General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/07, 10:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
There's something I'm thinking about doing that I know I would get a lot of flak for. Mind you, I said thinking. I have always liked the idea even though a lot of people consider it to be "rice".

Even though I still can't figure out how a Lamborghini is rice?

Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.
Not entirely sure this will be a good mod for you, Tom. Mike, Brian, and Leo all mentioned some pretty sound reasons on why NOT to do it.

You may see one up close this weekend. It'll be the perfect chance to closely examine the kit and talk to owners of them.
Old 3/1/07, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Bill, you're getting really good at that photo taking thing!
Thanks Ray! Coming from you, that's a pretty big compliment!
Old 3/1/07, 10:17 PM

Paxton with Shaker!

If I had some disposable income.. and I mean a lot of it, this Paxton set-up looks awful tempting!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...83&postcount=8
Old 3/1/07, 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-10 on the verticle doors. I've seen a couple stangs at shows with them by god they are fugly, rice and wrong.

Thanks for the compliments on the mirror covers. Now that they're on it looks so natural that I should have done this earlier.

Bill, if it were me and I was gonna add a supercharger of some sort I'd consider the Whipple/FRPP, Kenne Bell and that's about it. Something about the centrifical blowers are just wrong. If you're going that route you should do a turbo. But blowers are meant to be on top of the intake.
Old 3/1/07, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by habu
Bill, if it were me and I was gonna add a supercharger of some sort I'd consider the Whipple/FRPP, Kenne Bell and that's about it. Something about the centrifical blowers are just wrong. If you're going that route you should do a turbo. But blowers are meant to be on top of the intake.
Brian, I know what you mean, and my first choice is the Saleen Twin-Screw. But, they just don't look good when coupled to the CDC Shaker. The centri blowers just seem to integrate much smoother to the Shaker shroud.

I'm not looking to squeeze out max power from the S/C, just want that extra Hawaiian Punch!

Listen to me... sounds like I got the cash to make this happen! I'm obviously delirious!
Old 3/2/07, 05:28 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx
FYI, Mr. Grammar, it's spelled VERTICAL, not verticle
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Wow that's twice in one day Mr.Grammar's been corrected. That's unheard of. Your obviously not feeling well and need medical attention.
When was the first time? Like I've said before, I'm not Mr. Spelling. There is a difference.

Most of what I get corected on is spellng errers.
Old 3/2/07, 05:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by habu
I don't think there's anything wrong with centrifical blowers. I would put one of those on before a screw-type, but only because of the Shaker. If we hadn't gone the Shaker route, then I would definitely go screw-type before centrifical.
Old 3/2/07, 07:13 AM

Most of what I get corected on is spelling errers.

Don't worry Tom, I've been known to mis-spell a word or two.

This quote pretty much sums it up..

When you consider that the English spelling system is the most inconsistent, illogical and often plain barmy alphabetic spelling system in the world, and that there are hardly any reliable rules for spelling words properly, it's amazing how well we do spell.

If we hadn't gone the Shaker route, then I would definitely go screw-type before centrifical.
Amen to that.

But, I credit the Shaker for making my car stand out from the rest. I'm not saying it's better, just different.
Old 3/2/07, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tom, I would say absolutely NOT on the Vertical doors. I wouldn't call it rice, per say, but unless it's on a vehicle such as the Lamborghini, it just doesn't look right.

The Mirror inserts look good I might have to break down and buy those
Old 3/2/07, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Or, I could give you Brian's address.
Old 3/2/07, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Brian, I know what you mean, and my first choice is the Saleen Twin-Screw. But, they just don't look good when coupled to the CDC Shaker. The centri blowers just seem to integrate much smoother to the Shaker shroud.

I'm not looking to squeeze out max power from the S/C, just want that extra Hawaiian Punch!

Listen to me... sounds like I got the cash to make this happen! I'm obviously delirious
I don't think there's anything wrong with centrifical blowers. I would put one of those on before a screw-type, but only because of the Shaker. If we hadn't gone the Shaker route, then I would definitely go screw-type before centrifical.
They do get the job done and I suppose they're not turbos so...
The hot-rodder in me just cringes at them. They do integrate a little better, but look at that horrible intake path on the link that Bill lncluded. I know it makes power it just seems so restrictive.

But when you've got a couple grand to toss about we can worry about it then, much like when I have several grand to get my whipple
Old 3/2/07, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Thanks !
The jury was our for me still about them and I figured what the heck. Now, IMO, they look like they have always belonged on the car. I can take more pics if you need close-ups or whatever.

Crud... gotta head off to work. , if it wasn't for that paycheck thing....
Old 3/2/07, 08:44 AM

S-Type BSM rocker stripes are in!

Poll time..

I got my BSM rocker stripes, now need to know where to place them on the rocker.

(per Daryl) Rocker height is 5". Stripe kit is less, maybe 3".

2 part question;
Should the stripe be centered in height like this? Attachment 20621

Or, spaced more to the bottom, thus giving more space on top.. like this Attachment 20622

And finally, would it look better closer to the door edge line or give it at least 1/2" to 3/4" spacing from it? (see above pics for reference)

Just trying to gather some opinions, no one is right or wrong, so feel free to give me your 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-s1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/2/07, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

2 part question;
Should the stripe be centered in height like this?
Or, spaced more to the bottom, thus giving more space on top
Centered

And finally, would it look better closer to the door edge line or give it at least 1/2" to 3/4" spacing from it?
At least 3/4"

This is MY reserved color.
Old 3/2/07, 10:58 AM
GTR Member

2 part question;
Should the stripe be centered in height like this?
Or, spaced more to the bottom, thus giving more space on top
Centered
Agreed

And finally, would it look better closer to the door edge line or give it at least 1/2" to 3/4" spacing from it?
At least 3/4"
Agreed
Old 3/2/07, 11:03 AM
GTR Member

Aeroform bar is installed! I have too much to do today getting two cars cleaned and ready for a car show to post a write-up. Maybe Monday.

I did have two problems with the bar. There is an ugly spot on the one side that will not come off:

Attachment 20631 Attachment 20632

and the part that contact the car is very jagged on one side and smooth on the other. Two pictures of the same side:

Attachment 20633 Attachment 20634

This always seems to happen to me (remember the Shaker?). I don't think I'm being too picky, and neither does Steve at Aeroform. He wants to overnight me one so I'll have it for tomorrow's show. I told him that was awesome customer service, but to just send it regular Fed-Ex.

Here are some pictures:

Attachment 20635 Attachment 20636 Attachment 20637
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5175.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5178.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5198.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5199.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5200.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5202.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5204.jpg  
Old 3/2/07, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Aeroform bar is installed! I have too much to do today getting two cars cleaned and ready for a car show to post a write-up. Maybe Monday.

I did have two problems with the bar. There is an ugly spot on the one side that will not come off:
Well that sucks about the ugly spot and the jagged edge, but it sounds like great customer service and the bar looks fantastic !!
Black was definitely the right color choice for it too.
Old 3/2/07, 11:52 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Tom , I Approve!!

Looks great.
Old 3/2/07, 12:13 PM

Daryl, you've finally been inducted into the Hotlinks thread!

I'm sure many will find the Rocker Stripe Install instructions handy.

I still have to load the DRL instructions.. that'll be inducted too.
Old 3/2/07, 12:19 PM

... and the part that contact the car is very jagged on one side and smooth on the other. Two pictures of the same side:

This always seems to happen to me (remember the Shaker?).
Will some Z-16 over the entire bar help hide that spot a little better?

I agree, I don't know how that jagged surface passed their QA. Well, at least a new one will be on its way.

I remember the Shaker issue you had.

Other than that, looks great!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)