Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/07, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Rachet Jaw is back home. I'll help break the silence.

Yeehaw...... welcome to the party!
Old 12/30/07, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Back this evening myself.
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Got lots of car care stuff & a Mustang t-shirt myself

Put little over 500m on the recent header install; need to shift the engine little to the right,I'm rubbing the steering shaft on corners & got 1 ck engine light, rich O2 sensor.It cleared & hasn't come back. Kinda liking the current exhaust setup,I'll forgo the straight H until spring.
Old 12/31/07, 03:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aircare84
Back this evening myself.
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Got lots of car care stuff & a Mustang t-shirt myself

Put little over 500m on the recent header install; need to shift the engine little to the right,I'm rubbing the steering shaft on corners & got 1 ck engine light, rich O2 sensor.It cleared & hasn't come back. Kinda liking the current exhaust setup,I'll forgo the straight H until spring.

Welcome home Larry,
Maybe you need to look into some Prothane motor mounts to control the engine moving side to side on those squishy stock mounts. I may trying to massage that pipe on the headers that rubs on the steering shaft before putting mine on. If you know what I mean. BFH!
Scott
Old 12/31/07, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, Guys! and you too, 70MACH10WNER Take a look at this pic! it's of the CAI on Bullitt 95# for sale on ebay for the "Buy It Now" price of 37,900 . Notice the CAI filter "crunched" also looks like the filter's nose attach's to the intake shroud!
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-85159702-8sm-1-.jpg  
Old 12/31/07, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,
Did you do the install of your head unit on your car? If so have any pointer as too how to get the dash apart? We are putting a new unit in my son's car.

Ben
Old 12/31/07, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Tom,
Did you do the install of your head unit on your car? If so have any pointer as too how to get the dash apart? We are putting a new unit in my son's car.

Ben
Ben-

Open the console and remove the 2 screws..... raise the parking brake lever and begin to pull up on the entire top console piece from the rear to the front..... it will come right off. Then, remove the two side forward console pieces (the ones that are vertical and that your knees always hit) by pulling them straight towards you. Once you have this stuff off, you can gently pull the entire radio/HVAC fascia towards you; however you'll probably only get it about 3-4" from it's mounting point before you have to start unplugging the wiring harnesses from it. From here on out, its a piece of cake.
Old 12/31/07, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

I'm still waiting for my GT/CS bumpers to come, then I can have my buddy at a body shop paint and install them. I guess I just have to be patient due to the holidays.
Old 12/31/07, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Ben-

Open the console and remove the 2 screws..... raise the parking brake lever and begin to pull up on the entire top console piece from the rear to the front..... it will come right off. Then, remove the two side forward console pieces (the ones that are vertical and that your knees always hit) by pulling them straight towards you. Once you have this stuff off, you can gently pull the entire radio/HVAC fascia towards you; however you'll probably only get it about 3-4" from it's mounting point before you have to start unplugging the wiring harnesses from it. From here on out, its a piece of cake.

Thanks, Tom
Old 12/31/07, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey! oldmachdude, If your still wanting to bang the booty on your Stang! Heres a set of Roush rear springs for 100 bucks, The Roush do about the best I've seen for tighten' up those cat killer's in back!! and keeping the Flat Rocks in front!..........You be low riding' like ''young gun'' then!....

Name: Johnmichael
Car: TR '07 Mustang GT Coupe

FS: Lots of '05+ Aftermarket Parts
Moderators: I tried to delete my other thread but couldn't figure out how.

Putting my '07 back to stock. Most items have low miles. Parts are in great condition and have not been abused as my car has never been raced. Prefer local deals (Tampa FL area) but I will ship some items (I'll pay half of the shipping costs). PayPal or cash only. I will give a discount if you buy more than one item. Thanks for looking.

C&L Racer CAI & SCT Xcalibrator 2 - $450
FRPP Delete Plates - $100
Roush Rear springs - $100
BMR Fixed Lower Control Arms - $100
BBK SFI Pulleys - $150
SpyderShaft Aluminum Drive Shaft - $350
FRPP Shelby Mufflers - $175
17" FRPP Polished Bullitt Wheels w/Chrome Tri-bar Spinners mounted to stock tires (9k miles) - $400 + '07-08' Stock wheels w/tires (w/ tire pressure sensors) - LOCAL SALE ONLY
2007 TR GT Auto: Roush Spoiler - Scoop - Rear Springs- White Stripes, Fading White Rocker Stripes, Red Calipers, Red Piping, FRPP 17" Polished Bullitts & Tri Bars - GTA's - CMDP's - 3.73's, C&L Racer, XCal 2, VMP Tuned, BBK UDP's, BMR LCA's, Spyder DS

Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes the blood of Jesus Christ to keep you out of hell.
- Charles Spurgeon
Old 12/31/07, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! oldmachdude, If your still wanting to bang the booty on your Stang! Heres a set of Roush rear springs for 100 bucks, The Roush do about the best I've seen for tighten' up those cat killer's in back!! and keeping the Flat Rocks in front!..........You be low riding' like ''young gun'' then!....

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/image....ine=1169340352

Name: Johnmichael
Car: TR '07 Mustang GT Coupe

FS: Lots of '05+ Aftermarket Parts
Moderators: I tried to delete my other thread but couldn't figure out how.

Putting my '07 back to stock. Most items have low miles. Parts are in great condition and have not been abused as my car has never been raced. Prefer local deals (Tampa FL area) but I will ship some items (I'll pay half of the shipping costs). PayPal or cash only. I will give a discount if you buy more than one item. Thanks for looking.

C&L Racer CAI & SCT Xcalibrator 2 - $450
FRPP Delete Plates - $100
Roush Rear springs - $100
BMR Fixed Lower Control Arms - $100
BBK SFI Pulleys - $150
SpyderShaft Aluminum Drive Shaft - $350
FRPP Shelby Mufflers - $175
17" FRPP Polished Bullitt Wheels w/Chrome Tri-bar Spinners mounted to stock tires (9k miles) - $400 + '07-08' Stock wheels w/tires (w/ tire pressure sensors) - LOCAL SALE ONLY
2007 TR GT Auto: Roush Spoiler - Scoop - Rear Springs- White Stripes, Fading White Rocker Stripes, Red Calipers, Red Piping, FRPP 17" Polished Bullitts & Tri Bars - GTA's - CMDP's - 3.73's, C&L Racer, XCal 2, VMP Tuned, BBK UDP's, BMR LCA's, Spyder DS

Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes the blood of Jesus Christ to keep you out of hell.
- Charles Spurgeon

Ha Ha... I have accually have had my eye on this guys stuff but somewhere is his post I think the parts are still on the car. Thought about buying his Sydieshaft about a month ago. He is trying to see what he can sell before he removes it. Besides..picked up the mail today from being out of town last week and the credit card bill made it. Once the smoke clears we'll see. We hit that puppy pretty hard last month. You could be a nice guy and buy them now and give them to me as a birthday present in February. Whatca think?
Old 12/31/07, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tom,

Did you have to override a parking brake switch to play DVD while moving? This unit also has something called a reverse switch. duh Any info? Looks like we won't get done today, the idiot at Best Buy sold us the wrong wiring harness.

Ben
Old 12/31/07, 04:20 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Well I hope I have fixed my blow by oil problem. I found a Stef's oil separtator on ebay for 45 bucks (over 100 bucks from Stef's). Installed it this last Sunday and then pulled it out of the Garage and warmed it up for about 30 minutes. Battery was a little weak but I'll put a charger on it next day off to charge it up. I also painted the TB and Steeda's MAF housing. Still looking for the right size Disco ball for the proper pictures.

Back to the Stef's tank. I have a short 3" long hose from the valve cover to the tank, I could put a 12" long hose on it both are Earl's SS Hoses. I'm not sure which would be better for the Vaccum it will make.

Also looking to go to the Chicago area 46th Annual Carquest WorldofWheels.com car show on the 26th or 27th of Jan., going to take the South Shore Train right to McCommick Place station. South Shore station here in town is only 3 or 4 miles from my house.

Oh and Happy New Year
Old 12/31/07, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Happy News Years to all in the Midwest forums. Fire up that Disco ball tonignt Darrell!! Just going out for a short while with some friends for pizza,a couple of beers and then back home before the nutso's come out. Be safe all of you!!!!!!!!
Scott and Karen
Old 12/31/07, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
x2 Happy New year
Old 1/1/08, 07:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Tom,

Did you have to override a parking brake switch to play DVD while moving? This unit also has something called a reverse switch. duh Any info? Looks like we won't get done today, the idiot at Best Buy sold us the wrong wiring harness.

Ben

Yes, on my Pioneer AVIC D3, I used a bypass that I found on the net. The reverse switch is usually for either a navigation headunit or a rear camera input, or both..... what kind of headunit are you installing?
Old 1/1/08, 07:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
I have a short 3" long hose......
Too much information!

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Happy News Years to all in the Midwest forums. Fire up that Disco ball tonignt Darrell!! Just going out for a short while with some friends for pizza,a couple of beers and then back home before the nutso's come out. Be safe all of you!!!!!!!!
Scott and Karen
Originally Posted by Glenn
x2 Happy New year
We were some of the nuts last night..... Now my head feels like .

Happy New Years to everyone too!
Old 1/1/08, 08:52 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
We were some of the nuts last night..... Now my head feels like .

I rather have my 3" short hose thank you
Old 1/1/08, 09:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
snow anyone?
Old 1/1/08, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
snow anyone?
It's snowing pretty hard down here now. Depends who I listen to as far as what we are supposed to get. Weather channel says 1-2 today..3-5 tonight and 1 tomorrow. Local weather says about the same except only 1-2 tonight.
Scott
Old 1/1/08, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

My drive home from work last night was no fun, none of the roads out here were plowed. Rt. 90 was clean, other than that, was very messy.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread