GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT Intake Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/05, 05:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the JLT Intake Kit installed and everyone there was very impressed.

Pricing:
- JLT Kit----------$175 (modified 3/16 from $150)
- JLT Tune-------$75

- Total------------$225

Total (Peak) Power - over my exist MMR kit - JLT Tune:
- 10 rwhp
- 6 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over stock - JLT Tune:
- 25 rwhp
- 16 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over my exist MMR kit - Custom Tune:
- 10 rwhp
- 8 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over stock - Custom Tune:
- 25 rwhp
- 18 rwtq

I used the JLT tune and found that it DOES do what it is supposed to do. If you do NOT have access to a tuner, this file works. However, it is a bit choppy thru the upper RPM range (4000-6000) and could use for timing and A/F table adjustments.

Now, I had my tuner, Andre, take his own current tune file and used the numbers from the JLT tune to get him to update his own tune. He was able to meet the same rwhp and exceed the rwtq by 2.

This is a fantastic product and meet my needs. Thank you Jay of JLT Performance for a great product. I am impressed

* There is onr more issue, please see below link for more information :

My Mustange Page.COM - Page 19 of 24

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Bryan, Very nice write up! Im glad you got the results you wanted and posted the breakdown the way you did. I've had the JLT intake on my car for a little over a week now and I did notice as you mentioned that in the upper RPM range it was a bit choppy, but it seems as the computer has become accustomed to it and tweeked itself and the kit runs much smoother and better after a weeks worth of running it. Maybe the engine just needed to become use to it? I don't know but it does perform flawlessly especially from a slow speed roll on, it will suprise the heck out of you! My only concern at this point is the idle, it's just a little too high but im working on getting that fixed. All in all it is a super bang for you buck upgrade. Congratulations Tucker on a job well done!
Old 3/13/05, 06:08 AM
Cobra Member

Yes, the stock idle of the SCT is too high. Either 1. got back to the tuner and have them lower it 2. Get the Extreme Tune (and calbe) and lower the Idle yourself

I know after my first tune, I have to wait a month before I could go back to my tuner and mine idles at 900 PRMs. Back then the Extreme Tune was not even ready nor was the cable.

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great results Bryan. I hope everyone reads this and realises the results are for real.
Thanks much for the results and the write up.
Jay
Old 3/13/05, 07:10 AM
Cobra Member

My pleaseure. Thank you for a great product. If anyone is on the fence on what CAI to get, it should be obvious now that the JLT kits makes power

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bryan,
Thanks for posting your results. It looks like the JLT system is working well for you as compared to the MMR system

I did go to your webpage (looks great!) to get the details on the JLT test:

[attachmentid=14583]

I do have a couple of questions on the statements on the Webpage. First, you quote Jay as stating that he was involved in the testing that showed the JLT was 8rwhp and 22 rwtq better than the C&L . Are you sure he said that because in this thread, post #54 he seamed to say it was an independent, 3rd party test.

Originally posted by Tucker@March 6, 2005, 9:22 AM
...A customer posted results with the JLT beating the C&L in a independent 3rd party test, that I wasn't even at and I'm bashing?

My second question is what is the source of below statement from your Webpage?

"Most customer as seeing nice gains, but especially over existing C&L intake kits."

Did you test against the C&L?

Thanks,

The Boss Hog
Old 3/13/05, 07:23 AM
Cobra Member

Hi Boss Hog

I have not tested against the C&L kit, as of yet. I have no plans at this time to test anymore CAI. However, when MMR comes out with their race tube, I would like to know what resutls they get - if any.

As far as the quotes from Jay, I put those together from thread from TMS and Stangnet. I will find them and update the MMP.com page to reflect them. I will also edit this post in a few mins when I find them.

Well ... I kinda feel like an idiot. I know i copied and pasted those quotes from Jay .. but I cannot for the life of me find them. Jay (lol) you have any idea where i may have quotest a "release" quote from you ?

Here is what I have:
"After much testing I'm ready to release some 05 GT kits. They consist of a JLT CAI kit complete with total replacment intake pipe and filter, not just a filter and MAF housing like most others out there. ... 4 tests on stock GT's showed gains of 30-39 RWHP and 30-35 RWTQ. We also took the time to test against the C&L intake kit and beat it pretty bad. The JLT out performed the C&L by 8 RWHP and 22 RWTQ. On a GT with exhaust, pullies, IMRC delete plates and the JLT our test car pulled a killer 310RWHP and 344 RWTQ ... "
-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 13, 2005, 6:42 AM

Pricing:
- JLT Kit----------$150
- JLT Tune-------$75

- Total------------$225

- 10 rwhp
- 6 rwtq

- 25 rwhp
- 16 rwtq

- 10 rwhp
- 8 rwtq

- 25 rwhp
- 18 rwtq

I used the JLT tune and found that it DOES do what it is supposed to do. If you do NOT have access to a tuner, this file works. However, it is a bit choppy thru the upper RPM range (4000-6000) and could use for timing and A/F table adjustments.

Now, I had my tuner, Andre, take his own current tune file and used the numbers from the JLT tune to get him to update his own tune. He was able to meet the same rwhp and exceed the rwtq by 2.

This is a fantastic product and meet my needs. Thank you Jay of JLT Performance for a great product. I am impressed

-Bryan
bryan, is it necessary to buy the jlt tune or should i just have my tuner program the sct to adopt to the jlt kit? how long did it take u to get the kit from jlt?
Old 3/13/05, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

elvism, I bought it to test against AND give my tuner an insentive to try harder. It worked Now, if you have a compitent tuner, then he/she should be able to get the same good gains. BUT, if you don't have a tuner you can get help from, then get Jay's tune - it delivers.

Now, a modified tune is required, either from Jay or a tuner that knows how to adjsut the percentages of airflow in the intake tube. It is abotu 9% over stock.

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 13, 2005, 6:42 AM

Pricing:
- JLT Kit----------$150
- JLT Tune-------$75

- Total------------$225

- 10 rwhp
- 6 rwtq

- 25 rwhp
- 16 rwtq

- 10 rwhp
- 8 rwtq

- 25 rwhp
- 18 rwtq

-Bryan
bryan , i was reading your web page regarding the jba headers. you installed last week with no dyno results and then this week you installed the jlt with a dyno test. how do you know if then it wasn't the headers that made the difference and not the jlt? or did i just misread this topic?
Old 3/13/05, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Because I did 7 pulls yesterday

1. Base Run - check headers only no tune (MMR Intake)
2. Tuned for Headers (MMR Intake)
3. Tuned for JLT Intake via JLT File (JLT Intake for the remaining)
4. Tuned for JLT Intake via Andre - Pass 1 (previous tune)
5. Tuned for JLT Intake via Andre - Pass 2 (9% air increase + a/f tables update)
6. Tuned for JLT Intake via Andre - Pass 3 (above + timing + leaned)
7. Last test on DynoJet just to verify

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 08:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys....I'll chime in and let everybody know that I was there and the proof was definitely in the pudding...Bryan tuned once again as best he could with the MMR, and THEN switched to the new JLT and began seeing what he could get with it....With the existing tune he had on the car it made right at 5hp instantly without any tweaking and then another 5 or 6 using the JLT tune and/or the sct custom tune....so in the end it added up to 10+ hp gained over the MMR kit and more torque as well...I WAS STUNNED! I believed the #'s but still wanted to see it in action and Jay's claims are without a doubt true. I wrote him when I got home last night and will be contacting him again on Monday when he gets back in town to have him ship mine out in the redfire color to match my car...GREAT looking intake when painted to match, and it had the bigtime performance gain to boot! I've tried not to vouch for anything in these back and forth forums and now that I've seen it with my own eyes I am a big believer.....hope this helps everyone who is debating on which CAI to purchase....take care.....

John
Old 3/13/05, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

what he said I was there too lol.

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

wow. that's fantastic. i wish i could have stuck arond to see all the action, but that is really impressive. good to know the JLT did what it said; great results.

Old 3/13/05, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@March 13, 2005, 11:05 AM
Hey guys....I'll chime in and let everybody know that I was there and the proof was definitely in the pudding...
...I've seen it with my own eyes I am a big believer.....hope this helps everyone who is debating on which CAI to purchase....take care.....

John
John,
I have no reason to doubt what Bryan reported. If he states the JLT out-performed the MMR, then I believe it His post's have always been un-biased and well documented.
What I was looking to resolve was the apparent contradiction concerning the test showing JLT vs. the C&L as stated on Bryan's website. Was the test performed by an independent third party or was it perform by or in association with JLT? I was also looking to find the basis for the statement "Most customer as seeing nice gains, but especially over existing C&L intake kits."
In his follow-up post, Bryan provided me with the answers.

The Boss Hog
Old 3/13/05, 09:07 AM
GT Member

Very nice results. I am going to try and get to the dyno this week to see what the JLT tune did for me.
Old 3/13/05, 09:08 AM
Big Falken Tires

Cool news - way to go Bryan! (love to hear this stuff from you and Swingle since you guy have been the 'Point Men' in terms of 05 GT mods)

Just waiting for the finalization of Jays Predator tune and then I am pulling the trigger on my JLT-CAI and Predator tuner order - can't wait!
Old 3/13/05, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

Fantastic

I am very intrested in what the Diablo does.

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great update Bryon!

Jay,

How is the Predator tune coming along? Also, have you been able to fine tuen the high rpm performance of the SCT tune? (Yes, I know I gave you a LOT of time to work on this.... )
Old 3/13/05, 09:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

No problem Boss....just put up the post to let everyone know that the gains were good and I was ordering as well...had nothing to do with anything else or any other posts, just didn;t have a chance til just now to put up my .02....I do like the idea of plastic over metal tubing though..can't wait to get mine and add a nice appearance and performance mod at the same time.....

John

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed