General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/07, 02:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a sacle of 1-10 my thoughts on the stripes and louvers.

Stripes-8 After seeing the final pics I think it actually looks pretty good.

Louvers-2 I perfer the look of your car without the louvers. The contrast of the black tint on the 1/4 with the rest of the car looked better IMO. Remember our chat of too much red or in my case to much black on the side profile.

I'll be in Hawthorne next week maybe I can stop by and get an up close look.
Old 3/4/07, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like you got yourself a whole new car,
Old 3/4/07, 04:08 PM
GTR Member

Bill, heres what I would do if I had your car:
1.leave louvers
2.Get shelby side striping in white that says GT300(or whatever # you get up to)
3.Replace gt badges with pony badges(to avoid repetitive "GT")
4 Go with original gas cap cover(IMO billet one ruins the lines of your car)
I think it would look awesome w/out looking like you were trying to do too much.Once again this is JMO EDIT: This style striping
Old 3/4/07, 04:43 PM
Cobra R Member

OK everyone, I posted pics of the chin spoiler. Here is the TMS thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61131
Old 3/4/07, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

My .02 on your car Bill...
Side stripes - meh, could take em or leave em.
Louvers, I like. Leo's got a point but louvers just look right on a Mustang.

Mike on getting the GT500 chin spoiler/splitter. Looks good
Old 3/4/07, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Complete!

I'm satisfied on how the side of the car looks now. I will keep it this way for a while and see what kind of feedback I get from those seeing it in person. More importantly, Chris digs it!
Bill, I think the car looks good

BTW, you need to update your sig
Old 3/4/07, 06:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
3.Replace gt badges with pony badges
When did Bill get a V6?

------------------------

I'm way too tired tonight to post pictures after two days in the sun (today more than yesterday).

The '89 received one of the Best of Show awards on Saturday, and today it got the Track Choice award.

Saturday was just voting by participants. Everybody that entered a vehicle picked their favorite 25 vehicles in the show. I keep saying 'vehicles' because everybody was in it together - Mustangs new and old, Focuses, Trucks, Probes, Saleens, Roushes, etc, etc. At the end of the day, in no order, they announced the 25 vehicles with the most votes. Perry and Jackie also got one.

Today had more of a variety of awards. The Track Choice award was presented by the people who run Orlando Speedworld, so that one was pretty cool to get.

The '06 didn't get anything. It draws a lot of attention, but more and more people are getting Shakers and they are becoming less of a big deal. More radical things are being done and those cars are getting the awards. I told P & J that maybe the '89 being right next to it with it's lights flashing and siren blaring at times makes people notice the '06 less.

Perry and Jackie will agree with me - if you want an almost guaranteed trophy, vertical doors are the way to go. Every S197 Mustang with vertical doors, except one, received some sort of award this weekend. Today, an 05 or 06 Mustang with vertical doors received the overall Best of Show trophy. It was almost as tall as me. The guy had to take it apart to fit it in his car to take it home.
Old 3/4/07, 06:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
When did Bill get a V6?

------------------------

I'm way too tired tonight to post pictures after two days in the sun (today more than yesterday).

The '89 received one of the Best of Show awards on Saturday, and today it got the Track Choice award.

Saturday was just voting by participants. Everybody that entered a vehicle picked their favorite 25 vehicles in the show. I keep saying 'vehicles' because everybody was in it together - Mustangs new and old, Focuses, Trucks, Probes, Saleens, Roushes, etc, etc. At the end of the day, in no order, they announced the 25 vehicles with the most votes. Perry and Jackie also got one.

Today had more of a variety of awards. The Track Choice award was presented by the people who run Orlando Speedworld, so that one was pretty cool to get.

The '06 didn't get anything. It draws a lot of attention, but more and more people are getting Shakers and they are becoming less of a big deal. More radical things are being done and those cars are getting the awards. I told P & J that maybe the '89 being right next to it with it's lights flashing and siren blaring at times makes people notice the '06 less.

Perry and Jackie will agree with me - if you want an almost guaranteed trophy, vertical doors are the way to go. Every S197 Mustang with vertical doors, except one, received some sort of award this weekend. Today, an 05 or 06 Mustang with vertical doors received the overall Best of Show trophy. It was almost as tall as me. The guy had to take it apart to fit it in his car to take it home.
Ha Ha funny man! BTW I ordered pony badges. I like the way they look. You know how that goes..liking something that not everyone else is crazy about
Old 3/4/07, 07:03 PM
GTR Member

You know how that goes..liking something that not everyone else is crazy about
True that.
Old 3/4/07, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom - I love the bar. Sorry it's not just right, but glad you're getting a new one. Also, congrats on those awards!

Bill - I like the new stripes and louvres.

Hi everyone else! Hi all the new names!
Old 3/4/07, 07:23 PM
GTR Member

Hi, Susan! Thanks!

Bill - I'd like to see something more like on my '03 GT (maybe without the lettering):

The 'squares' look good, but a little too small, IMO.

The louvers look good, though. Leo has a good point about getting too much red (like you told me about too much black), but this is another personal opinion area.
Old 3/4/07, 07:31 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
OK everyone, I posted pics of the chin spoiler. Here is the TMS thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61131
Almost missed this post... I think it looks good!
Old 3/4/07, 08:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Mike.. Spoiler looks good.

Tom.. Sounds like a fun weekend! Hope you didn't get too sunburned. I like your old 03 rocker stripes, except for the hard break in the middle. Also like the current Saleen production rocker stripes, but they're not available in white, not to mention an outrageous $90+ for them.

Chuck.. I just can't think of any text that I want, that's why I didn't lay any down.

Leo.. Yes, let's see if we can hook up next weekend so you can see my 'new look' in person.

Brian, Ray & Susan.. Thanks!

Well, thanks for everyone's input on the stripes and louvers. I don't think it's an issue with crossing 'the line', but more of a personal choice issue, so it's neither right nor wrong going with these mods.

I like both for now.. maybe because it's a different new look to me.
Old 3/4/07, 08:36 PM
GTR Member

Bill, I edited #6683 with pic.
Old 3/4/07, 08:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom-Congrats.

Mike-Good job on the GT500 spoiler.

Bill-I agree with Tom the Saleen stripe would look better extended a little further.
Old 3/4/07, 10:26 PM

EDIT: This style striping...
I thought about full length stripes, but decided on something more subtle.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-I agree with Tom the Saleen stripe would look better extended a little further.
I don't think Tom's 03 had Saleen stripes, just the GT factory stripes.

Too bad the Saleen ones aren't available in white.

link

These are the stripes I really like (on the car )
Attachment 20885
Attached Images  
Old 3/5/07, 05:35 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I don't think Tom's 03 had Saleen stripes, just the GT factory stripes.
Those are Saleen style stripes with just different text.

Here is the car from the factory:

Old 3/5/07, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Those are Saleen style stripes with just different text.
Oops.

Well, regardless, since they're not available in Gloss White, the topic is moot.
Old 3/5/07, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mike.. Spoiler looks good.
+1 You got a lot of patience my friend.

Tom.. Sounds like a fun weekend! Hope you didn't get too sunburned.
Congrats Tom, can't believe you didn't get anything with the '06. Must be those **** Floridians screwed up sense of taste. (Vertical Doors : Good God)

Chuck.. I just can't think of any text that I want, that's why I didn't lay any down.
BadAss GT

Leo.. Yes, let's see if we can hook up next weekend so you can see my 'new look' in person.
They had a special on "Hooking Up" on the Today show this morning (Having sex with no emotional ties)
I am now very nervous about Bill & Leo.

Brian, Ray & Susan.. Thanks!
Long time no hear Susan !!

Well, thanks for everyone's input on the stripes and louvers. I don't think it's an issue with crossing 'the line', but more of a personal choice issue, so it's neither right nor wrong going with these mods.

OK Bill this is the first modification you have done that I do not like. The stripes are just not long enough. When I look at the profile of your car, my eyes slam to the gas cap & Stripes. I love the louvers, but just not sold on the stripes. I think the style Tom had would look really good, but then again it's not my car.
Old 3/5/07, 08:09 AM

BadAss GT
No way! If I did that, people will think I'm an a$$!

They had a special on "Hooking Up" on the Today show this morning (Having sex with no emotional ties)
I am now very nervous about Bill & Leo.
Don't be startin' no rumors, Daryl!

OK Bill this is the first modification you have done that I do not like. The stripes are just not long enough. When I look at the profile of your car, my eyes slam to the gas cap & Stripes...
Wow! Who knew that these mods would stir up such a debate! I'd say that it about 50/50 so far.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)