GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT Intake Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/05, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by HOTLAP+March 20, 2005, 1:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTLAP @ March 20, 2005, 1:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2005RedGT@March 19, 2005, 10:28 AM
HOTLAP, and CEL's at all ?

-Bryan

Bryan - just one CEL episode when I installed the Steeda UD pullies.....I had taken off the CAI for access though and perhaps that's how I tripped it? All runs fine and I fixed it by disconnecting the batt for a while....hasn't come back in a couple of weeks so - I'm assuming everything is OK with it.

Thanks for your reseach/fix of the MAF mounting - I'm going to check out your web site now.
[/b][/quote]
I too am concerned with your fix. I would feel better if you used the supplied inserts and try the back and forth tighten method.
It's up to you, but please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Jay
Old 3/20/05, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tucker@March 20, 2005, 3:09 PM
. . .
Jay
Well, you might have tried doing at least a minimally effective job with the R & D on your magic tube before you released it to a bunch of trusting consumers. That way they wouldn't have to be doing these backyard fixes . . . but hey, that's just my opinion . . .

The Boss Hog
Old 3/20/05, 03:39 PM
V6 Member

Jeez Boss, everytime you post about JLT you attack. Here are a bunch of guys trying to help each other then you come along. Remember what our mothers told us. . . if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
Old 3/20/05, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Tucker+March 20, 2005, 1:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ March 20, 2005, 1:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by HOTLAP@March 20, 2005, 1:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-2005RedGT
@March 19, 2005, 10:28 AM
HOTLAP, and CEL's at all ?

-Bryan

Bryan - just one CEL episode when I installed the Steeda UD pullies.....I had taken off the CAI for access though and perhaps that's how I tripped it? All runs fine and I fixed it by disconnecting the batt for a while....hasn't come back in a couple of weeks so - I'm assuming everything is OK with it.

Thanks for your reseach/fix of the MAF mounting - I'm going to check out your web site now.
I too am concerned with your fix. I would feel better if you used the supplied inserts and try the back and forth tighten method.
Jay
[/b][/quote]

Jay - thanks for the follow-up - I'm going to turn the bolts around (so the head is on the inside) and use thread locker with a lock nut - will be fine and - really it's just as a precaution - as I checked the bolts today and they are plenty tight

Boss - please stop grinding your axe on Jay - we all get it that you know and like the CCL product and the guy making it (and I respect that) but please have some respect for those of us who chose and are standing by the JLT product...your attacks are getting quite long of tooth - no matter how you rationalize it or justify it - just stop.....thanks....
Old 3/20/05, 04:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by RDSox04@March 20, 2005, 4:42 PM
Jeez Boss, everytime you post about JLT you attack. Here are a bunch of guys trying to help each other then you come along. Remember what our mothers told us. . . if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
Boss isn't trying to get in the way of the guy's that are trying to find a fix for thier system's. I believe he is addressing Jay the inventor of the magic tube in question, with a very valid point. If I'm not mistaken Jay is the one who signed up here to sell his pruduct. He has gone to great lenghth's to invade everyone's thread's on here to shove this magic tube down everyone's throat's. He has made claim's of killing all the other system's on the market and now this.... The point that was made about the R&D that should have been done by Jay, is a question that everyone here that has his system (or are considering it) should be asking themselves. Personaly I would be pee'ed off dealing with this CEL problem, not to mention all the Home Depot trip's to try to get the hardware you need to make the system work properly. Again to all those using this system I hope you can fix it. I know what it's like to try to fix product's that don't quite meet up to the standard's that one would expect from purchasing a performance part. I've been there on past project's and it's agravating to say the least. :bang: I try to avoid those situation's now and save myself the grief....
Old 3/20/05, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

-Vegas and Boss-

Don't you guys have anything better to do?

Leave it alone already!
Old 3/20/05, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

RDSox04,
If you will re-read my post, you will see it was actually in support of the guys trying to fix their problem. Since you feel the need to defend JLT, you apparently feel its quality meets your standards. Fine, that's your opinion. But it’s not mine.

HOTLAP,
I am sorry that you think my comments are getting long in the tooth. To remedy the situation, I would suggest that you skip over and do not read any of my future posts. That way you won't have to be exposed to any opinions contrary to your own.

The Boss Hog
Old 3/20/05, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by nicksolheim@March 20, 2005, 7:53 PM
-... and Boss-

No, not really . . . . how about you?

The Boss Hog
Old 3/20/05, 05:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nicksolheim@March 20, 2005, 5:53 PM
-Vegas ....-

Actually I was thinking about taking my Pony out for a run, then perhap's stoping by a favorite topless club for a lap dance or two....How's your day look'in???
Old 3/20/05, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Thinking about waxing the beast. Just tired of the bickering over JLT's product that's all.
Old 3/20/05, 05:53 PM
Cobra Member

Has anyone re-tightened, re-flashed the ECU and checked to see if the CEL does not come on 1) when it is moved (by hand) nor comes on after driving ?

Jsut as a note, I put over 200 miles on the car with no issues. I cannot get the CEL light to come on during driving or even nudgin the sensor.

Feedback ?

-Bryan
Old 3/20/05, 06:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have to admit I'm tiring of the back and forth pot shots and bickering as well....Certainly don't wanna have to take Boss's advice and skip over his or Vegas's future posts in order to avoid it, as I like both of them a great deal.......As you guys may know, I recently ordered the JLT also....I'll probably install it tomorrow...Seems like a small issue with getting it on tight so I don't see the big deal....I'm not mad at JLT or C&L...Just want a decent intake at a good price...IF I'm mad at anybody it would be MMR for rushing their part out and taking forever to follow up with a pipe or heat shield to go with it :notnice: ...I was very pleased with the results of the JLT at Bryan's dyno session and am stoked to have a complete CAI for the kind of money I spent with Jay....IF I had it to do all over again and replace my stock filter from day one, I might actually buy the C&L, but as I'd already spent nearly 200 on the MMR, I figured the JLT was the best bet for me for the money. Still on the fence on the metal pipe idea too, as I am one who likes the plastic pipe to possibly keep the air cooler....I hope everybody's happy and we can all continue to help each other with future mods....No sense in getting all bent out of shape as we may need each other's help with other future mods long after we've all gotten intakes installed that we like and they are a distant memory.....Hope this doesn't offend anyone as I'd like to continue to be cool with everyone here....just wish the harshness could be toned down a notch or two.....happy modding guys!!!

John

P.S. Vegas's plans for the day sound like they'd be right up my alley....LMK how the girls were bro....
Old 3/20/05, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Boss and vegas are not going to be JLT customers in the future.
Look guys, every company has growing pains. Seems to me I remember a **** poor tune you got and it needed attention.
Old 3/20/05, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

And if you took the time to read all the posts here you would see I'm on top of the "small" issue. It has been fixed my simply tightening the screws different.
Not a big deal at all.

Never argue with ignorance, they will bring you down to there level and beat you with experiance!!!
Old 3/20/05, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 20, 2005, 7:56 PM
Has anyone re-tightened, re-flashed the ECU and checked to see if the CEL does not come on 1) when it is moved (by hand) nor comes on after driving ?

Jsut as a note, I put over 200 miles on the car with no issues. I cannot get the CEL light to come on during driving or even nudgin the sensor.
I only got a chance to put on about 20 miles today after tightening and reflashing. No problems so far. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 3/20/05, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Blk05GT+March 20, 2005, 9:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk05GT @ March 20, 2005, 9:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2005RedGT@March 20, 2005, 7:56 PM

I only got a chance to put on about 20 miles today after tightening and reflashing. No problems so far. Hopefully it stays that way.
[/b][/quote]
Good to hear.
Old 3/20/05, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Tucker@March 20, 2005, 8:31 PM
So to you both
Come on, Tucker. Be the bigger man, already

Let your sales and the popularity of your product (in these forums and others) speak for itself. Justin and (particularly) Boss may be thick headed, but they are still long time members of this forum, and that was a pretty low blow on your part :nono: I would expect a greater degree of professionalism from the head of a company. They are consumers, which entitles them to much more latitude than you when it comes to post content. Whatever pissy, bitter, or adversarial position they take reflects only on THEMSELVES. You, on the other hand, represent JLT performance, and everything you say reflects not just on you personally but on your company as well.

And Justin, Boss. For f...k sake, COME OFF IT ALREADY! Who do you think you're kidding, anyway. Neither of you could give two $hit$ about supporting your fellow mustangers. You've used this whole faulty sensor attachment episode as yet another launcing point to attack Tucker's credibility and competence. If you cared about your your fellow forum-mate's issues, as you claim to, you could have stated your support clearly and simply , and left the petty bickering and backhanded inserts about JLT out of it. Instead you chose to piggypack your supposed "support" on yet another barage of cheap shots. Enough is enough already.
Old 3/20/05, 07:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Tucker@March 20, 2005, 9:41 PM
And if you took the time to read all the posts here you would see I'm on top of the "small" issue. It has been fixed my simply tightening the screws different.
Not a big deal at all.

If you want to have a exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match lets do it!

How much did you pay again for the heat sink??? :scratch: Almost $400 for the kit alone??? :bang:

Again the JLT made more power then the MMR and the C&L for $150 is painted, plastic, cooler and makes more power.
No contet.
Now go back to your C&L threads (WHERE I HAVE NOT POSTED) and act like adults.

NOTE: I am NOT making this a JLT vs C&L thread. It's these 2 tools who want to pull me down to there level.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to there level and beat your with experiance!!!
Honestly, you look pretty stupid yourself. A little word of advice for you, just ignore people instead of addressing them. You obviously know that certain people have a bias and you probably cannot change that. Just let it be. The bickering makes YOU and YOUR COMPANY look unprofessional.

As for intakes, my opinion is that no matter which one you get, they are going to make very similar power. I have seen these types of intakes on other cars and the power difference is basically within the statisitical margin of error. Every intake system I have seen for the 05 Stang is basically the same in design. All of them provide great gains to the end user. Basically, it comes down to price and brand preference in the end.
Old 3/20/05, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Guess I'm forced to take this thread off of my email subscriptions list...no good info here any more...just blasting from both sides....Have to admit that you'd have looked better just letting it die Jay.....have fun guys...

John
Old 3/20/05, 10:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Purple Hayz+March 20, 2005, 8:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purple Hayz @ March 20, 2005, 8:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tucker@March 20, 2005, 8:31 PM
So to you both
Come on, Tucker. Be the bigger man, already

Let your sales and the popularity of your product (in these forums and others) speak for itself. Justin and (particularly) Boss may be thick headed, but they are still long time members of this forum, and that was a pretty low blow on your part :nono: I would expect a greater degree of professionalism from the head of a company. They are consumers, which entitles them to much more latitude than you when it comes to post content. Whatever pissy, bitter, or adversarial position they take reflects only on THEMSELVES. You, on the other hand, represent JLT performance, and everything you say reflects not just on you personally but on your company as well.

And Justin, Boss. For f...k sake, COME OFF IT ALREADY! Who do you think you're kidding, anyway. Neither of you could give two $hit$ about supporting your fellow mustangers. You've used this whole faulty sensor attachment episode as yet another launcing point to attack Tucker's credibility and competence. If you cared about your your fellow forum-mate's issues, as you claim to, you could have stated your support clearly and simply , and left the petty bickering and backhanded inserts about JLT out of it. Instead you chose to piggypack your supposed "support" on yet another barage of cheap shots. Enough is enough already.
[/b][/quote]
I mean honestly Tony, I would figure by now you would know me a little better than that... There are a great many people on this forum that I have tried to help out. I have spent a great deal of personal time PM'ing help to member's here. I don't post negativley unless I feel an injustice to member's here has occured. How in the world is that not "Backing" your fellow Mustanger's?? You have no idea what I have done and gave of myself to support our sport!

Where in my post is petty bickering or cheap shot's?? Do I not have the right to speak my opinion of a situation? The bulk of my post was in sympathy of the guy's here having to deal with stupid issue's, and my hope's for them to find a fix for thier problem's. The rest of it was fact's, fact: Jay joined this site to sell a product, he only help's out around here if it is about his product directly and moreover if it affect's his sale's... Now who is here as an enthusiast and who is here to sell, think about it. Fact: A person on this site or a person in general should not have to put up with this crap at any price ($150-$10,000)! Some may think this problem as minor, but also consider the fact that the #'s Jay originally touted have yet to be re-produced (Killing other system's remember). One has to look at the picture as a whole, and IMO it don't look so good. Jay stired this pot when he burst on here trashing other manufacture's and "pimp'n" his tube all over this forum. He crashed dang near every thread on this site , so I'm just supposed to shut-up now that people here that trusted in Jay are in fact now having problems? Am I supposed to close my eye's to what I feel IMO is something afoul occuring to member's here?I don't think so!! If you can't stand the heat get your hiney out the kitchen!! If you thought my post was not look'n out for member's here you are sadly mistaken Tony, frankley I would have expected better than that from you....

Jay was quick and reckless with his sale's tactic's, now he has to reep what he sowed!

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed