General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/07, 05:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
What you guys think of this stripe design PS'd for me on my louver/stripe thread? Cool? Or too V6 like?

edit: Now that I think about it, do they even make a vinyl stripe that actually fades? My luck, it's only paint.
I think it looks good, too. The way they fade vinyl is by making, in your case, less and less white dots, from solid down to none. There is still vinyl to the end, but it's clear. That's the way my '03 was.
Old 3/6/07, 05:12 AM
Cobra R Member

What you guys think of this stripe design PS'd for me on my louver/stripe thread? Cool? Or too V6 like?

edit: Now that I think about it, do they even make a vinyl stripe that actually fades? My luck, it's only paint.
Yes, there is a side stripe that actually fades. Unfortunately, I don't think it was in white, but they put it on some 04 mustang V6's as a package. I've only seen it a couple of times, and it was a black (or gray, I don't remember) fade.

The new (06 or 07) Xtreme Colorado has a neat fade stripe (Via ebay). Unfortunately, I think it's only black or gray, and when I called a chevy dealer, they said you had to get the whole Xtreme package, which is about $700 . I would think that you could get JUST the decal, but maybe not.

If you find someone that can duplicate it, let me know:
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-stripe.jpg  
Old 3/6/07, 07:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
If you find someone that can duplicate it, let me know:
Ever try Graphic Express? I think Tom mentioned that they do custom designs.

I like that fade design too.
Old 3/6/07, 07:28 AM
GTR Member

I haven't said anything up until now, but I have been up in the air about the Aeroform Sport Bar since I installed it and saw it in person.

I'm just really not liking it.

I won't make a rash decision, but maybe it's because it really serves no purpose. If it had a brake light, that would at least be a purpose. If it provided roll over protection, then that would be a purpose.

Maybe I liked the look of the car so much before it, that now it seems out of place.

I've already emailed Kevin asking for the price of replacement trim pieces in case I decide to take it off.
Old 3/6/07, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'm just really not liking it.
Sorry to hear that, Tom. Don't want to cruise around with it til Summer and and see if the look will grow on you?

Not all mods need to be functional. I think this bar is meant to be pure aesthetic over function. Even if it came with a brakelight, you'd probably hate it because it'll be a 4th light.

But, don't worry Tom.. if I find that GE makes a better fade stripe, my S-style stripe will be short lived as well, except I'll only be out $25.
Old 3/6/07, 08:13 AM
GTR Member

Sorry to hear that, Tom. Don't want to cruise around with it til Summer and and see if the look will grow on you?
I'm still thinking about it.

Not all mods need to be functional. I think this bar is meant to be pure aesthetic over function. Even if it came with a brakelight, you'd probably hate it because it'll be a 4th light.
But it wouldn't be. I'd use WebElectric's kit to make only the deck lid brake light work with the top up, and only the light bar brake light work with the top down.

But, don't worry Tom.. if I find that GE makes a better fade stripe, my S-style stripe will be short lived as well, except I'll only be out $25.
I have a feeling with the trouble I had with the bar (even the 2nd one has blemishes), that Steve will take it back.
Old 3/6/07, 08:26 AM

For some reason, I think you'll come to a decision by the end of the week (or sooner). Once a certain image gets into your head, it's hard to shake it. Attachment 20968

But it wouldn't be. I'd use WebElectric's kit to make only the deck lid brake light work with the top up, and only the light bar brake light work with the top down.
That would look cool. But, not all who follow you will understand that, and think that your new (as in 2006) trunk mounted light is burned out.

I have a feeling with the trouble I had with the bar (even the 2nd one has blemishes), that Steve will take it back.
Think BSM will take back my stripes?
Attached Images  
Old 3/6/07, 08:31 AM
GTR Member

For some reason, I think you'll come to a decision by the end of the week (or sooner). Once a certain image gets into your head, it's hard to shake it.
Yeah, I told Bill that my wife thinks it looks like a baby carriage handle... (or perhaps a picnic basket handle). This didn't make me feel the way I do about it... I was having the up in the air thoughts already.
Old 3/6/07, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my wife thinks it looks like a baby carriage handle... (or perhaps a picnic basket handle). This didn't make me feel the way I do about it... I was having the up in the air thoughts already.
ouch.
Old 3/6/07, 09:09 AM

... my wife thinks it looks like a baby carriage handle... (or perhaps a picnic basket handle).

I've been insulted worse by the wife. When I first installed my SHR fuel door, she said it looked 'ghetto!'.

Well, she may have been right cuz I be Big Pimpin' yo!!
Old 3/6/07, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- Sorry to hear your having second thoughts on the bar. I think it looks cool. When I had my vert that was something I always wanted but traded it before I got that far.
Old 3/6/07, 01:35 PM

I already told Leo, but I've found the place that sells the GT/CS graphics. It's meant for the center of the door, but I'm sure it'll work on the rocker (with slight trimming).

Auto Trim Design

I'm just a bit confused between part numbers H57 and H58, does the H57 stripe kit have holes for the emblem?

Only problem (for Leo) is they're not available in Grey or Charcoal... unless they can do a custom order.
Old 3/6/07, 02:25 PM
GTR Member

I'm just a bit confused between part numbers H57 and H58, does the H57 stripe kit have holes for the emblem?
Yes:

If your Mustang DOES NOT have a factory installed "GT" or "Pony" emblem on the front fenders, select from part numbers ATD-FRDMSTNGGRPH58 or ATD-FRDMSTNGGRPH59 (with "Mustang" script badging).

If your Mustang DOES have a factory installed "GT" or "Pony" emblem on the front fenders, part number ATD-FRDMSTNGGRPH57 is the only graphic kit that will work for your application.

So you want H57.

Old 3/6/07, 02:34 PM

So you want H57.
Only thing I need now is another $100.
My first $100 went to my Sticky Pod.

I e-mailed a few graphic shops this morning about the fade stripe. One place replied saying that it must be done on printable vinyl, meaning both white and red are printed on a non-transparent vinyl.

I wonder if the above linked fade stripe is more of a 'clear' sticker where the white is just inked on.
Old 3/6/07, 02:41 PM
GTR Member

I e-mailed a few graphic shops this morning about the fade stripe. One place replied saying that it must be done on printable vinyl, meaning both white and red are printed on a non-transparent vinyl.
That's BS. My silver stripes that I got for the 03 GT could have gone on any color car. There was no Redfire Metallic vinyl to match the paint.
Old 3/6/07, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those would look good IMO Bill.
The way I read it is:

H57 Accommodates Badges (Either two pieces or holes) My guess would be two pieces with a gap for the badges.

H58 No badges NO Script

H59 No Badges w/Mustang Script

$96.95 for two stripes !!
Old 3/6/07, 02:48 PM

That's BS. My silver stripes that I got for the 03 GT could have gone on any color car. There was no Redfire Metallic vinyl to match the paint.
So what you're saying is that this fade stripe that Auto trim Design is selling isn't made from 3M Automotive Grade vinyl, but is a transparent, silkscreened plastic/mylar decal? If so, I wonder how well the 'white' silkscreen will match up to the Gloss White racing stripes?
Old 3/6/07, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

To many ifs I think I'm just going to go with the $30 BSM stripe. Worst case scenario about $30.

Spent about 4 hours making it but my Profile on Cardomain is finally done. Check it out and throw some 5stars my way.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2587295
Old 3/6/07, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

For some reason, I think you'll come to a decision by the end of the week (or sooner). Once a certain image gets into your head, it's hard to shake it.
I understand what your going through Tom. I look at pics of my car without the bar, and think that it looks good without it. But, it also looks good with it, just different. But, keep in mind that you can easily remove the bar for a short time if desired. I believe that Steve was making a billet insert to put opening to cover the hole when the bar is removed, but I'm not sure if it was ever produced. or, you could just put the new trim pieces over it if you wanted.

That would look cool. But, not all who follow you will understand that, and think that your new (as in 2006) trunk mounted light is burned out.
I agree with Bill that people may think that the light is burnt out, and I think that all four lit looks weird. One of the reasons that I like the aeroform bar is that there isn't a "Fourth" brake light, which mean easier install and less goofy.

Think BSM will take back my stripes?
I'm sorry to hear that the second one has blemishes as well.
Old 3/6/07, 04:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom,you should have thought the bar over a while before purchasing ..Oh well. Let me know what kevin charges for panels .Just curious.
When is the Fantasy of Flight show BTW?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)