GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGW short throw shifter !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/07, 02:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't wait to hear how you guys like this shifter! Haven't seen any posted prices but unless this shifter is better than sex I'm keeping my Pro 5.0~
Old 3/12/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
George, do you guys keep info on file? I am a previous customer... as of now my name is only "on the list" when I called, she didn't ask for anything else but I guess I can call back tomorrow if need-be
Old 3/14/07, 03:27 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my sales staff will be contacting everyone that is on the list.

we now have all but 2 rubber pieces in stock and i am already assembling the first batch of shifters. it looks like it may be late next week for shipping because i changed the design on one molded piece and it is delayed just a bit. but the shifters are looking VERY nice. we have actually included a few surprise features also that really complete this package.

regards
george
Old 3/14/07, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great! I'll look forward to the call.
Old 3/14/07, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MGW
my sales staff will be contacting everyone that is on the list.

we now have all but 2 rubber pieces in stock and i am already assembling the first batch of shifters. it looks like it may be late next week for shipping because i changed the design on one molded piece and it is delayed just a bit. but the shifters are looking VERY nice. we have actually included a few surprise features also that really complete this package.

regards
george
Has the price gone down since last time we spoke?

-Mike
Old 3/14/07, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Has the price gone down since last time we spoke?

-Mike

Haha, wishful thinking.

Do we need to let you know which **** we will be wanting/using?
Id like to keep the stock one, I think.
Old 3/14/07, 06:35 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

You know its funny that i have been so worried about a target price for so long that i was beginning to lose the focus of my business as a principle again. i am making this shifter the complete deal. it will actually be more than just a shifter it will be a whole new shifter package. i have an odd feeling that the shifter may end up close to 350 dollars retail by the time i am done but guess what it will be worht every penny. here are just SOME of the feuatrues included in the kit....

- ability to adjust throw of shifter

- ability to adjust height of shift ****.

- ability to adjust rotational position of ****.

- complete dynamat pad and extreme heat shields

- custom upper and lower boots stainelss clamps.

- COMPLETEY machined all billet construction. EVERY piece hard coated that is alumiunum.

- versatility of handle swap out to use a wide variety of ***** and thread sizes.

- 100 percent complete replacment shifter. no reusing stock pieces to mount the shifter.

- combination of both free motion linkage to eliminate binding when moving left to right AND heavy return springs to pop into the center gate for both 2-3 upshifts and fast 5-4 downshifts.

- unique centerline support rod design virutally eliminates 3rd wot lock out dilema.

- front support arm WILL have 2 stainless steel flanges on BOTH ends of the rubber mount.

- rear support bracket has rubber isolator pad to eliminate squeaking.

you guys are basically gonna crap when you see this thing :>)

george
Old 3/14/07, 06:37 PM
Cobra R Member

That changes the story a little now.
Old 3/14/07, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just making me more and more anxious!
LCA's and panhard going in this next week, summer wheels/tires after that, then after that shifter!??!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 3/14/07, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds so cool I might do my taxes earlier than usual this year. I'm actually expecting a return, for a change
Old 3/15/07, 06:20 PM

Yeah my name got on the reserve list.

Haven't gotten a call, so I am guessing I am missing the group discount.

Looks like I need to save up
Old 3/15/07, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silverjay57
Yeah my name got on the reserve list.

Haven't gotten a call, so I am guessing I am missing the group discount.

Looks like I need to save up
I haven't seen anyone post that they got a call, yet. I haven't got one.
Old 3/15/07, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

No call here. He said in the next few days, so no worries.
Old 3/15/07, 06:48 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

guys, i do not want any confusion or frustration on this since this is our project to come together and test this first run and provide vital feedback.

EVERYONE has has called and gotten on our list OR emailed me and gotten a response WILL be included in the first batch.

the shifters are not shippping until i get the last few items in which i have no control over. one of the components is actually a custom sound kit by a VERY well known oem supplier.

believe me you guys will know when the orders start shipping out. i am going broke over here

regards
george
Old 3/15/07, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, I got a call from an unfamiliar zip code and started freakin out for a minute.
Old 3/15/07, 07:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Yeah, I got a call from an unfamiliar zip code and started freakin out for a minute.
I'd be freaking out too if I got a call from an unfamiliar ZIP code
Old 3/15/07, 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I'd be freaking out too if I got a call from an unfamiliar ZIP code
hahaha, ok, I meant Area code.
Old 3/16/07, 12:13 PM

George,

Will we be asked what thread size at the time we are called for billing and shipment confirmation? I have seen notes stating various sizes will be available, but haven't seen a list. Will thread size 3/8-16 (Hurst "T" w/button) be one of those available?

I will proudly tell everyone the shifter is an MGW, but I want the Hurst nostalgia look in keeping with the effort Ford made to reintroduce "Old School" mustang looks with new technology performance.

Your shifter with the Hurst "T" handle will do that nicely while eliminating the POS Ford design that must've been approved by a GM spy or someone coming off a bender! I know everyone has been impatient, but it looks like its going to be well worth the wait. Do you still suggest "not" using the shifter stops in favor of relying on the internal transmission stops?
Old 3/16/07, 12:35 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

yes we will be asking which you need. we will offer both the m12x1.25 and the 3/18-16 threads.

concerning the stops i am still on the fence. on the OLDER cars i am still saying do NOT use the stops on the 3650 and the t56 trannies. the internal stops are more than adequate.

BUT...

the new linakge design on the 2005-2009 mustang has a flaw. the linakge arm that connects the shifter to the transmission is a weak link. there is a small pin and shaft on both ends that if given enough force i think could break. i actually believe several people have actually broken them already. so the shift stops may help in preventing the actual linkage arm from snapping which is not related to the internal forks of the tranny.

would i put them in? probably not. i do not force my car into gear even when hard shifting. if i miss a shift i let it go and start again. most bent forks and breakages occur when the driver misses the gate and decides to just keep pulling anyway. or they basically pull like they want to rip the **** and throw it out the back window and are relying on the physical stop of the tranny to tell them when they are in gear. you really need to get used to where and how far to push or pull on any manual transmission and not pull so hard. there is a BIG difference between being fast and easy and fast and HARD.

regards
george
Old 3/16/07, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know what the thread size is on the Hurst "white" ball shifter?

I have tried calling & emailing Hurst but to no avail. Want to make sure I have all my info for when I get the "call".

Thanks

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!