Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/12, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Do I need new or different ball joints with this kit??
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...oducts_id=1236

No you don't. It is a bumpsteer kit and it replaces your tie rod ends not anything to do with your ball joints. It is made mostly for lowered car to get the geometry correct again. I have a brand new set of these in the garage that I have never install. They are yours for $100 shipped. The blue color will go better with your car. Or maybe I need to just get them installed because on certain roads my car wonders around.
Scott

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-b...d-mustang.html

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 8/1/12 at 05:01 PM.
Old 8/1/12, 07:19 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
No you don't. It is a bumpsteer kit and it replaces your tie rod ends not anything to do with your ball joints. It is made mostly for lowered car to get the geometry correct again. I have a brand new set of these in the garage that I have never install. They are yours for $100 shipped. The blue color will go better with your car. Or maybe I need to just get them installed because on certain roads my car wonders around.
Scott

Thanks for the offer Scotty but a little late, already ordered the others at $131.

But a new questions for all you cooling pros. I have twice now found my coolant tank empty. I have replaced the stocker with the Canton SS tank. It has a extra outlet at the neck that I vent into a open can with a piece of hose. I have the hose going all the way down to the bottom of that can. When my car heats up and spills over, am I creating a vaccum to suck out all the coolant from the bigger tank? The only evidence i see is water water spot stains behind the can on to the engine. I have pulled the hose all the way out to just the top of the can and all is well so far.

Last edited by dly; 8/1/12 at 07:43 PM.
Old 8/2/12, 11:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01...#ixzz22K2GACc1
good stuff and no clue DLY
Old 8/3/12, 08:12 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

How about we make a new little rule. No Politics allowed. I come on this small chat room to discuss Mustangs, families, and some general BS. All the political crap is left behind. You are welcome to vote for who you want to and I will do the same. Let's not have this small forum turn into a political you said she said thing. It hasn't yet been that way on this forum but I have already signed off on my Facebook account until after the election and I mute the TV channel when a politic commerical comes on. I don't have any yard signs and no bumper stickers on my car or truck.

Again vote for who you want to and I'll do the same. You won't change my mind and I won't try to change yours.

******steps off the soap box*******
Old 8/3/12, 09:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
How about we make a new little rule. No Politics allowed. I come on this small chat room to discuss Mustangs, families, and some general BS. All the political crap is left behind. You are welcome to vote for who you want to and I will do the same. Let's not have this small forum turn into a political you said she said thing. It hasn't yet been that way on this forum but I have already signed off on my Facebook account until after the election and I mute the TV channel when a politic commerical comes on. I don't have any yard signs and no bumper stickers on my car or truck.

Again vote for who you want to and I'll do the same. You won't change my mind and I won't try to change yours.

******steps off the soap box*******
Old 8/3/12, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

it was more of a news story than a political statment on my part. I don't vote so can I still post news stories??
Old 8/5/12, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

All you guys up in northern Indiana OKAY after the storms yesterday??
Old 8/5/12, 01:32 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Scott

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think both the taller ball joints and the bump steer kit attach to the spindle. Either one does the job but from a different point of adjustment. In either case the point is to get the tie rods to be as parallel to the LCA as possible so they travel the same over bumps and stuff.

FWIW
Old 8/5/12, 03:22 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

All you guys up in northern Indiana OKAY after the storms yesterday??

Garage fell in on my Mustang, a tree fell on my Raptor and my house caught on fire from lightening but other than that I'm OK

j/k
Old 8/5/12, 03:24 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by dly

Garage fell in on my Mustang, a tree fell on my Raptor and my house caught on fire from lightening but other than that I'm OK

j/k
Man I read the first few lines and my heart sank. You suck Darrell.
Old 8/6/12, 08:39 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I resemble that remark!! (I wish there was a smiley flipping the bird)

Well its been awhile since I been on here so I had to say something. Didnt want y'all to miss my witty comebacks now.

Heres an update for you all in here. I am currently staying in Alabama cuz that is where I got a job. Soon to be ex wife kicked me outta the house a couple weeks ago and so I was staying in a house that my gf bought and was fixing it up for her. I repainted the whole house and installed 5 ceiling fans as well as doing a little bit of fixing on the house all together.
Old 8/6/12, 08:40 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Well its been awhile since I been on here so I had to say something. Didnt want y'all to miss my witty comebacks now.

Heres an update for you all in here. I am currently staying in Alabama cuz that is where I got a job. Soon to be ex wife kicked me outta the house a couple weeks ago and so I was staying in a house that my gf bought and was fixing it up for her. I repainted the whole house and installed 5 ceiling fans as well as doing a little bit of fixing on the house all together.
Nice. I've always wanted to be a kept man for a Cougar.
Old 8/6/12, 09:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Nice. I've always wanted to be a kept man for a Cougar.
Oh yeah she paid me in other ways too

Last edited by BoogieNights; 8/6/12 at 09:28 PM.
Old 8/7/12, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

the story is no good with out pictures
Old 8/7/12, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

Well I am glad to see your fuked up sense of humor is still intact.

j/k

Maybe having a "soon to be X wife" and a girlfriend at the same time might be a problem. Gary is getting to the age where he would paint 3 houses to spend some special time with a Cougar. And I am at the age now that I hate to paint at all.And you won't be able to post the type of pictures Glenn wants on this site.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 8/7/12 at 03:53 PM.
Old 8/7/12, 03:55 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Maybe having a "soon to be X wife" and a girlfriend at the same time might be a problem. Gary is getting to the age where he would paint 3 houses to spend some special time with a Cougar. And I am at the age now that I hate to paint at all.And you won't be able to post the type of pictures Glenn wants on this site.
Thats the thing about this GF is that she actually cares about me and doesnt like it when I spend money on anything. She wants me to save it and get back on my feet again.
Old 8/7/12, 03:58 PM
Post *****

Cougar = 1 painted house
Early 20s = whole street of houses
Old 8/7/12, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thats the thing about this GF is that she actually cares about me and doesnt like it when I spend money on anything. She wants me to save it and get back on my feet again.

Sounds like a "KEEPER"
Old 8/7/12, 04:10 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Sounds like a "KEEPER"
She is definitely a keeper. Just cant believe I got lucky enough to have met her
Old 8/7/12, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey all. Storms knocked my power out for the 3rd time in a month.
Might be time to start thinking about a gen!

Had a little weekend get away planned just a short trip up to Milwaukee for a few days. See the brewers stadium, have a few brews.
The day we leave to head up was the day of that shooting at that temple. Pretty sure it was all over the news everywhere.
Turns out our hotel was right down the street from it!

But didnt see anything exciting, or even and news people. I wanted to buzz the mustang past where they were reporting from to get my 2 seconds of fame, but felt it might be a little disrespectful.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread