GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGW short throw shifter !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/07, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George

Nice commentary to others and mine. I think some still do not appreciate yet that the shift gate mechanism is inside the tranny, so nothing magical is going to happen to the shift pattern between 2nd and 3rd no matter what shifter you select. I can see where the change in lever ratio (or mechanical advantage) will change the feel and the perceived slop in the gate. The shorter the shift, the more the effort and the tighter the relative feel of the gate. The gate performance however remains as, it is what it is.
Old 2/3/07, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Count me in too! Can't wait...
Old 2/3/07, 06:16 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pville piper
Hi George,
I have noticed the notchiness in the stock shifter although it is very well masked. You bring up some very good points and I am impressed enough that I think I will wait to see what you bring out. What is the time frame and price range that you are looking at? And does the shifter have any kind of assist to reduce missed third gear shifts? One of my biggest beefs with the Hurst aside from the notchiness is that it got “lost†just like the stock shifter when moving from 5th to 3rd. This is very frustrating when you try to quickly down shift when attempting to pass a car. Often, it is very hard to find a gear when this happens and you search around until you finally get the shifter back into 5th about which time you can no longer pass as you have lost too much momentum.
I noticed you are over in Augusta, GA. I would love to drive over and check out the shifter when it is ready. Do you think I could test drive it in your test car?
Thanks,
John
yes the problem with the hurst and the stock is like i posted, there is no cetnering spring in the shifter itself. our shifter will have VERY beefy centering springs so it will pop into the 3-4 center gate very positively. i have literally done 50-100 speed shifts at redline from 2nd to 3rd and have not missed once. also running from 5th down to 4th has been just a pull back and your in!!!

i welcome anybody to come visit our shop and take the test car for a terst drive. just call ahead and make sure i am in.

regards
george
Old 2/4/07, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Any word on when we might be able to get a few early "beta" ones out the door?
Old 2/5/07, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Well George, you are a heck of a good salesman cause I just passed up a great deal on a new Tri-Axe to wait in line for yours. I believe that you addressed most of the short comings with the other shifters and don't seem to be bringing any new ones to the table. I will give you the money as soon as you put them up for sale. I don't even mind doing some R&D or Beta testing if you need some one to do that.
Old 2/9/07, 08:38 AM
GT Member

What about this stock shift ****?

Is the updated shift **** in the 2007 GT Premier Trim Package a different shifter or just a different ****?

And, will this PTP **** and boot also work with your MGW shifter? I'd like to retain the stock look. Didn't think I needed a new shifter but after reading these threads I'm thinking of getting one too!
Attached Thumbnails MGW short throw shifter !!!!-shifter.jpg  
Old 2/9/07, 09:19 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MrLatte
Is the updated shift **** in the 2007 GT Premier Trim Package a different shifter or just a different ****?

And, will this PTP **** and boot also work with your MGW shifter? I'd like to retain the stock look. Didn't think I needed a new shifter but after reading these threads I'm thinking of getting one too!

yes you can use the stock **** from all years and packages.

BUT i think you will like the **** options we will be offering.

regards
george
Old 2/13/07, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll take one too! Count me in!
Old 2/13/07, 03:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Man this thread keeps going and going, lol mgw makes some awesome stuff george. Still in line hoping youll do something with the auto shifter or at least ***** someday, anyway this shifter really sounds like it is going to be sweet for the manuals.
Old 2/13/07, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

I'm getting impatient george,,,,,any new reviews or any pics of the actual shifter?? I know your waiting for the patent to be complete, but the new model mustang is going to come out soon and I would like to get this shifter before I sell my car for the new body style.....j/k LOL............
Old 2/16/07, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm in when available!
Old 2/17/07, 07:22 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

sorry for not posting sooner guys. here is an update...

shifters are in full production. i will be making an initial run of 100 units solely for the mustang source group buy. i am still not sure of pricing but i will let you guys know as soon as i do. i will be taking orders starting next week for the first 100 units to be part of the group buy. you can just call it in at 706-793-1770. obviously there will be more shifters made but to get in on the first run and take advantage of the run run special price you need to get on board asap. once i make the first run i will probably halt production for about 406 weeks while we gather test data from the first run users. if any issues arise they will be promptly rectified prior to any further production. i do not plan on any problems but you just never know.

i will also be posting some actual pics of the shifter as early as late next week.

regards
george
Old 2/17/07, 11:28 PM
Cobra Member

Next week, cool. Thanks George.
Old 2/18/07, 01:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MGW

shifters are in full production. i will be making an initial run of 100 units solely for the mustang source group buy. i am still not sure of pricing but i will let you guys know as soon as i do. i will be taking orders starting next week for the first 100 units to be part of the group buy. you can just call it in at 706-793-1770. obviously there will be more shifters made but to get in on the first run and take advantage of the run run special price you need to get on board asap. once i make the first run i will probably halt production for about 406 weeks while we gather test data from the first run users. if any issues arise they will be promptly rectified prior to any further production. i do not plan on any problems but you just never know.

i will also be posting some actual pics of the shifter as early as late next week.

regards
george
Please tell me this was supposed to be 4 or 6 weeks. I don't know if I can wait 406 weeks.
Old 2/18/07, 01:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MGW

regards
george
George
I tried to PM - but can't. I also can't call to be one of the first 100 - I'm in Iraq. Can you put me down for one of them? I'll be back in Tampa next month, but will pay over the net once confirmed. I've been following this thread when I can, but only log on about twice a week. thanks.

Keith
Old 2/18/07, 01:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by afcop13
George
I tried to PM - but can't. I also can't call to be one of the first 100 - I'm in Iraq. Can you put me down for one of them? I'll be back in Tampa next month, but will pay over the net once confirmed. I've been following this thread when I can, but only log on about twice a week. thanks.

Keith
Hell, you should get the first one!!!!
Old 2/18/07, 06:10 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
+1
Old 2/18/07, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MGW

regards
george
George,
I'm in. I'll call Monday. I assume you will have the GB pricing ready by then?
Old 2/18/07, 07:45 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Please tell me this was supposed to be 4 or 6 weeks. I don't know if I can wait 406 weeks.

yes 4 to 6 weeks

also, i will get a list together and keep an eye on this thread . if anybody cannot call it in just send me an email. i will not have pricing until probably late next week anyway.

regards
george
Old 2/18/07, 05:08 PM
V6 Member

I will be calling tomorrow to place my order then

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!