General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/07, 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
They mean a 1/2" gap in the tape for drainage, not a 1/2" gap between the louver and the body. I wouldn't like it if it didn't contour perfectly.
Hmm.. I guess your right. I'm going to assume it's just the Body shops screw up then. I'll have to look for more pics of CDC louvers and see if they have the same gap.
Old 3/8/07, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I don't think it's out of his league considering he switched out his own DS and installed cmcve delete plates.
Nintendo DS?

Hmm.. I guess your right. I'm going to assume it's just the Body shops screw up then. I'll have to look for more pics of CDC louvers and see if they have the same gap.
That link I posted to Adrenalin's car a few pages back is a good example on where it should be located.
Old 3/8/07, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nintendo DS?

No Smart A$$ a Drive shaft.

That link I posted to Adrenalin's car a few pages back is a good example on where it should be located.

Here's a link to pics of his car and some other car.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=35039

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyyankee/Stang01006.jpg

I'm going to start a new thread to if I can get more pics.
Old 3/8/07, 12:05 PM

Nintendo DS?

Touchy, Touchy!!

By a show of hands, how many people here knew 'DS' stood for Drive Shaft? I for one, did not.
Old 3/8/07, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nintendo DS?

Touchy, Touchy!!

By a show of hands, how many people here knew 'DS' stood for Drive Shaft? I for one, did not.
Old 3/8/07, 03:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got my left tower cover replacement from MWAG. I called them Monday and it's here today. I'm speechless. They sent me a new one with a small piece of clear 3m protectant. It's like one of those 3m bras you can buy for the your car. Can you see it?? Yes. Is it an eyesore? No. Can I remove it for show? Yup and that's what I'll do.
Old 3/8/07, 03:15 PM

Just got my left tower cover replacement from MWAG. I called them Monday and it's here today. I'm speechless. They sent me a new one with a small piece of clear 3m protectant. It's like one of those 3m bras you can buy for the your car. Can you see it?? Yes. Is it an eyesore? No. Can I remove it for show? Yup and that's what I'll do.
We call it Mylar in the airplane biz.

Post up a pic if you get the chance.
Old 3/8/07, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

If you are willing to do that, and since you LOVE the old ones so much, why don't you just pop them on at a show?

They are still the closest paint match for me and I only have a teeny tiny mark on mine, so I'm thinking about doing that, myself. What'll it take? 5 seconds a side? Takes me longer than that to put down the top - 13 seconds.
Old 3/8/07, 03:30 PM
GTR Member

Brian, your H-Pipe was delivered at 1:11pm.
Old 3/8/07, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We call it Mylar in the airplane biz.

Post up a pic if you get the chance.
Will do.

If you are willing to do that, and since you LOVE the old ones so much, why don't you just pop them on at a show?

They are still the closest paint match for me and I only have a teeny tiny mark on mine, so I'm thinking about doing that, myself. What'll it take? 5 seconds a side? Takes me longer than that to put down the top - 13 seconds.
I no longer have the old ones I shipped those back. Even though they didn't ask for them. As far as taking them on and off I tried that with the old ones and ended up forgetting them for what was luckly only a club get together. I can live with having to remove a small piece of tape and reapplying it before closing the hood. I may just remove they're "mylar" and put a couple strips of masking tape as that's alot easier to take off.
Old 3/8/07, 03:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Creepy.

BTW-Looks like I'll be getting my louvers (already painted) for a grand total of $101.12 S&H included. I hope to have them by the end of next week if all goes well.

Old 3/8/07, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-Finally got a hold of Ducktail dude today only to find out he decided to install it.

If it makes you feel any better listen to this horror story of what's happened to his car in the last couple of weeks. Keep in mind he's had this car for a little over a month.

He took his car to "Drew Ford" here in SD to get stripes put on. Well while it was there a truck backed into his rear bumper. So while they were getting him a new bumper another truck backed into his un protected bumper pushing his car into a wall and messing up the front bumper. So a few days pass and they've fixed the car. Well guess what a can of something hits and scrapes his door. They're fixing that. The craziest part of all is that he's still leaving it there for them to do his stripes.

I've got my suspicions that what the dealer told him happened is BS. Regardless I won't be taking my Stang anywhere near that dealership again. I'm sad to say that's where I got my first two oil changes done.
Old 3/8/07, 04:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great News
Neighbors don't need to sleep in, right
<MrBurns> Excellent</MrBurns>

BTW, Leo or Bill?? No I'm not gonna wimp out. It's going on the car :evil:
Old 3/8/07, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian-Finally got a hold of Ducktail dude today only to find out he decided to install it.

If it makes you feel any better listen to this horror story of what's happened to his car in the last couple of weeks. Keep in mind he's had this car for a little over a month.

He took his car to "Drew Ford" here in SD to get stripes put on. Well while it was there a truck backed into his rear bumper. So while they were getting him a new bumper another truck backed into his un protected bumper pushing his car into a wall and messing up the front bumper. So a few days pass and they've fixed the car. Well guess what a can of something hits and scrapes his door. They're fixing that. The craziest part of all is that he's still leaving it there for them to do his stripes.

I've got my suspicions that what the dealer told him happened is BS. Regardless I won't be taking my Stang anywhere near that dealership again. I'm sad to say that's where I got my first two oil changes done.
Wow. I'd have that dealer fix the car and then back s-l-o-w-l-y away never to return.
I was gonna complain that I haven't gotten the CAI/Tunes from Doug like I wanted when I got the pipes... reading this my story ain't so bad.

Anyone need a CDC 3rd brake light. New in box, never installed ?
Old 3/8/07, 04:57 PM

The craziest part of all is that he's still leaving it there for them to do his stripes.
Only a month old and they're replacing bumpers, repainting stuff, and fixing his door? I'm sorry, I would loose all interest in that 'new' car if that was me.

Unless something happens to my car that's beyond my capabilities of fixing, it'll never see a service bay at a Dealership.
Old 3/8/07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I was gonna complain that I haven't gotten the CAI/Tunes from Doug like I wanted when I got the pipes... reading this my story ain't so bad.
Don't sweat about not having a tune yet. Go right ahead and install the H, at worst, the CEL will stare you in the face.
Old 3/8/07, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow. I'd have that dealer fix the car and then back s-l-o-w-l-y away never to return.

Anyone need a CDC 3rd brake light. New in box, never installed ?
So your not going the CDC ducktial route?? It's still cheaper than buying an SSE and then having to get it painted.

Don't sweat about not having a tune yet. Go right ahead and install the H, at worst, the CEL will stare you in the face.
+1 Installed mine before I got the tune. I think I drove it around for a week or more w/o a tune. It's not a big deal install your H-pipe and go enjoy it.
Old 3/8/07, 05:08 PM
GTR Member

BTW, Leo or Bill?? No I'm not gonna wimp out. It's going on the car :evil:
Oh, I didn't wimp out from how loud it was. It sounded great when it started up and during a drive-by.

It was just that "sounds like the car is falling apart on the inside of the car" sound that I wasn't particularly fond of.

Remember - the vert may have caused the difference.

Dave (the guy who drives the '89 to shows) said I was nuts for wanting to take it off. So on the way back from Tampa I told him to drive the '06. 1 hour later he was telling me to get that POS off of there.

Brian - not trying to scare you (and I've said all this before), but you'll have to make up your mind for yourself.
Old 3/8/07, 05:14 PM

Dave (the guy who drives the '89 to shows) said I was nuts for wanting to take it off. So on the way back from Tampa I told him to drive the '06. 1 hour later he was telling me to get that POS off of there.
Tom & Dave = old farts

Brian, don't let Tom and his nonsense stories deter you. The Pypes O/R-H is awesome! Convinced you into getting one, right?
Old 3/8/07, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

O/R H Love or Hate it. GB say's it best.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)