Search this Thread

Old 5/25/12, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the problem is you have an automatic

Old 5/26/12, 05:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
its only because my legs are to weak to push that clutch pedal in.
Old 5/27/12, 09:38 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Anybody ever get e TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT?? I got that yesterday where I was on the Road to Grissom AF Base. IT would come and go. Looked it up on the net and it could possibly be a bad sensor or battery going out. Didn't realize that the batteries on the TPMS were only good for 5 years than they need to be replace at your cost.

Mixed up 80 bags of concrete yesterday to patch up the SCCA coarse at Grissom. They let us use the old stand by tarmac there. It's the place were the refueling jets were at the ready for emercency (Atomic war). They have this old bunker building at the edge that is closed down due to old abestous and other things.

Last edited by dly; 5/27/12 at 09:47 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 09:48 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Forgot the picture
Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-2012-05-26_13-26-11_238.jpg
Old 5/27/12, 09:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going for a retro look with these wheels...
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-car.jpg  
Old 5/28/12, 11:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
thats retro alright!
Old 5/28/12, 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm the only one old enough to remember retro..........Looks good Chris. Where did you find them???
Old 5/28/12, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I'm the only one old enough to remember retro..........Looks good Chris. Where did you find them???
American Racing
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/

I had my boy photoshop them on there. I parked on an offset, so the rear wheel on the pass. side was shoved up in the wheel well, giving the appearance of the car being lowered. I figured that would be a good shot to use for trying on some new wheels.
Old 5/28/12, 11:38 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

[QUOTE=70MACH1OWNER;6361180]I'm the only one old enough to remember retro..........

SAY WHAT???????????? Still got my platform shoes and bell bottom pants
Old 5/29/12, 03:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by red454
American Racing
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/

I had my boy photoshop them on there. I parked on an offset, so the rear wheel on the pass. side was shoved up in the wheel well, giving the appearance of the car being lowered. I figured that would be a good shot to use for trying on some new wheels.
Had me fooled!! Now spend that money!!!
Old 5/29/12, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I quit my 'job' last week Wednesday.

Feels good, man.

I believe I was the target of a payroll-reducing witch hunt, because over the last couple months, EVERY little thing I did the slightest bit wrong was getting ridiculously, endlessly nitpicked. And the final straw was I got written up THREE times over the course of ONE week for really stupid stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no perfect employee (I am not one to drink the corporate koolaid if I don't believe in it), but I am *NOT* a f@*# up. I'd been there for 9 years, knew everything, and customers loved me. I don't make huge, glaring mistakes. So when I say they were really looking for any little thing to nitpick me over, they were really grasping at straws.

The final straw came when my coworker called me on Wednesday evening before I closed and told me that our boss just called her and asked her to close on Thursday evening. This could mean only one thing, since I was supposed to close on Thursday : I wouldn't be there. And they called me to a meeting at another store on Thursday, which means that another manager needed to be present as a witness for whatever was going to happen.

So, I decided that it would be in my future best interest to say on future job applications that I quit instead of got fired. So on Wednesday evening as I was closing up the store, I wrote out a "please accept my immediate resignation" letter and left it on my boss's desk along with my store key, FedEx ID card and name badge. I gathered all my personal belongings and left.

What am I going to do now?

Don't know. Don't care. I'm going to relax for a few weeks.

I have a couple ideas.

In order of preference:
1) Move back to Milwaukee, get back into school full time, work part time, finally get a degree so I can get a real job
2) Move back to Milwaukee, find a full time job, school part time
3) Stay in South Bend, school full time, part time job
4) Stay in South Bend, full time job, school part time

I would very much like for options 3 and 4 to not happen, so at the moment I am not going to consider them.

Well, have a nice day dudes!
Old 5/29/12, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Plus side: you left on your own terms.

Downside: there goes the unemployment request should you ever need it in this crazy economy.

Hopefully you'll find something you like when you're ready.
Old 5/30/12, 03:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ov3n
I quit my 'job' last week Wednesday.

Feels good, man.

I believe I was the target of a payroll-reducing witch hunt, because over the last couple months, EVERY little thing I did the slightest bit wrong was getting ridiculously, endlessly nitpicked. And the final straw was I got written up THREE times over the course of ONE week for really stupid stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no perfect employee (I am not one to drink the corporate koolaid if I don't believe in it), but I am *NOT* a f@*# up. I'd been there for 9 years, knew everything, and customers loved me. I don't make huge, glaring mistakes. So when I say they were really looking for any little thing to nitpick me over, they were really grasping at straws.

The final straw came when my coworker called me on Wednesday evening before I closed and told me that our boss just called her and asked her to close on Thursday evening. This could mean only one thing, since I was supposed to close on Thursday : I wouldn't be there. And they called me to a meeting at another store on Thursday, which means that another manager needed to be present as a witness for whatever was going to happen.

So, I decided that it would be in my future best interest to say on future job applications that I quit instead of got fired. So on Wednesday evening as I was closing up the store, I wrote out a "please accept my immediate resignation" letter and left it on my boss's desk along with my store key, FedEx ID card and name badge. I gathered all my personal belongings and left.

What am I going to do now?

Don't know. Don't care. I'm going to relax for a few weeks.

I have a couple ideas.

In order of preference:
1) Move back to Milwaukee, get back into school full time, work part time, finally get a degree so I can get a real job
2) Move back to Milwaukee, find a full time job, school part time
3) Stay in South Bend, school full time, part time job
4) Stay in South Bend, full time job, school part time

I would very much like for options 3 and 4 to not happen, so at the moment I am not going to consider them.

Well, have a nice day dudes!

Nick,
There are jobs out there for people that want to work. Shame your not a toolmaker. I have immediate jobs for 2nd shift toolmaker and day shift CNC operator. We are also looking for a 2nd shift production supervisior. Just get your name out there and start looking. You'll find something soon. Best of luck in whatever you decide.
Scott
Old 5/30/12, 11:58 AM

Well that sucks that you felt you had no other choice but to quit. I've been let go before.. Pretty humiliating, especially if you think you are a good worker. But honestly, it was one of the best things that could have happened to me. Sure it really shook up the life I had at the time, but had I not been fired, I would have never left, and I would have missed the open window I slid through two months later to where I am now. You're smart, you'll figure something out.
Old 5/30/12, 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Like codeman said, sometimes it can be a blessing, that you don't realize at first.

Couple videos of my "hollow" mufflers...

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBIY...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by red454; 5/30/12 at 07:42 PM.
Old 5/31/12, 03:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by red454
Like codeman said, sometimes it can be a blessing, that you don't realize at first.

Couple videos of my "hollow" mufflers...

DSCF8968.AVI - YouTube

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBIY...ature=youtu.be

Sounds pretty good for free!
Old 6/1/12, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nick,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Good luck & hope you get back up north like you wish.
Old 6/1/12, 07:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way
Old 6/6/12, 07:22 PM

Some dude at the cruise in tonight brought a boat and parked it right next to me
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-image-1867089488.jpg  
Old 6/8/12, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Some dude at the cruise in tonight brought a boat and parked it right next to me

Wow...that thing dwarfs your Stang.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread