General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/06, 08:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
On the bottom of the floor mat auction it says: ...
Since I'm got only the rear mats, guess I didn't qualify for the Bubbleliscious.
Old 6/25/06, 02:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Repeat the process for the other side and they look like this when you are done.
Looks good, Daryl! I didn't remove the inner wheel well covers... just the first few screws to allow movement of the covers to access the lights.
Old 6/25/06, 05:49 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Since I'm got only the rear mats, guess I didn't qualify for the Bubbleliscious.
Think they have crimson red mats for the rear?
Old 6/25/06, 06:04 PM

Think they have crimson red mats for the rear?
Dunno. Shoot that guy a message (I think he only checks it once a day) and I'm sure he'll tell you if he can do it. Reading his feedback, it looks like lots of people are happy with their mats.
Old 6/25/06, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, you guys have been busy this weekend. Bill your car looks awesome! Daryl, I love the clears. Tom, I scrolled through but I didn't see full pics. Not done yet? Did you get the new part in?

Unfortunately, I also have been busy this weekend You won't believe this.
Old 6/25/06, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I got rear-ended at a stoplight today. By a woman who had warrants out for her arrest and didn't want to call the police. Needless to say, both Katie and I were really ticked off, so I called the police. They cuffed her and took her in. Her Volvo is still sitting at McDonald's with the broken windshield and two exploded airbags. She showed me her bruised arms from the airbag, but I really didn't care. The colors got off when I tried to downsize the pics with Paint, so I'll post on my Photobucket too. I am so upset that my car is no longer a virgin. I think it will only need bumper replacement, but I'm worried about matching the paint.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-06.25.06-after-fender-bender-001smaller.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-06.25.06-after-fender-bender-002smaller.jpg  
Old 6/25/06, 07:57 PM
GTR Member

First... no I'm not done yet, but the replacement scoop and trim ring came in and they look a lot better... I'll be totally done with pictures by Thursday.

Second... holy crap, that sucks. So sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes OK and everything is taken care of. Don't worry about the color matching... my bumpers are yellow and nobody can really tell. Actually, all Performance White owners complain that the white on the bumper is a tad off color and a little "yellowish". I can see it, but it isn't a big deal.

So, your car is no longer a virgin because it's been nailed from behind? Daryl will have fun with this one!

Your Photobucket pictures don't look that bad...
Old 6/25/06, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

She was barefoot, in her swimsuit top and thong, mushrooming all over the place, hair more fried than Britney Spears', smoking her ciggy, on her cell phone, no insurance. I called the cops mainly so I could get her information, knowing that she'd likely give me a fake name and number. I can't find her in online searches, but I would love to know what the warrants were for. And here I was worried about getting a ticket for no front LP. They were obviously worried about bigger things than my license plate.
Old 6/25/06, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

(Not that I'm judgmental or anything) 0
Old 6/25/06, 08:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
A good body shop can always match NEW paint. It's the old stuff they have trouble with. You lucked out that it was only the bumper (no metal). When the kids brand new Hyundai got hit at slow speed it crunched metal and the fix wasn't perfect. The body shop manager said,"Oh, no one will notice if it's off by an 8th of an inch." Well the kids don't but I sure do.
Get a body shop that knows how to do the plastic stuff well. Don't just trust your insurance company.
Good Luck
Old 6/25/06, 08:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
P.S.
There is a difference between being judgemental and being SMART.
I think you are SMART.
Old 6/25/06, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
I got rear-ended at a stoplight today...

I think it will only need bumper replacement, but I'm worried about matching the paint.

Thax sux big time, Susan. So sorry that happened to your baby. There's nothing good about it, but at least they threw her in the slammer. Like Tom said, I can see the damaged area, but it doesn't look too bad. I've seen pics of other 05/06 that fell victim to accidents and they were in much worse conditions, sometimes undrivable. Most importantly, you and Katie are okay.

Hope that your repairs are done quickly and without any flaws too. For sure check out the body shop and the type of vehicles that are going through there.

Thanks for the compliments on my Shaker.
Old 6/25/06, 11:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by karman
P.S.
There is a difference between being judgemental and being SMART.
I think you are SMART.
Aww, is that a line? If it is, I'm bitin'!
Old 6/26/06, 07:56 AM

I just placed my order via phone. Unfortunately, Saleen goes to the same school of shipping as Steeda; they can't tell me what the shipping cost is until it ships!
Saleen shifter kit received. Shipping cost was $9.26 via FedEx ground.

Kit came in 3 pieces; block, bushing and a bolt.

This mod is currently on the back burner until I complete the Shaker Cold Air routing and other small misc adjustments.
Old 6/26/06, 10:43 AM
GTR Member

Well, I think I'll hold the record for the longest shaker install... going on 2 weeks now! Of course, this was due to working overtime, being sick, and having friends visit. D a m n friends...

So, before lunch and going to work, I just cut out the hole in the insulation (one more step closer now). I was concerned about this part, actually. Didn't want to leave too little of a lip and have the insulation "pop" out of the inner trim ring (1/2" doesn't sound like much). So, instead of 1/2", I left a little more. Being that it is just foam, it will conform nicely once the 2 pieces snap together and the rivets are installed.

Actually, I won't have completed pics until Friday. I'll be done Wednesday or Thursday, but my wife is taking the camera to a conference in New Joysey until Thursday night. D a m n wife...
Old 6/26/06, 10:56 AM

Well, I think I'll hold the record for the longest shaker install... going on 2 weeks now! Of course, this was due to working overtime, being sick, and having friends visit. D a m n friends...

So, before lunch and going to work, I just cut out the hole in the insulation (one more step closer now). I was concerned about this part, actually. Didn't want to leave too little of a lip and have the insulation "pop" out of the inner trim ring (1/2" doesn't sound like much). So, instead of 1/2", I left a little more. Being that it is just foam, it will conform nicely once the 2 pieces snap together and the rivets are installed.

Actually, I won't have completed pics until Friday. I'll be done Wednesday or Thursday, but my wife is taking the camera to a conference in New Joysey until Thursday night. D a m n wife...
Excuses.. excuses... j/k

Cutting out that liner was a bit weird. The outline marking from the opening of the upper trim ring doesn't match up perfectly with the lower trim ring laying over it. And after measuring 1/2" in from the lower ring, it really doesn't look right. After I trimmed out my hole (in the liner!), it looked too big and I thought I messed up somewhere. But, in the end, all was fine.

Time to cut loose on a non-Mustang mod, Tom.
Old 6/26/06, 11:00 AM
GTR Member

Remember... I traced the hole in the hood onto the liner without the outer trim ring installed... did you? When I took the insulation back down, the inner trim ring lined up almost perfectly, but didn't lay right (because some of the stuff that would be cut out was in the way).

No matter what, I guess there is a lot of room for error and we would have to be way off for the insulation to come out of the inner trim ring.

Is there a price for that camera?
Old 6/26/06, 11:17 AM

Remember... I traced the hole in the hood onto the liner without the outer trim ring installed... did you?

Is there a price for that camera?
Tom- You made my heart skip a beat!

Per CDC's direction:
"Temporarily reinstall hood blanket to bottom of hood using original fasteners and trace inside of Upper Trim Ring on to the hood blanket. Remove hood blanket and set on bench. (A white grease pencil works best.)"

I've seen the Canon SD630 go as low as $367 on sale. I have my eyes set on this one!
Old 6/26/06, 11:47 AM
GTR Member

Tom- You made my heart skip a beat!

Per CDC's direction:
"Temporarily reinstall hood blanket to bottom of hood using original fasteners and trace inside of Upper Trim Ring on to the hood blanket. Remove hood blanket and set on bench. (A white grease pencil works best.)"
They also tell you to install the trim ring right away, too.

I make up my own directions as I see fit.
Old 6/26/06, 12:00 PM

I make up my own directions as I see fit.
I deviated too.

In fact, I never used the airbox template. Even added an additional hole in the shroud!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)