GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT Intake Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/05, 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tucker@March 20, 2005, 8:41 PM
And if you took the time to read all the posts here you would see I'm on top of the "small" issue. It has been fixed my simply tightening the screws different.
Not a big deal at all.

If you want to have a pi$$in match lets do it!

How much did you pay again for the heat sink??? :scratch: Almost $400 for the kit alone??? :bang:

Again the JLT made more power then the MMR and the C&L for $150 is painted, plastic, cooler and makes more power.
No contet.
Now go back to your C&L threads (WHERE I HAVE NOT POSTED) and act like adults.

NOTE: I am NOT making this a JLT vs C&L thread. It's these 2 tools who want to pull me down to there level.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to there level and beat your with experiance!!!
Now for you... Tucker I have to say, that you did far more in that post to show your own stupid "color's" than I could have ever done by asking you question's that you can't answer(still have'nt by the way)!! Go ahead and keep trashing my intake, everytime you do you dig your own hole deeper.

Also you are wrong about staying off C&L thread's, your buddy Turbochad jumped on mine "pimping" your dang tube... Go read it for yourself, as I'm sure you already have.

You have made yourself look like a childish "punk" selling your tube's out of your garage... With no clue about what your doing...Good job Jay, keep up the good work!

Now why don't you go get busy and fix these guy's intake's....
Old 3/21/05, 04:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well you you pushed me to the point you wanted to and I spoke. Happy now?

You guys are much more intelligant then me and that's a fact. I just can't compete with the typing. You win, I'm done.

Sorry to all those who had to read this crap, I lost my composer and let the *&$# fly back in the general direction it came from.

And for the record: I do not work out of my garage nore did I come here to sell and "push" my product.
I have a large shop that I do everything from and I came here to help answer questions. I post results and information.

1-2-3- I'm out.
Old 3/21/05, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Blk05GT+March 20, 2005, 8:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk05GT @ March 20, 2005, 8:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2005RedGT@March 20, 2005, 7:56 PM
Has anyone re-tightened, re-flashed the ECU and checked to see if the CEL does not come on 1) when it is moved (by hand) nor comes on after driving ?

Jsut as a note, I put over 200 miles on the car with no issues. I cannot get the CEL light to come on during driving or even nudgin the sensor.
I only got a chance to put on about 20 miles today after tightening and reflashing. No problems so far. Hopefully it stays that way.
[/b][/quote]

For the Record - my JLT has performed perfectly from day one and I have not had any CEL issues - save for the time I installed the Steeda ud pullies - which was easily remedied by disconnecting the battery a short while....I have 1500+ miles on the JLT with no CEL coming on...the reason I mounted my MAF sensor with bolts from day one was that I felt it would secure the MAF better and I frequently do this with aftermarket products - and if I had thought it was a big deal or flaw - then I would have called Jay and he would have helped me with it - just like he did with having the correct cable overnighted from SCT - as THEY had included the incorrect cable with their tuner......aside from all of the frenzied words being aimed at Jay -all I have to go on are his actions - which have been up to my standards from day one....that's all
Old 3/21/05, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

I am looking forward to hitting the dyno here soon for some new tweaks

Hey as a side note, for any of you following my 'hood' adventure, I just dropped off my Stang I should have it all completed by the end of the week.

-Bryan
Old 3/21/05, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

HOTLAP,
I am sorry that you think my comments are getting long in the tooth. To remedy the situation, I would suggest that you skip over and do not read any of my future posts. That way you won't have to be exposed to any opinions contrary to your own.

The Boss Hog
[/quote]

Boss - sorry to see your response to my post :scratch: I was seriously just asking you to give it a rest (specifically the personal attacks on Jay/JLT) and based on the posts I've seen there are others who feel the same way. I appreciate both your and VegasJay's posts here on the forum as you guys have provided lot's of useful information (like most folks here) and believe that we all can learn from each other on this great '05. - thx - Bradley
Old 3/21/05, 08:08 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP+March 21, 2005, 7:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTLAP @ March 21, 2005, 7:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Blk05GT@March 20, 2005, 8:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-2005RedGT
@March 20, 2005, 7:56 PM
Has anyone re-tightened, re-flashed the ECU and checked to see if the CEL does not come on 1) when it is moved (by hand) nor comes on after driving ?

Jsut as a note, I put over 200 miles on the car with no issues. I cannot get the CEL light to come on during driving or even nudgin the sensor.

I only got a chance to put on about 20 miles today after tightening and reflashing. No problems so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

For the Record - my JLT has performed perfectly from day one and I have not had any CEL issues - save for the time I installed the Steeda ud pullies - which was easily remedied by disconnecting the battery a short while....I have 1500+ miles on the JLT with no CEL coming on...the reason I mounted my MAF sensor with bolts from day one was that I felt it would secure the MAF better and I frequently do this with aftermarket products - and if I had thought it was a big deal or flaw - then I would have called Jay and he would have helped me with it - just like he did with having the correct cable overnighted from SCT - as THEY had included the incorrect cable with their tuner......aside from all of the frenzied words being aimed at Jay -all I have to go on are his actions - which have been up to my standards from day one....that's all
[/b][/quote]

Another one for the record: Using the back and forth tightening method, I have been able to cinch the MAF pretty darned good - to my satisfaction. I also have run the "new" tune DTP sent me...no more pinging, just lots o' power!

I have to say the "seat of the pants" improvement was considerably more than I expected - especially at higher speeds (at 50+ MPH the throwback is still great!).

As I'm knocking on wood, I have yet to see a CEL after about 150 miles of driving this weekend.
Old 3/21/05, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

G/J loudog Keep us in the loop.

-Bryan
Old 3/21/05, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, that is great!
I will be posting some pics tonight that will help others with this issue. I'm glad it was a easy enough fix and please do keep me in the loop as the miles get put on.
Jay

BTW, Bryan, got your voice mail too late... :bang: Thanks though...
Old 3/21/05, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

I will finally be installing mine tonight. I have been keeping her stock for a local exhaust shop. They want to mock up a system on my car and start manufacturing them. Sounds like I get a free system. . what a shame

Any way, good info here. . . thanks for finding a fix folks.

Adam
Old 3/21/05, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

RDSox04. What part of the exhaust part ? Header to Mufflers, etc Need the inside scoop . I know turbochad what (i think) stainless works do a full length header to mufflers setup.

-Bryan
Old 3/21/05, 10:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 21, 2005, 10:42 AM
RDSox04. What part of the exhaust part ? Header to Mufflers, etc Need the inside scoop . I know turbochad what (i think) stainless works do a full length header to mufflers setup.

-Bryan
I'll shoot you an e-mail Bryan.

EDIT: Ok, PM ya anyway . . . I lost your e-mail.
Old 3/21/05, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

looks like you could make that intake for $20 if you had the mmr filter and mass air cut stock intake and replace with pvc clamp back down.
Old 3/21/05, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by porsche@March 21, 2005, 11:12 AM
looks like you could make that intake for $20 if you had the mmr filter and mass air cut stock intake and replace with pvc clamp back down.
Yes, if you had them you probably could. And if you don't, you can buy a filter (with shroud) and mass air meter from Steeda for a mere 259.95!
Old 3/21/05, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Old 3/21/05, 01:33 PM
V6 Member

After adjusting the screws on the MAF and unhooking the battery for a few minutes, my CEL problem seems to be fixed. I have only put 60 miles on since but the CEL has always come by 10-20. So far so good. Nice intake Jay! The problem was clearly the way I mounted the MAF.
Old 3/21/05, 01:39 PM
Cobra Member

Hey, zwooky, you got any links to pics of your car

-Bryan
Old 3/21/05, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

mine got here today... thanks to Jay, the owner of JLT.
Old 3/21/05, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So are the problems totally fixed? I want to order one, but am waiting for the CEL problems to be resolved and the Predator tune to come out.

JLT, I emailed Scott Beer at Diablosport about a problem I am having with my 93 octane tune. He is going to work with me for a fix they used on their shop car. He said to send him my "CALID" with a full list of mods I have done. I am going to email him back and see if he can email me a tune for your intake.
Old 3/21/05, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 21, 2005, 8:48 AM
I am looking forward to hitting the dyno here soon for some new tweaks

Hey as a side note, for any of you following my 'hood' adventure, I just dropped off my Stang I should have it all completed by the end of the week.

-Bryan
I hope it turn's out good for you.
Old 3/21/05, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Hey max2000jp, as far as I am concerned it is. There are a few othes that have tried it with no issues.

If you want, give yourself the rest of the week to see if those same people that made the adjsutment are still good to go with no CEL

-Bryan

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed