Search this Thread

Old 2/21/07, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
"Pre"-Ordered!
Old 2/21/07, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on the list ... I JUST called...gave my info ... asked what # I was and she said its not even over 50 yet ...so there is still room for more!
Old 2/21/07, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George,
Are you going to wait until you get 100 names? If so, do you mind if we post about this offer on other forums?

Frank
Old 2/21/07, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

If anything I would post a link to this thread. When I called Julie knew I was from TMS on the group buy.
But yeah, see what George says.
Old 2/21/07, 03:04 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

okay guys got some bad news and maybe some good news.

bad news.. i have added up all the parts and costs of rubber boots, plating, materials etc etc and this shifter is definitely going to be the top end shifter on the market. retail price right now is looking to be about 325

i just am using the best materials on the market along with the most precise machining AND the most comfort and performance features of any shifter . i truly thought that because we sell direct only that we would still be at or under the competition but it is a bit more.

now the good news.i am going to take 15 percent off the price for the group buy guys here but i really do not need the 100 people. i would actually prefer to NOT lose money on all 100 at this point but i will honor what i had said i would do.

what i am planning to do is start calling people when the shifters are ready to go. i am not going to wait for 100 people to sign up and i would actually rather you guys NOT post this around too many places because i do not want people just buying the shifter cheap and not participating in the feedback threads. even after we start selling them if we have not reached 100 people than more mustang source members are more than welcome to jump on the group buy until it reaches 100.

regards
george
Old 2/21/07, 03:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think its worth spending a little more on somehting you will use and feel the quality in for a long time. Me I plan on having the car for 10 years as a DD, so this is important to me.
15% off is great!
Old 2/21/07, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

No Problem George. I'll be standing by the phone.
If I were you, I'd set a cutoff date. That way you don't have to sell discounted shifters once the word gets out how good it is!

Is the handle in your video the "New" one you eluded to earlier in this thread, or is there something else on the horizon?
Old 2/21/07, 04:01 PM
V6 Member

Same here ...
Old 2/21/07, 04:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
If I were you, I'd set a cutoff date. That way you don't have to sell discounted shifters once the word gets out how good it is!
I agree: most pre-orders have a cut-off date, which is usually when the product is actually released (hence the name pre-order).

Now that pricing is "released", I would recommend making the cut-off date the date that the shifter is going to be sent to all the testers.

That way, you have your set group of beta testers, and won't have people calling 2 weeks later to try becoming a "tester", especially since we will all be posting about how great it is by then.

The question is: do you want to make this a "special buy" for the first 100 people, or do you want to make this a special buy for the original group of beta testers (however many that may be upon release, up to 100 obviously). And, that is a question that only you as a business owner can answer.
Old 2/21/07, 04:35 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

my main reason for doing this is exactly for the reasons you guys stated. to have beta testers. i however did commit to 100 people so that really is the right hting to do. i will though setup a dealine once the hsifters are ready. i think it will hit 100 soon anyway so it should not be an issue.

as far as the handle or **** is concerned we are actually working on reproducing the concept car's shift **** design as well

regards
george
Old 2/21/07, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm still in George. I look forward to your call.

Mark
Old 2/21/07, 05:15 PM
GT Member

I said it a few pages ago, but count me in! I tried to call today but didn't get an answer, i'll try again tomorrow.

Quick question for MGW: Does the new shifter present some solution for the OEM shift boot, i.e. will there be some sort of retainer for the rubber grommet that holds the stock shift boot flush against the stock shift ball?

Also, you mentioned a new shift ****...can you provide any more info? you said something about it being like in the concept car. Pics? eta?
Old 2/22/07, 05:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
If you're knocking off 15% , that'll put it about the same price as the Steeda Tri-Ax. So ...
Old 2/22/07, 06:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this shifter will have significant adjustibility but this does bring up a question in my mind. Can this shifter be adjusted so that the length of the shifts are similar to that of the stock shifter? I'm one of those poor schmoe's who actually LIKES the feel of the OEM shifter.
Old 2/22/07, 06:14 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Anonimac
I said it a few pages ago, but count me in! I tried to call today but didn't get an answer, i'll try again tomorrow.

Quick question for MGW: Does the new shifter present some solution for the OEM shift boot, i.e. will there be some sort of retainer for the rubber grommet that holds the stock shift boot flush against the stock shift ball?

Also, you mentioned a new shift ****...can you provide any more info? you said something about it being like in the concept car. Pics? eta?

not sure what you mean by this as the stock **** has a retainer built into it and therefor does not need a grommet. but if you are referring to other aftermarket ***** that do not have a retainer built into the **** then yes our secoind style handle has a rubber piece and shoulder to hold up the boot.

regards
george
Old 2/22/07, 06:52 AM
Cobra R Member

George, is your kit going to include all new bushings, or are they going to have to be transferred from the factory shifter (for example, the metal sleeve bushings on the arm and the plastic bushings on the shifter stalk)?
Old 2/22/07, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

$325 sounds good to me. I was kinda expecting it to be a little more. Different shift *****...
Old 2/22/07, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Called and left a message George...I'd be glad to give you some feedback and compare your shifter to the Hurst I have installed already....I was about to buy the Pro 5.0, but I've seen and purchased a lot of your stuff and I know the shifter will be first class....

hags1
Old 2/22/07, 01:01 PM
GT Member

Put my name on the list yesterday. Can't wait to hear from you.
Old 2/22/07, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I just put my name on the list. I am looking forward to installing it on my GT. Based on the other items I have from MGW, I know this shifter will be top notch!

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!