GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT Intake Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/05, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 19, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hi, Blk05GT. I will pics for the info in just a min.

-Bryan
Great find !!!

I noticed you had updated information about the fix. Let's all hope that this will fix it for good - we'll know in a few days
Old 3/19/05, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian, I hope this works. Let us know.
I just called you, when you get a chance give me a call.
Jay

GUYS: I must say I apologize for this issue and I WILL get you all straight. I never had it happen and know all the sudden we got problems. Please don't lose faith, we'll get it fixed.
Jay

One thing I think it causing the insert to not seal is it pulling up that slight bit at the start of the tighten process. If it were glued in or held down some how as the screw is tightened it should tighten good and seal. Just a thought. Brain storming.
Old 3/19/05, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

A small amount of contact cement on the insert holes and let it dry for a few hours should work well. When I removed my MAF today it pulled right out and I had it snug. I was looking at it and the first thing that came to mind was glue. I think that is the fix, simple enough!
Old 3/19/05, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

I spoke to Jay on the phone for a while. He is very adamant in getting this resolved and making sure that his current customers are satisfied as well as assuring that his future customer will be secure in knowing this. I belive him and look forward to his solution.

-Bryan
Old 3/19/05, 05:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 19, 2005, 4:49 PM
I spoke to Jay on the phone for a while. He is very adamant in getting this resolved and making sure that his current customers are satisfied as well as assuring that his future customer will be secure in knowing this. I belive him and look forward to his solution.

-Bryan
I wholeheartedly agree. My CEL hasn't triggered, but I am having some pinging. He contacted DTP immediately, and today I received a new XTR file I'm going to try out.

Jay really is diligent in trying to make this right by us...be patient, a good solution will be found!
Old 3/19/05, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LilHog@March 19, 2005, 6:36 PM
A small amount of contact cement on the insert holes and let it dry for a few hours should work well. When I removed my MAF today it pulled right out and I had it snug. I was looking at it and the first thing that came to mind was glue. I think that is the fix, simple enough!
I think your right. A small amount on contact cement or CA glue (used in RC or hobby shops or plain super glue) to hold the insert down will do the trick.

I will ty a few diffeent ideas and let you all know what's the best fix.

As Bryan said, I am commited to this product and finding a easy fix. This is a learning experiance and products all ways need updating.

one thing for you to try is this:
Slowly tighten one screw then the other. Trying not to allow the insert to pull up. Slowly doing the back and forth method the inserts should do there job and tighten and seal.
Let me know
Jay
Old 3/19/05, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't believe any of us, had any doubt. It's a simple fix.........
Old 3/19/05, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Be glad when mine shows so I can see what all the talk is about....LOL
Crossing my fingers for a Monday delivery!!

John
Old 3/19/05, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@March 19, 2005, 7:28 PM

John
Should be, If I remember right yours went out Friday or maybe even Thursday.
It's all blurring together right about now. :scratch:
Old 3/19/05, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by swingle007@March 19, 2005, 6:28 PM

John

Swingle007, You mean that car is going to be even faster! How am I ever going to keep up? You are going to love this intake.
Old 3/19/05, 06:02 PM
GT Member

I just redid mine a couple hours ago with the new method...maybe a quarter turn each - back and forth. Seemed to give me a lot more "bite" when tightening it.

I also tried out the new tune from DTP...the pinging seems to be better/gone (need the pavement to dry up a little more before I give it the thumbs up). I have an email back to Brent at DTP asking what was changed on the new file.
Old 3/19/05, 06:27 PM
GT Member

The Home Depot near my house didn't have the right size expansion nuts (worst store ever) so I bought new well nuts since the old ones slipped out very easily. (I think I tried to tighten them down too much)

The new well nuts are a little bigger than the originals but I believe I got it torqued down better than I had before. Going back and forth between the two screws definitely helped get it tight. I will reflash and hope I finally got it. A lot of good tips in this thread. Thanks for the help.
Old 3/19/05, 07:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Got mine today afterall ....Didn't realize it as I checked my mail late...Wife works at the office of the apts. we live at so she went in a bit ago and grabbed it for me out of the mailroom. Looks sweet! IF the weather holds up I'll try and put it on tomorrow sometime.....Here's a pic or two I just took on my coffee table....

John
Old 3/19/05, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't have mine yet(waiting for the Predator tune), but would a rivet (probably aluminum) work? Possibly cut a slit near each hole and use a J or U nut? Maybe I should just order mine and do a little 2MFF Fabrication on it.
Old 3/20/05, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by loudog@March 19, 2005, 8:05 PM
I just redid mine a couple hours ago with the new method...maybe a quarter turn each - back and forth. Seemed to give me a lot more "bite" when tightening it.

I also tried out the new tune from DTP...the pinging seems to be better/gone (need the pavement to dry up a little more before I give it the thumbs up). I have an email back to Brent at DTP asking what was changed on the new file.
I think we may have it licked with the tighten sequence. Please keep me informed.
Jay
Old 3/20/05, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Went to home depot this morning and purchased the new compression nuts and used the rubber cement and secured them in place. This should do the trick.
Jay, please keep in touch with DTP on the Diablo tune on CD. I need this....
Old 3/20/05, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Yup me too. That JLT is looking fast just sitting there in my garage. I can't wait to put it on. I need that tune. I'm going to run to Home Depot today then I'll be ready and waiting.

Jay
Old 3/20/05, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Boss Hog+March 19, 2005, 10:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Boss Hog @ March 19, 2005, 10:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HOTLAP@March 19, 2005, 12:12 PM

When I installed my JLT - I used nuts/bolts to better secure the MAF sensor and ran a bead of silicone gasket maker around the MAF's rubber gasket - just to make certain no air could get past the mounting area and that the MAF Sensor was nice and secure. I also ground down the nuts (on the inside) using a dremel - so they wouldn't interfere with airflow and cut down the inside of the hose mounting "nipple" (at the other end of the intake) so as to be less restrictive to air flow.
HOTLAP (and anyone else doing this),
I would exersize extreme caution when using this fix. You have now introduced into your intake stream, a piece of metal (the nut) that has the potencial over time to vibrate loose and be eaten by the engine. I would be very nervous if it were mine.

The Boss Hog
[/b][/quote]

Good point - if I would have been thinking when I did this I would have turned the nut/bolt around so the head is on the inside. I just went a rechecked and the bolts are still tight - they do "dig in" to the plastic inside surface pretty good - so should be OK - but out of caution I do think I'll turn them around.
Old 3/20/05, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 19, 2005, 10:28 AM
HOTLAP, and CEL's at all ?

-Bryan

Bryan - just one CEL episode when I installed the Steeda UD pullies.....I had taken off the CAI for access though and perhaps that's how I tripped it? All runs fine and I fixed it by disconnecting the batt for a while....hasn't come back in a couple of weeks so - I'm assuming everything is OK with it.

Thanks for your reseach/fix of the MAF mounting - I'm going to check out your web site now.

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed