General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/06, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi y'all. Happy 4th! Bill, you think Zaino will make your arm tired. I have been painting rooms in the house for 2 days.

Yesterday was primer in the wine cellar (under stairs). Today I painted the color and helped Katie primer her room. Chris helped Katie prep her room (a TON of work on new construction - sand, caulk, fill nail holes, wipe caulk, vacuum, tape windows and doors) and worked on the Media room primer.

So no time for my mustang Haven't even driven it since Friday.

Love the brakelight cover, Bill. And Mike and karman - thanks for the tips on license plate brackets.
Old 7/4/06, 10:30 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
HAPPY
INDEPENDENCE DAY
EVERYONE !!

Back at ya! Whoops... it's the 5th now. Hope everybody had a good day with their picnics and BBQ's. I worked to help keep Disney up and running for all the tourists!

Just turned 3000 miles on the way home from work. 3000 more miles and I get to change oil again!! (first change was at 1000)

Let's get some updates on everyone's mileage.

Tom: 3000
Bill: 300
Old 7/5/06, 08:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swwake
Bill, you think Zaino will make your arm tired. I have been painting rooms in the house for 2 days.

Love the brakelight cover, Bill.
Someone's been pretty busy! Way to build up your arm muscles, so when you get around to polishing your Mustang, it won't be so fatiguing.
Sounds like your new home is coming along nicely, keep it up!

I sent a pic of the brakelight overlay to the guy who made it. Now, he wants more pics of my ride! Apparently, he's pretty impressed with his own work!
Old 7/5/06, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Let's get some updates on everyone's mileage.

Tom: 3000
Bill: 300
Correction: Bill 271 (Would've been 268 if it weren't for the Saleen short throw test drive! )
Old 7/5/06, 09:47 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I sent a pic of the brakelight overlay to the guy who made it. Now, he wants more pics of my ride! Apparently, he's pretty impressed with his own work!
Or, he's impressed with the installation of his work.

I sent several pics to Classic Design Concepts of the Shaker, and they want to use my car on their website!

I told them I'll resend pictures with their Classic Chin Spoiler... since it's going on today!
Old 7/5/06, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll check mine at lunch, but I know it is over 4k now
I have decided to wait 5k between oil changes. The reason? I checked my oil again at 3k and it still looks like the day it was put in. I will keep an eye on it and any time I think it starts to look bad before 5k, I'll change it.
Need to find someone that stocks the Mobil 1 5W-20 in the 5qt containers. Wal-Mart (Tom's fav) doesn't carry the 5W-20 in the 5qt jug.
Old 7/5/06, 10:12 AM

Saleen Short Throw Shifter Block install

As promised, here's my little write up on the Saleen short throw shifter block.

The inlcuded Saleen instructions were accurate. However, the small B&W pics (hard to see) and 4 pages of instructions made it more confusing than it really was.

When you see the attached pics, it makes sense on where the shift block goes (and it's orientation) and how everything attaches.

Here's some tips I gathered here on TMS (not in the supplied instructions) that helped me along;

* Lube both plastic bushings (outer) before inserting them into the Saleen block.
* Lube the Saleen silver bushing (outer) before inserting it into the shifter barrel.
* Lube the shank of the shift linkage stud pin before inserting it through the plastic bushings (in the Saleen block).
* Loctite the OEM nut that goes on the shift linkage stud pin. Use caution when tightening this nut, DO NOT OVER TORQUE IT! I only brought the nut down until it made contact with the plastic bushing, then gave it an additional 1/8 turn. If you tighten this nut too much, it'll make shifting (into the gates) very difficult.
* Let the Loctite dry before any extended shifting drive.

A short video showing the shortened throw can be downloaded here. (14.3mb)
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide2.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide3.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide4.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide5.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide6.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide7.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide8.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide9.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-slide10.jpg  

Old 7/5/06, 11:41 AM
GTR Member

As promised, here's my little write up on the Saleen short throw shifter block.
How do you like it? Worth the money?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, here are some pics with my better camera of the CDC Shaker, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Rear Spoiler, and 281 Emblems.

Click HERE for more angles, close-ups, and far-away shots (32 pictures total).

It started raining during my photo session as you can see in some of the pics.

Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3625.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3614.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3622.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3624.jpg  
Old 7/5/06, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Like to hear your thoughts on that as well.
Nice write-up Bill.
Bookmarked.
Finally, here are some pics with my better camera of the CDC Shaker, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Rear Spoiler, and 281 Emblems.
That looks incredible Tom. Just need those Mach1 Wheels and the Hood stripe.
Old 7/5/06, 12:19 PM
GTR Member

That looks incredible Tom. Just need those Mach1 Wheels and the Hood stripe.
Thanks!

The Hood Stripes are on the way now... Graphic-Express is in FL, so it shouldn't take long. I will have to do some modifying because the 03/04 shaker hole is farther back in the hood. Also, I don't know if I'll be able to use the rear piece of the stripe or not:

As far as the Mach 1 rims go... I still like the look of the Black Bullitts. I may change down the road, but I'm still not totally sure yet.
Old 7/5/06, 12:23 PM

Tom, your vert looks great! Very aggressive looking, almost menacing!

Can't wait to see it with the Mach hood stripe, that'll be the icing on the cake.

In my 3 mile test drive, I really like the shortened shifter. Kind of reminds me of the 88 Saleen and the 90 GT (had the same kit installed). So guess in a way, I'm sorta used to it.

All in all, not a bad mod for $50 bucks.
Old 7/5/06, 12:54 PM
GTR Member

Tom, your vert looks great! Very aggressive looking, almost menacing! Can't wait to see it with the Mach hood stripe, that'll be the icing on the cake.
Thanks! Menacing... ... I like that! I hope the stripes come today or tomorrow.

I put a post HERE to fish for some compliments.

Actually, I just wanted to get some opinions to see what others think. I asked for the good and the bad, so we'll see what they say.
Old 7/6/06, 10:26 AM
GTR Member

Well, it's not as exclusive as they made it sound, but I got my car in CDC's Photo Gallery.

Not sure where they got the "W" for my last name (not that it matters).
Old 7/6/06, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, it's not as exclusive as they made it sound, but I got my car in CDC's Photo Gallery.

W = Wig
I still think it is pretty cool to see our cars on vendor websites, regardless if it is in the customer car section or more exclusive.
Old 7/6/06, 11:05 AM
GTR Member

I still think it is pretty cool to see our cars on vendor websites, regardless if it is in the customer car section or more exclusive.
Yep... me, too! You have BSM, Bill has AutoVation, now I have CDC!
Old 7/6/06, 11:53 AM
GTR Member

Daryl... about the looseness of the clear corner lights.

I broke of this locator tab on both sides (just push it with your thumb and it will break off). It leaves a small hole in it's place. Use a screw in place of the locator tab and the corner light will be tighter than when stock!
Attached Images  
Old 7/6/06, 12:30 PM

Congratulations Tom!

Anytime a company or magazine uses your car it's pretty exclusive.
Old 7/6/06, 02:12 PM
GTR Member

Got the graphics from Graphic-Express today!

The front piece will fit perfectly. Mike reminded me that even though the shaker is more centered in the hood, we have LONGER hoods than the 03/04 Mach 1s. No trimming required!

But... What about the back piece? HERE's that pic again. You can see how it doesn't go all the way back on the Mach 1 hood, but it goes back as far as the hood is raised. We don't have a raised part, so the small graphic will just end for no reason and the curve toward the windshield will be pointless.

Do I put it on? or not?

--------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3644.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3645.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3646.jpg  
Old 7/6/06, 02:32 PM

Do I put it on? or not?
I'd leave it off, it's too small.

If you feel the need later on to put some vinyl behind the scoop, seek out a graphics shop to have a piece custom cut.

Regardless, you'll be installing the the front piece anyway. Once on, you can decide about the back piece.
Old 7/6/06, 02:37 PM
GTR Member

I'd leave it off, it's too small.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

OR... look HERE one more time (but scroll down farther).

I could get the roof and trunk piece. I wouldn't need all of that, so I could custom make myself one to replace the piece that is too small, then I could make a piece for the deck lid and end under the spoiler (at the edge of the trunk right above the brake light):

Good idea? Too much?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)