GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT Intake Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Price is $150 in black and $25 more for the color upgrade.
Thanks
Jay
Old 3/16/05, 03:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop typing on here and get to the packing and shipping Jay....LOL

John
Old 3/16/05, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

...and I just ordered a Predator from 2D's Performance...$309 + $10 Express shipping (Hope you don't mind Jay).
Jay said he should have a tune file for his CAI for the Predator by next week?
Old 3/16/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@March 16, 2005, 5:28 PM
Stop typing on here and get to the packing and shipping Jay....LOL

John
You got that right!

...and I just ordered a Predator from 2D's Performance...$309 + $10 Express shipping (Hope you don't mind Jay).
No problem, I don't blame you!
I'm all about a good deal.
Jay
Old 3/16/05, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 13, 2005, 7:42 AM
I had the JLT Intake Kit installed and everyone there was very impressed.

Pricing:
- JLT Kit----------$175 (modified 3/16 from $150)
- JLT Tune-------$75

- Total------------$225

Total (Peak) Power - over my exist MMR kit - JLT Tune:
- 10 rwhp
- 6 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over stock - JLT Tune:
- 25 rwhp
- 16 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over my exist MMR kit - Custom Tune:
- 10 rwhp
- 8 rwtq

Total (Peak) Power - over stock - Custom Tune:
- 25 rwhp
- 18 rwtq

I used the JLT tune and found that it DOES do what it is supposed to do. If you do NOT have access to a tuner, this file works. However, it is a bit choppy thru the upper RPM range (4000-6000) and could use for timing and A/F table adjustments.

Now, I had my tuner, Andre, take his own current tune file and used the numbers from the JLT tune to get him to update his own tune. He was able to meet the same rwhp and exceed the rwtq by 2.

This is a fantastic product and meet my needs. Thank you Jay of JLT Performance for a great product. I am impressed

* There is onr more issue, please see below link for more information :

My Mustange Page.COM - Page 19 of 24

-Bryan
Pretty good gains for a "Turdpipe" LOL.
Old 3/16/05, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

darn straight!

John
Old 3/16/05, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

The JLT CAI get a Kick hiney rating from me. My only gripe is my idle needs to be lower. I saw in another post where someone had taken the drive by wire throttle body apart on a V6 Stang. It looks like there is a stop bolt for the gears that move the throttle blades. here is a Pic of what appears to be the same set bolt on my 4.6. does anyone know if setting your idle with this will screw up the throttle possition sensor?
Old 3/16/05, 08:54 PM
GT Member

Hey guys I got to meet Jay in Bradenton and he is a super nice guy. By the way Jay, the car got shot for an online story, a tv story, and will be a feature and cover car in the MCA Mustang Times Magazine. The article mentions your product so check it out!
Old 3/16/05, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

This was in another thread on here

http://www.mustangweekly.com/TOCMW.asp

Has turbochad's car in it, nice work. It also mentions JLT's intake
Old 3/17/05, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by turbochad@March 16, 2005, 10:57 PM
Hey guys I got to meet Jay in Bradenton and he is a super nice guy. By the way Jay, the car got shot for an online story, a tv story, and will be a feature and cover car in the MCA Mustang Times Magazine. The article mentions your product so check it out!
That is great Chad! You are going far with that car. I must say it looks great in person!

I read the online article and I must say, thanks for letting JLT be a part of the car. I'm glad it worked out and made more power for you.

Keep me posted on the other write ups on the car.

Thanks and it was great to meet up with you out there!
Jay
Old 3/17/05, 04:45 PM
GT Member

Got my JLT CAI and SCT Tunes today; I'll let you all know how it feels!

Hoping I can get it put on tongiht.

Since I haven't dyno'd the car, I can't tell you what the actual gains will be...
Old 3/17/05, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Keep us posted loudog.

I am guessing that you got the sct kit w/the preprogramed (DTP) tune and CAI from Jay. When you get the CAI on and DTP tune installed let us now how it runs throughout the power band. Can you feel a difference or not? I heard that the DTP tune causes the idle to be a bit high.

BTW I just order my JLT CAI today, can't wait till I get it. Still not sure wether to go with a preprogramed tune or just have it tuned on a dyno.

Nick
Old 3/17/05, 07:21 PM
GT Member

Got it installed.

The MAF connection seems a little awkward - doesn't want to snug as nice as I'd like it to.

Also, I loaded the tunes to the SCT, and loaded the Regular Fuel tune to the car (running 87 octane right now). It's pinging at WOT...pretty good ping at that.

I have an email out to Jay to ask him if anyone else has had this happen.

However, through all that, I can tell you that I did feel a noticeable difference with just minor bursts on the pedal. Once I get it dialed in, I think it'll be a great bolt-on!

I'll keep you posted.
Old 3/17/05, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea it idles a bit high, mine jumped up about 150-200 rpm. But it runs it's hiney off and it's well worth it. You will love it. Go with the premium tune, it pulls harder than the regular tune.
Old 3/17/05, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Yup installed the JLT tonight. I have the Predator so I'm waiting for Jay's (JLT) custom tune. I also put an email to him tonight because I can not get my check engine light to go off. I checked the MAR sensor gasket (ok). Reset my battery still showed light after driving. Also reflashed many time and still that light showed up.

I finally removed the CAI until I talk with Jay. I installed the original intake (sad) and the light went off. Hopefully Jay's custom tune will remedy this... :bang:

Any suggestions?
Old 3/18/05, 05:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by loudog@March 17, 2005, 9:24 PM
Got it installed.

The MAF connection seems a little awkward - doesn't want to snug as nice as I'd like it to.

Also, I loaded the tunes to the SCT, and loaded the Regular Fuel tune to the car (running 87 octane right now). It's pinging at WOT...pretty good ping at that.

I have an email out to Jay to ask him if anyone else has had this happen.

However, through all that, I can tell you that I did feel a noticeable difference with just minor bursts on the pedal. Once I get it dialed in, I think it'll be a great bolt-on!

I'll keep you posted.
Email returned: This may help others too.
Hold onto the rubber fitting from the inside and tighten the screws allowing it to crush before it pulls up. If this doesn't work well enough, screw it tight "without" the sensor allowing it to crush and it will help it for the next time with the sensor.
I also forwarded your email to DTP about the tune for 87. You could very well have bad gas or water in the gas. Gas is very different around the country and this may be the culprit.
Jay
Let me know
Old 3/18/05, 05:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by j-stang@March 17, 2005, 11:44 PM
Yup installed the JLT tonight. I have the Predator so I'm waiting for Jay's (JLT) custom tune. I also put an email to him tonight because I can not get my check engine light to go off. I checked the MAR sensor gasket (ok). Reset my battery still showed light after driving. Also reflashed many time and still that light showed up.

I finally removed the CAI until I talk with Jay. I installed the original intake (sad) and the light went off. Hopefully Jay's custom tune will remedy this... :bang:

Any suggestions?
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!
Do NOT install the JLT with a performance tune from ANY tuner.
This is why I offer the tunes with the kit.
The Diablo tune is taking longer then expected and I hope to have it ready next week. Sorry for the delay and I know you all are dying to install your JLT's, but please wait for the tune.
Jay
Old 3/18/05, 05:22 AM
Cobra Member

Jay is right guys, you need either the recommended JLT tune OR a qualified person (SCT Dealer that understand the 9% increased flow rate) to do the tune. Don't take a change of an install with-out it.

-Bryan
Old 3/18/05, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 18, 2005, 8:25 AM
... the 9% increased flow rate...
-Bryan
Bryan,
That's the first time I have seen that number. Could you please provide a little background on it? (i.e. what it is, where did it came from, what were the test parameters, etc.) Thanks

The Boss Hog
Old 3/18/05, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jay- Got the message loud and clear. That CAI just looked too killer to just sit there without giving it a little try. I was just over zealous and tried it out without your tune. Hopefully your tune will be out next week and my patience will calm till then. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed