Search this Thread

Old 3/13/05, 11:35 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good review. Thank you Bryan!
Old 3/13/05, 12:47 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Sounds great, any ideas of how the Diablo tune will compare to the SCT???? (In regards to the JLT CAI)
Old 3/13/05, 01:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Bryan its great to hear of your good results with the new pipe. Over a month ago I said the metal tubes were nothing more than heat exchangers. I have my JLT (beat Ya on this one) and will soon install.
I don't care if the parts are from a plumbing supply house they work and that is a credit to Jay. He better gear up now as his sales are going through the roof.
Jay you should join the Mustang Source as an advertiser and official parts supplier.
Old 3/13/05, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

lol. I agree, time to gear up or lets hope it is. All this work lets hope the fellow TMS group follows suit

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on the gains Bryan. Good to see more evidence of the JLT performing at or above expectations. One of these days I'm going to attempt to integrate your mods/gains into the dataset I'm compiling (see sticky). You've tried so many combos that you will have as many entries in the data file as nearly all the other members combined (Each mod combo with a dyno pull counts as one observation).

Old 3/13/05, 02:01 PM
V6 Member

Bryan,
Just curious, what do you change when you "Tuned for Headers"?
I just got my SCT and am using a premium tune it came with. I have headers on the car but haven't had a custom tune yet because the local speed shop hasn't done any tuning on 05's yet and I want to make sure they know what there doing.
Thanks for any help!

P.S. Can anyone recomend a good tuner/shop in the Tampa/Orlando area?
Old 3/13/05, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

Well, in this case, it was simply trying to adjsut for any Air / Fuel. It resulted in no gains becuase my computer had already adjsuted for it. So, as far as our 'adjsutment' we were uncessful.

http://www.southfloridastangs.com/ I bet if you ask there, you will be directed to a good shop

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

JLT, when will you be offering your intake with the Diablom Predator? Also, do you have any pricing. I would like to order both within a week or two if available. Thanks!
Old 3/13/05, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to see all of you there at HPE yesterday.
Bryans' JLT gains were impressive for sure.
I don't think he mentioned that all of these numbers are also on
a Mustang Dyno, that is all but the last pull he did.
I will be ordering mine from Jay also very soon.
I will let you know what mine does as soon as I get it installed and tuned.
Hey Bryan, anymore trouble with the Check engine light?

Steve
Old 3/13/05, 05:45 PM
Cobra Member

na, the chekc engine light was just the gasket missing BTW let me know when you will be there to tune and/or dyno so we can check it out and chat

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sure thing Bryan.
Do I have to make an appointment with Andre for him to tune?
Old 3/13/05, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Kinda, Just need to let him know what Saturday you want to be there so 1) He can have an XCalibrator ready 2) make sure he will have time to give you a tune. Sometimes he only has 1 or 2 but there have been a few where is has had more than 5 (all day).

-Bryan
Old 3/13/05, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by The Boss Hog@March 13, 2005, 10:48 AM
What I was looking to resolve was the apparent contradiction concerning the test showing JLT vs. the C&L as stated on Bryan's website. Was the test performed by an independent third party or was it perform by or in association with JLT? The Boss Hog
Boss you know very well I have told the world over and over I was not at the C&L vs JLT dyno test, but it was done with the car owner presant. The car owner who has also said I was not there and we have never met or have a secreat deal to lye to the public. :nono:

Me, DTP, Lilhog,Turbochad,2k5GT,2005redGT and the many others who have the JLT kit and have posted there great results over stock and other A/M CAI's are not in cahoots. The test results are real including the results against the C&L!
I stand by this!
I have not said a word about any C&L dyno #'s or track times. I believe them all.
With that said,
I hope to have the Diablo tune ready and results soon. By the end of the week I hope.
Pricing will be the same as the SCT packages. Fair

Thanks for all the great comments and I am ready to help you all when your ready.
Jay
757 335 1940
Old 3/14/05, 05:33 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Tucker+March 13, 2005, 8:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ March 13, 2005, 8:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The Boss Hog@March 13, 2005, 10:48 AM
What I was looking to resolve was the apparent contradiction concerning the test showing JLT vs. the C&L as stated on Bryan's website. Was the test performed by an independent third party or was it perform by or in association with JLT? The Boss Hog
Boss you know very well I have told the world over and over I was not at the C&L vs JLT dyno test, but it was done with the car owner presant. The car owner who has also said I was not there and we have never met or have a secreat deal to lye to the public. :nono:

Me, DTP, Lilhog,Turbochad,2k5GT,2005redGT and the many others who have the JLT kit and have posted there great results over stock and other A/M CAI's are not in cahoots. The test results are real including the results against the C&L!
I stand by this!
I have not said a word about any C&L dyno #'s or track times. I believe them all.
With that said,
I hope to have the Diablo tune ready and results soon. By the end of the week I hope.

Thanks for all the great comments and I am ready to help you all when your ready.
Jay
757 335 1940
[/b][/quote]
Jay, I'm guessing you have a predator? If so and you are doing a tune for the JLT CAI will that tune be part of the performance tune 93 octane or a tune for a factory car with the CAI? I have the predator already and the performance tune downloaded. What will I have t do to get a tune only from you and cost?
Old 3/14/05, 05:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hope to have the Diablo tested this week. I will know more then, but it will have a 87 and premium fuel tune.
The tune will be the same price as the SCT $75.
Old 3/14/05, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Tucker+March 13, 2005, 10:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ March 13, 2005, 10:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The Boss Hog@March 13, 2005, 10:48 AM

I stand by this!
With that said,

Jay
757 335 1940
[/b][/quote]

Jay,
I asked Bryan a perfectly straight forward question and I believe Bryan provided a straight forward answer and I was satisfied. But, that response must not have fit your needs because you felt the need to jump in with you own response to a question that was not addressed to you. And as usual, in your response, you attempt to put words in my mouth, and ignore my actual question.
The below quote is taken directly from Bryan's webpage, page 19 as referenced in his earlier post:

Start Quote

Per Jay at JLT Performance "After much testing I'm ready to release some 05 GT kits. They consist of a JLT CAI kit complete with total replacment intake pipe and filter, not just a filter and MAF housing like most others out there. ... 4 tests on stock GT's showed gains of 30-39 RWHP and 30-35 RWTQ. We also took the time to test against the C&L intake kit and beat it pretty bad. The JLT out performed the C&L by 8 RWHP and 22 RWTQ. On a GT with exhaust, pullies, IMRC delete plates and the JLT our test car pulled a killer 310RWHP and 344 RWTQ ... "

End Quote

When you use the pronouns "We" and "our", I think a reasonable person would conclude you were referring to yourself along with some other un-named individuals as the people who either performed the comparison test or were directly associated with the test. That is why I asked for the clarification, which Bryan provided by re-affirming the quote came from you. Yet you declare that you have told the world over and over that you were not present at the test, which is most likely true. But you use that “answer” to also imply to the TMS members that you had nothing to do with comparing the JLT to the C&L, which is a direct contradiction to the above quote. And you make it sound like I’m the one twisting words . . . :nono:

Since you are standing behind the one test showing the JLT killed the C&L by delivering 8 rwhp and 22 rwtq gains, I'm still waiting for a plausible, technical explanation of what physical process is taking place within your tube that results in a 22 rwtq gain at mid rpm yet zero gain at high rpm? As the design engineer behind the JLT, I would think you would have analyzed it's operational parameters and understand how it works. Yet the only response you have provided to me is sorry you don't believe it but that's the way it is.

Jay, your marketing campaign has been very effective and I can only marvel at how you have convinced people of the vast superiority of the JLT over the C&L, without ever having to present a shred of real independent proof or without answering a single technical question.

The Boss Hog
Old 3/14/05, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm truly sorry you feel this way and are not happy with my answers or product or my grammer.
I am not a technical person, so answering your questions may be a little hard for me. :bang:
If you dyno once and get X then dyno agian and get Y there was a gain.
Personally and truthfully I don't know "exactly" how we got the gain, but got the gain none the less. All I can say is we added much more fuel to keep a good safe A/F.
What I do know is this means the JLT flows MUCH more air.
Caveman talk " More air + more fuel + more power" It really is as simple as that.

Seems to me the only people unhappy with my grammer is those who don't have the kit.
Have a great day!
Old 3/14/05, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

i'm still waiting for vegas jay to get involved in this post
Old 3/14/05, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tucker,
I have been following all the info on your CAI and the Predator tune I can find. Forgive me if I am about to ask a stupid question or it has been cover somewhere else that I have not seen. I am not sure how your CAI and the Predator tune will be supplied to the customer. Will the Predator evenually have an option for your CAI kit like the C&L does?? My convertible GT was built last week and is sitting in Flat Rock, Michigan waiting on shipment. I will be placing an order in a few weeks but am not sure how I will receive your kit and the Predator tune. I am new to the tuner world so if you could explain to us NOVICES how the get your kit and the Predator tuner with your CAI tune I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
70Mach1Owner
Old 3/14/05, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, if you buy the tuner and JLT from me all you need to do is load the new tune onto your car and install the JLT.
The tune will be on the tuner when you receive it.

If you get your own tuner, you will get my tune on CD and will need to install it on your PC then to the tuner.
Jay

Quick Reply: JLT Intake Kit Installed