Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/08, 02:33 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm thinking the 3.4 pulley will get you there. I would be interested in the GT500 pumps and bigger Saleen H.E. proformance gains.
Old 2/4/08, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
OK now for the big question WHY???? You have stated you were very happy with the Vortech setup, you are already at those numbers HP wise, you liked your Shaker system. Is it because you can't leave well enough alone?? Or the Mod bug hit you so hard you have to start over every 2 years?????????????????????????????????????? You are rich and just like throw good money at your stang???????????

Total appx $7134
minus used parts sale appx $3500
minus Cuz Brent's Discount $????
total before discount $3634
total after Discount priceless

I believe he was happy with the WOT power of his Vortech. But leaving a stop light pretty much felt punny and stockish. Regardless of the price or final cost I predict he will be much happier with this setup in a daily driver situation than he was with the Vortech. Happy with the torque of a twinscrew at 1200 @rpm is worth it... not @ 3500 rpm. That's Scotty's prediction. If the Vortec was the perfect setup than there would be NO logical reason to change it. I think it's like mufflers.
Old 2/4/08, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
OK now for the big question WHY????
"Why" is a tough question to answer.... it could be a number of different reasons....

1) I do want more low-end power.....

2) I like how the Saleen looks and especially LOVE how it sounds.....

3) I do believe the centri is a better blower for all-out speed and racing but that's not really what I do... I planned to go to the strip A LOT last year but, working in ice cream during the summer months, I don't have A LOT of spare time. Plus the strip is over an hour each way from my house.

4) NO, I'm not "rich" by anymeans...... I just want the best for my car. It is my hobby, one that I can enjoy and my wife/family can let me enjoy. I felt, after having the centri for almost a year, that a twin screw may be better. I almost went turbo, but I don't like the piping.

5) I set out to do this, ONLY if I got what I wanted out of my Vortech/Paxton combo. If I couldn't get "X" amount out of it, I was NOT going to do it. Believe me I can be very stubborn about stuff like this..... BUT I got what I wanted, so the swap to the Saleen with intake, pulley, etc. cost me less than 4 digits to swap. The GT500 fuel system + heat exchanger were not in the plans, but since the car was going to be apart, may as well do them both now. Plus I can sell my BAP, helping to offset some of the cost.

Originally Posted by dly
I'm thinking the 3.4 pulley will get you there. I would be interested in the GT500 pumps and bigger Saleen H.E. proformance gains.
I did the GT500 system mainly because I want the most reliable fuel system.... you know what happens if you run out of fuel (BOOM!). The HE, well, that's just because like I said before- may as well do it now.

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER

I believe he was happy with the WOT power of his Vortech. Happy with the torque of a twinscrew at 1200 @rpm is worth it... not @ 3500 rpm. That's Scotty's prediction.
Yes Scott you're right...... the WOT power of the Vortech was incredible.... but I think I can maintain alot of that feeling PLUS have alot more noticeable "oomph" down low with the TS.

I do think the Vortech system was great with my 4.10 gears, which is the biggest concern I have now with the TS going on. But, we'll see how it handles and I'll go from there.
Old 2/4/08, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
"Why" is a tough question to answer.... it could be a number of different reasons....

1) I do want more low-end power.....

2) I like how the Saleen looks and especially LOVE how it sounds.....

3) I do believe the centri is a better blower for all-out speed and racing but that's not really what I do... I planned to go to the strip A LOT last year but, working in ice cream during the summer months, I don't have A LOT of spare time. Plus the strip is over an hour each way from my house.

4) NO, I'm not "rich" by anymeans...... I just want the best for my car. It is my hobby, one that I can enjoy and my wife/family can let me enjoy. I felt, after having the centri for almost a year, that a twin screw may be better. I almost went turbo, but I don't like the piping.

5) I set out to do this, ONLY if I got what I wanted out of my Vortech/Paxton combo. If I couldn't get "X" amount out of it, I was NOT going to do it. Believe me I can be very stubborn about stuff like this..... BUT I got what I wanted, so the swap to the Saleen with intake, pulley, etc. cost me less than 4 digits to swap. The GT500 fuel system + heat exchanger were not in the plans, but since the car was going to be apart, may as well do them both now. Plus I can sell my BAP, helping to offset some of the cost.

I did the GT500 system mainly because I want the most reliable fuel system.... you know what happens if you run out of fuel (BOOM!). The HE, well, that's just because like I said before- may as well do it now.

Yes Scott you're right...... the WOT power of the Vortech was incredible.... but I think I can maintain alot of that feeling PLUS have alot more noticeable "oomph" down low with the TS.

I do think the Vortech system was great with my 4.10 gears, which is the biggest concern I have now with the TS going on. But, we'll see how it handles and I'll go from there.

I can tell you how it will be with those 4:10 gears. It won't hook up in 1st or 2nd at all. You will be starting to spend you money on more suspension mods. Trust me. But you will love the feel!!!
Old 2/5/08, 06:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can tell you how it will be with those 4:10 gears. It won't hook up in 1st or 2nd at all. You will be starting to spend you money on more suspension mods. Trust me. But you will love the feel!!!
Yes here's one! A little axle support might not hurt .........
Old 2/5/08, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I do that now once I hit 4000 rpm..... I guess now it will start around 2500rpm.
Old 2/5/08, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

cost me less than 4 digits to swap. .....This what he told Mrs.Topgun
Old 2/5/08, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Gee, isn't it great living in the Midwet!....
Old 2/5/08, 01:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
for serious...melting snow and rain at the same time....
Old 2/5/08, 01:45 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
for serious...melting snow and rain at the same time....

Hey Codeman I found a sweet ride for you to buy.

http://www.brenspeed.com/customers/2008forsale.html
Old 2/5/08, 01:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We have had 1 1/4 inches of rain here since midnight and there are forecasting 1 - 2 more tonight. Guess it could be 2 to 3 ft of snow. So I won't grip to much!
Old 2/5/08, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Apparently my sump pump took a dump (poet, didn't know it) this morning..... thank goodness Kim was home and heard my high-water alarm or else our basement would have flooded. We had a flood in 2003 that cost us over $10k worth of damage. I had a spare pump that I use to suck the water off of the top of the pool cover each spring, and I was able to come home from work to rig it up and keep us dry.

The old pump powers up, but has no discharge.......??? Time for a new one I guess as my backup is a puny little thing.
Old 2/5/08, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dear Mr.Yippy kI A mother f***ker or also known as 70MACH1OWNER or by his mortal enemy's as Scott, could you please reiterate the information you bestowed upon me in a previous thread that I can not find at this moment ! and that is what I need to convey to brenspeed as to making my tune adjustment so my tune will emulate yours O' wise one
Old 2/5/08, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good garages in Cleveland

Hey Guys,
We have a customer asking if anyone knows of a good shop in Cleveland we could recommend to install a driveshaft. Anyone have a suggestion.
Robert
Old 2/5/08, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Apparently my sump pump took a dump (poet, didn't know it) this morning..... thank goodness Kim was home and heard my high-water alarm or else our basement would have flooded. We had a flood in 2003 that cost us over $10k worth of damage. I had a spare pump that I use to suck the water off of the top of the pool cover each spring, and I was able to come home from work to rig it up and keep us dry.

The old pump powers up, but has no discharge.......??? Time for a new one I guess as my backup is a puny little thing.

That was a bit of luck!! Glad it wasn't any worst than it was!
Scott
Old 2/5/08, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Dear Mr.Yippy kI A mother f***ker or also known as 70MACH1OWNER or by his mortal enemy's as Scott, could you please reiterate the information you bestowed upon me in a previous thread that I can not find at this moment ! and that is what I need to convey to brenspeed as to making my tune adjustment so my tune will emulate yours O' wise one

They make a pill for your problem you know. Or at least I think they do. I have my OD (5th gear) kick in at 55mph. But on the decel side I have it kick back into 4th gear at 50 mph. This way I do not run around in 5th gear at 40mph like the stock tune does. Keeps the cars rpm's up a tad and makes her feel like she is always on her toes ready to go. Did you go out yet and use your OD button to simulate this??? You may not like it. But I do. I have both Brenspeeds and Doug's tune setup this way.
Old 2/5/08, 02:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ok 70MACH1OWNER I see how you are, ignore my post! When I need some help!.. I bet if I mentioned **** or POOP you would have been all over it ...
Old 2/5/08, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Scott please disregard most of my last post! this friggin monsoon that I'm in is starting wear on my feeble mind!....
Old 2/5/08, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

They make a pill for your problem you know. Or at least I think they do. I have my OD (5th gear) kick in at 55mph. But on the decel side I have it kick back into 4th gear at 50 mph. This way I do not run around in 5th gear at 40mph like the stock tune does. Keeps the cars rpm's up a tad and makes her feel like she is always on her toes ready to go. Did you go out yet and use your OD button to simulate this??? You may not like it. But I do. I have both Brenspeeds and Doug's tune setup this way.
Yes I did! but that was two weeks ago, the last time I drove the Stang. Its kinda hard to remember that far back but think I liked it!... As far as pills go! gave all that stuff up subcribed or self subscribed years ago! no matter how crazy I act!!
Old 2/5/08, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shaftmasters
Hey Guys,
We have a customer asking if anyone knows of a good shop in Cleveland we could recommend to install a driveshaft. Anyone have a suggestion.
Robert
Sorry Robert, nothing rings a bell....

They make a pill for your problem you know. Or at least I think they do.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread