GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGW short throw shifter !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/07, 12:59 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freebass55
George, I don't think it came out like he meant. But we can help, as long as the product is as good as we hope. Just keep us posted.

i hear you i was just making sure not to mislead anybody on this thread. i at this point have no clear idea how much this shifter is going to cost . i still have several molded parts that are not even done yet. i cannot quote a price for a group buy or even speculate yet what cost is going to be. also, this is going to be a great shifter but it also may not be for EVERYBODY out there so i do not want anyone that has already bought a quality shifter to feel as though mine is going to just blow it out of the water and make theirs a piece of junk. not gonna happen. we are alte in the game and as a result have lost alot of potential sales. but i think we will be more than satisfied with the volume that we sell.

as soon as i get a good idea i will surely post it and we can get a list going.

regards
george
Old 1/31/07, 01:20 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MGW
this shifter will have the factory threads on it. you can also opt for the older threads that were also 12mm but the coarser pitch.
GREAT - I just put a new ROUSH shift **** on and would like to stick with it
Old 1/31/07, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

You can count me in too, I have been waiting to swap my stock one out.
Old 1/31/07, 02:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Will the new shifter cause "disfigurement" of the shift boot. I know on the SN95 that it did, and looking at your videos, it seems to be a little "conformed" to the shifter.

The SN95 probably wouldn't have been as bad for me, except for the fact that I originally had a tri-ax, so the shifter had already molded itself to the angle of that shifter.
Old 1/31/07, 04:41 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Will the new shifter cause "disfigurement" of the shift boot. I know on the SN95 that it did, and looking at your videos, it seems to be a little "conformed" to the shifter.

The SN95 probably wouldn't have been as bad for me, except for the fact that I originally had a tri-ax, so the shifter had already molded itself to the angle of that shifter.

due to the fact that our adjustable handle angled back so far it did put kind of a hump on the older model but i actually changed the center shaft middle of last year when we came out with the new orange handle which lowered the backside making the hump almost non existent. on this new shifter i do not have the final height on the shifter in the prototype which will actually be about a 1/2" higher. this is why it crumples the boot a little.

regards
george
Old 1/31/07, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

OK George, How come your not using one of your own Gripper shift ***** in the video.I have one on my 05 GT and like the feel of the round ball in palm of my hand. Yah OK I known what everybody is thinking Ball-Hand
Old 1/31/07, 04:59 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zoomerman46
OK George, How come your not using one of your own Gripper shift ***** in the video.I have one on my 05 GT and like the feel of the round ball in palm of my hand. Yah OK I known what everybody is thinking Ball-Hand

i DEFINITELY prefer my own gripper **** over the "bald head phalic" factory **** but in reality i needed to make sure this design works seamlessly with the stock look and setup since alot of people are very particular about keeping it stock looking . i will be putting either a gripper or our NEW design secret **** on soon

regards
george
Old 1/31/07, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

My 05 is just screamin to get rid of the Saleen shift block. Count me in on this as well. I can just see this shifter with the gripper **** on it....awesome!!

I know it was asked earlier, and I assume so, but it does have stops, correct??

Thanks George,
Mike
Old 1/31/07, 07:20 PM
V6 Member

George, count me in too! I've been waiting to change the stock shifter and this is exactly what I need!

Rick
Old 1/31/07, 07:56 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Got Oatz
My 05 is just screamin to get rid of the Saleen shift block. Count me in on this as well. I can just see this shifter with the gripper **** on it....awesome!!

I know it was asked earlier, and I assume so, but it does have stops, correct??

Thanks George,
Mike

i will be puuting stops in this shifter but i have to say i was VERY reluctant to do so. the internal stops in the tremec 3650 are very strong and the external stops are really just looking for trouble. BUT, knowing that some cusotmers will not buy without them will make it a neccessary feature.

george
Old 1/31/07, 09:00 PM
GT Member

George count me in. Could you send out emails or PMs to the first 25 on here for your Beta group? Thanks I have waited along time for this.
Old 1/31/07, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

i will be puuting stops in this shifter but i have to say i was VERY reluctant to do so. the internal stops in the tremec 3650 are very strong and the external stops are really just looking for trouble. BUT, knowing that some cusotmers will not buy without them will make it a neccessary feature.
George,
Thanks for the response. Stops would not be a deal breaker for me, but could you expand on this a bit? Understood about the internal stops, but why are the externals looking for trouble?

Thx again,
Mike
Old 1/31/07, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

George,
Understood about the internal stops, but why are the externals looking for trouble?
I understand that the tranny has built in stops, but most people prefer to break a stop in a shifter, because it is esier to change out a shifter than a transmission.

George, what's your take?
Old 2/1/07, 12:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im in, when you need the $$ just let me know, then I can get the rest of teh parts Ive been eyeing
Old 2/1/07, 02:46 AM
V6 Member

hey george, when are you going to show us a picture of the shifter? just one teaser pic,,,,PLEAAASE!!!!!!!!
Old 2/1/07, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05HOTROD
hey george, when are you going to show us a picture of the shifter? just one teaser pic,,,,PLEAAASE!!!!!!!!
Go through the thread, or to MGW's website. He already has videos up.
Old 2/1/07, 06:21 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

George,
Thanks for the response. Stops would not be a deal breaker for me, but could you expand on this a bit? Understood about the internal stops, but why are the externals looking for trouble?

Thx again,
Mike

external stops are exactly what they are EXTERNAL. they can be adjusted wrong or simply prone to vibrate loose over time. we have talked with the Tremec engineers for hours over this issue. they have told us that they see MANY more issues with the 3650 and T56 trannies being damaged due to improperly set external stops. what happens is the shifter does not go fully into gear due to it hitting the stop. then under full throttle it pops of of gear while spinning very fast. BOOMM!!! there go the ends of your gear teeth. this is called an UNDERSHIFT situation and according to tremec occurs MUCH more frequently than an overshift which bends forks.

if it were my car i would NOT put them in.

regards
george
Old 2/1/07, 06:39 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Here's one more interested person

When its time to set up the group buy, I can set up a sticky thread for you. Just say when
Old 2/1/07, 06:51 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Galaxie
Here's one more interested person

When its time to set up the group buy, I can set up a sticky thread for you. Just say when

good deal!!!!!!!!!!

regards
george
Old 2/1/07, 07:09 AM
Cobra Member

I'm up for this as well!

-danny

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!