Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/07, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beams&Glass

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nice pics Bill!

Sorry I couldn't make it out yesterday, would've made for a nice 2 car shoot.

I noticed some new backgrounds... found a new place?
I found this location while on my way to PV1. Bill does this look familiar? It's north of the Torrance Airport on Lomita blvd. It's a dinky parking lot if front of a closed business with beams & glass. It looked interesting what the heck!

Okay this next proposal is going to take some cahonez. I need a riding partner to go with me into the hood for some shoot locations. Bill are you interested? We can start tonight! Call me.

"If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger!"

Bill2

Old 9/4/07, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wish you were there..PV1

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Nice job Jed! Looked like a perfect evening at the coast. You should be a photographer.

I walked into my studio this morning and the thermostat read 90 degrees.
It was a great sunset the Jed's should of been there! But there are other weekends! This was last minute I saw that orange sun going down so I fired up the stang and boom!

I still want to do a "gansta" shoot in the hood! I need to do some recon

Jed
Old 9/4/07, 08:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay back to cars!

I'm getting ready to install the radiator. Hey do you recognize the guy on the screen? Greg Biffle

Hopefully Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. FYI Cars I Coffee is moving to a new location for this Saturday's show. I think this is temp condition

I peeked at it it looks so cool!

Old 9/4/07, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Lobsters

Any of you local Cali guys going to this?

http://www.lobsterfest.com/

Hummmmmm Lobster!

Old 9/4/07, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
did I say I was drooling dang there just are not enough go getter outters around this Island. Bc Fisheries tried to supply our water with Lobster once when they dumped the tons of them in the ocean they left the bands on the claws. a smart group they were .I love fresh Lobster first tim I moved here went out with the wife then for all Lobster & Crab I didn't know how to eat it so the very cute waitress showed me how then fed me like a baby , the wife left the food was great, Sorry I had a Flash Back.
Old 9/4/07, 10:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Bill, just saw the recon mission plans... too late for me now.

Is this to scope out some graffiti locations?

Is that beams & glass place near the Sams/Costco off Lomita Blvd?

Never went to Lobster-Rama, but I usually go to Lobsterfest in Redondo Beach (just a week later). It's right behind Ruby's, your Friday night cruise-in spot!
http://www.redondochamber.org/lobsterfestival/

Old 9/5/07, 10:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quick question for the stripe installers.. Bill, Daryl I mean you.

It's said that whatever I do, do not get the backing paper wet.

OK which is the backing paper ?? I don't but can get photos of what I mean.

There is in order top down
1) Cut to size paper
2) Cut to size vinyl
3) continuous sheet of paper

which 1 or 3 do I NOT get wet. I understand to peel the stripe off #3 to apply it to the car when do I take off #1 ?? After it's on the car ?

Dumb questions but it's stuff like this that I don't want to have to stop my work to ask this weekend (weather permitting)

Thanks
Old 9/5/07, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by habu
Okay, it sounds like your vinyl stripes are on transfer paper. Mine and Daryl's were not. Ours comprised of only 2 pieces, the white gloss vinyl and the backing paper. It is this backing paper that cannot get wet.

As far as I know, the top transfer paper can get wet and won't harm anything. If you take a look at my fading rocker stripe install, it's 3-layers like what you're describing on your set.

I don't know how Rob recommends installing the transfer vinyl, but without knowing, I would peel off the top transfer paper, then peel off the backing paper and install the vinyl piece only.

Don't forget.. do not wet the back of the vinyl until the backing paper is completely removed or else it'll start 'melting' on it (bad thing).
Old 9/5/07, 10:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Okay, it sounds like your vinyl stripes are on transfer paper. Mine and Daryl's were not. Ours comprised of only 2 pieces, the white gloss vinyl and the backing paper. It is this backing paper that cannot get wet.

As far as I know, the top transfer paper can get wet and won't harm anything. If you take a look at my fading rocker stripe install, it's 3-layers like what you're describing on your set.

I don't know how Rob recommends installing the transfer vinyl, but without knowing, I would peel off the top transfer paper, then peel off the backing paper and install the vinyl piece only.

Don't forget.. do not wet the back of the vinyl until the backing paper is completely removed or else it'll start 'melting' on it (bad thing).
Gotcha. Thanks

Also un-rolling it partially (the dining table was no-where near long enough) I noticed that what must be a hood stripe has a cut-out for the washer nozzle... It's good and bad I think, I don't want a outline of Vista Blue between the nozzle and the stripe, but I won't know 'til it's on the car. Hopefully it's good because I won't have to cut the stripe too much
Old 9/5/07, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

It's said that whatever I do, do not get the backing paper wet.

OK which is the backing paper ?? I don't but can get photos of what I mean.

There is in order top down
1) Cut to size paper
2) Cut to size vinyl
3) continuous sheet of paper

which 1 or 3 do I NOT get wet. I understand to peel the stripe off #3 to apply it to the car when do I take off #1 ?? After it's on the car ?

Dumb questions but it's stuff like this that I don't want to have to stop my work to ask this weekend (weather permitting)

Thanks
Yep sounds like you have transfer paper on them as well. Bill and mine did NOT have the transfer paper, only the backing paper and vinyl. If you can get someone to help you peel them off the vinyl I would recommend it, as it makes it much easier.

As Bill said do not wet the back of the vinyl until it is separated from the backing paper, or bad things start to happen.

The instructions I received for my rocker panel stripes (which did come with the transfer paper) said to remove the transfer paper AFTER the stripe is installed and has dried some. I personally didn't like the transfer paper as it slowed and complicated the process, but with the pin stripes it was necessary to hold them all in alignment during the install process.

In addition, we had the option to order our stripes with or without the nozel cutouts. We both selected without as, like you, we did NOT want any car color showing around the nozzles. It also gives you a little extra room for error.
Old 9/5/07, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Daryl & Bill

I have my dad to help me out so there will be the two of us. If I need more peeps I'm hosed. But I shouldn't so I'm not too worried(yet)

as for the nozzles I didn't see the option to order without, so I didn't do that. I have what I have. If it has color between the nozzle and the stripe I'll have to live with it...

I'll either be really really happy sunday or really angry.

(NMC)
Right now I hate computers. ARGH.

Trying to get BF2 running on my macbook and first stab didn't take. So I'll have to keep trying. Had it running on my dad's PC but it was so slow and crashed a coupla times I figured that the macbook would be better. There is something I'm missing just don't know what it is
Old 9/5/07, 10:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

(NMC)
Right now I hate computers. ARGH.

Trying to get BF2 running on my macbook and first stab didn't take. So I'll have to keep trying. Had it running on my dad's PC but it was so slow and crashed a coupla times I figured that the macbook would be better. There is something I'm missing just don't know what it is
BF2 is very memory intensive. It will run slow on all but the fastest machines.

It also needs the most up to date drivers and video cards.
Old 9/5/07, 10:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think that's where the macbook dies. It has a built in intel vid card that shares memory, I guess it's not meant to be a gaming machine, and I am only allocating 1gb of 2gb RAM to windows......

I think there is a way to get something running on my G5 Powermac, I just don't want to have to purchase software.. crud.
Old 9/6/07, 07:51 AM
Cobra Member

I think that's where the macbook dies. It has a built in intel vid card that shares memory, I guess it's not meant to be a gaming machine, and I am only allocating 1gb of 2gb RAM to windows......

I think there is a way to get something running on my G5 Powermac, I just don't want to have to purchase software.. crud.
Isn't technology grand........................... Its a plot to get us to all buy, buy, buy............
Old 9/6/07, 08:13 AM
Cobra Member

BF2 is a pain to make work right. I have an oler machine and it loves to crash it. I just got a new monitor http://www.viewsonic.com/products/de...ries/vx2235wm/ and getting BF2 to run and look nice is a pain but I finally got it. Last night I loaded up the latest drivers for my Nvidia card and and the the monitor went crazy. Oh well, I got it to work by rolling back the driver.
Old 9/6/07, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Irwindale Speedway

I'm going to pitch this to Jon our mustang club president for BCMC. This sounds like fun and of course non club members are welcome! and probably needed to make the minimum attendance number

http://www.bcmc.net/

http://www.irwindalespeedway.com/index.asp

Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Old 9/6/07, 09:31 AM

as for the nozzles I didn't see the option to order without, so I didn't do that. I have what I have. If it has color between the nozzle and the stripe I'll have to live with it...

I'll either be really really happy sunday or really angry.
I'm sure it'll be fine Brian. I'm sure Rob put some thought into the nozzle cutouts and didn't make them hideous looking, so don't sweat it.

You've heard it before, but I'll tell you again... patience is key.
If you find yourself loosing it, take a break and walk away.

Give me a call on my cell if you need any moral support.

With the debut of the powerhouse high def Playstation 3 and Xbox Elite consoles, why are you guys still playing PC games?

Playing games thru your keyboard/mouse and watching it on a monitor can't be that much fun, can it?

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm going to pitch this to Jon our mustang club president for BCMC.
Someone here in TMS got this together the last time they had it. Forgot which club was putting it together, but I thought Brian went?

I'm trying to schedule the day off (and get a pass from the wifie) to go to Qualcom with Leo on Friday, Sep. 21st. 1/8 mile track and from what Leo and Brian said, it's pretty fun.
Bill2, interested in this?
Old 9/6/07, 11:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sure it'll be fine Brian. I'm sure Rob put some thought into the nozzle cutouts and didn't make them hideous looking, so don't sweat it.

You've heard it before, but I'll tell you again... patience is key.
If you find yourself loosing it, take a break and walk away.

Give me a call on my cell if you need any moral support.
Yeah I know. Patients er patience... Problem is I'm usually in too much of a hurry to wait for it

With the debut of the powerhouse high def Playstation 3 and Xbox Elite consoles, why are you guys still playing PC games?

Playing games thru your keyboard/mouse and watching it on a monitor can't be that much fun, can it?
I have a PS2 and I know the Xbox or the PS3 is better but for me a PC game is still where it's at. Even with the latest & greatest Medal of Honor through the PS2 the feel, gameplay and look just doesn't compare to the PC..... Maybe the Xbox/PS3 is better, but I'd rather spend the money on go-fast stuff.
Someone here in TMS got this together the last time they had it. Forgot which club was putting it together, but I thought Brian went?

I'm trying to schedule the day off (and get a pass from the wifie) to go to Qualcom with Leo on Friday, Sep. 21st. 1/8 mile track and from what Leo and Brian said, it's pretty fun.
Bill2, interested in this?
I'll TRY to make it. I'll be at the Queen Mary show so Friday is most likely the detail day/night for me. I am guessing that Saturday I'll have to be at the QM doing club stuff.

BTW... I was at the Irwindale Speedway with SoCalStangs.com. It was a friggin blast. I'd do it again in a heartbeat !!
Old 9/6/07, 11:50 AM

Problem is I'm usually in too much of a hurry to wait for it
Me too... like getting screwed by the $200 price drop on my iPhone.

I have a PS2 and I know the Xbox or the PS3 is better but for me a PC game is still where it's at. Even with the latest & greatest Medal of Honor through the PS2 the feel, gameplay and look just doesn't compare to the PC..... Maybe the Xbox/PS3 is better, but I'd rather spend the money on go-fast stuff.
Original Xbox/PS2: Focus
360 Elite/PS3: Mustang

I'm guessing PC gaming falls somewhere in-between.
I don't play video games, but watching Chris play Gears of War via HDMI support on his 32" HD LCD is unreal!

And, I whole heartedly agree on getting go-fast mods first.

I'll TRY to make it. I'll be at the Queen Mary show so Friday is most likely the detail day/night for me. I am guessing that Saturday I'll have to be at the QM doing club stuff.
Going to the QM huh? Good luck to you Brian.
I'm starting to burn. I'm all in for the Sunset show in Nov, then possibly the SD show, but that'll be it for me.

BTW... I was at the Irwindale Speedway with SoCalStangs.com. It was a friggin blast. I'd do it again in a heartbeat !!
I knew you went to one of these events!
Old 9/6/07, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Problem is I'm usually in too much of a hurry to wait for it
Me too... like getting screwed by the $200 price drop on my iPhone.
you need to visit this page...

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)