Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/08, 12:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any thoughts as to Stangstock '08 during the Shelby Spring Fling in Brown County this May?
Old 3/10/08, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by red454
Any thoughts as to Stangstock '08 during the Shelby Spring Fling in Brown County this May?
What are the dates for that?
Old 3/10/08, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Just one thought comes to mind........

Packed! LOL it will be crazy busy.
Old 3/10/08, 12:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Just one thought comes to mind........

Packed! LOL it will be crazy busy.
You got that right!
Old 3/10/08, 12:56 PM
Cobra R Member

May 16th thru the 18th.

There are certainly a lot of cars there (that is a good thing!), but they are all in one general area. There are plenty of other areas we could use for our gathering, assuming we want to keep it separate...

Links to pics from the last 2 years -

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=spring+fling

Now is the time to start planning - and what better time or place to meet than at a large Mustang / Ford event... There is everything there - old and new. You won't see as much cool and rare stuff in one place anywhere else. Some more pics below.
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf0956.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf0958.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf0962.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf0965.jpg  

Last edited by red454; 3/10/08 at 01:06 PM.
Old 3/10/08, 01:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

May 16th thru the 18th.

There are certainly a lot of cars there (that is a good thing!), but they are all in one general area. There are plenty of other areas we could use for our gathering, assuming we want to keep it separate...

Links to pics from the last 2 years -

Now is the time to start planning - and what better time or place to meet than at a large Mustang / Ford event...
Thats true, but those that might want to spend the night may have to book a room in Louisville....lol
Old 3/10/08, 02:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wheres everyone at now?......Don't be telling me that Internet service down stuff What !..jobs, trying to make a living?.... I got my shaft and it looks like crap!!...really, STD.... yep! ..What you doing home this time of day ?....well I took the day off to work on the Stang...and talk to my buds on the puter but there all out chokin' their chicken somewhere!....
Old 3/10/08, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Wheres everyone at now?......Don't be telling me that Internet service down stuff What !..jobs, trying to make a living?.... I got my shaft and it looks like crap!!...really, STD.... yep! ..What you doing home this time of day ?....well I took the day off to work on the Stang...and talk to my buds on the puter but there all out chokin' their chicken somewhere!....

No chicken chokin going on down here. Can't say what's going on in Decatur.
Well in the past I have called you Whacko and that comes to mind again. What's wrong with your shaft? Looks ain't everthing you know. Is it straight and hard or kinda placid and bowed one way? Don't keep us hanging!!

And I want to add that I think we all need to really think hard about where we want to try to have Stangstock 08 this year. If it's in May it will be here before we know it.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/10/08 at 02:48 PM.
Old 3/10/08, 02:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey scott...now look who's the postwhore....

......What? language filters???

Last edited by codeman94; 3/10/08 at 02:55 PM.
Old 3/10/08, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Hey scott...now look who's the postwhore....

......What? language filters???

You've been laying back on me haven't you?? I trying to catch Tom. That's going to take some time. Oh yeah those language filters seem to be turned off. *****...*****... I'll stop there!

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/10/08 at 03:25 PM.
Old 3/10/08, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
No chicken chokin going on down here. Can't say what's going on in Decatur.
Well in the past I have called you Whacko and that comes to mind again. What's wrong with your shaft? Looks ain't everthing you know. Is it straight and hard or kinda placid and bowed one way? Don't keep us hanging!!

And I want to add that I think we all need to really think hard about where we want to try to have Stangstock 08 this year. If it's in May it will be here before we know it.
Yep! looks don't count for much on a drive shaft....as long as it doesn't vibrate the door handles off the car?..I may need to put two safety loops on this Frankenstein lookin' thing...lol.Scott my biggest problem is after 20 years of building Aircraft I'm friggin picky about welds...........and yes May is close!
Old 3/10/08, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Let's get this Stangstock 08 talk going strong. Chris's idea of Brown county for the Shelby meet sounds cool but Tom is correct it will be crowded. But any place that has a draw like that will be crowded. I am willing to go for it for one. I know in the past talk of Hocking Hills here in Ohio was mentioned. While this is a very cool place to go it is about 1 hour south of Columbus Ohio down SR33. Good for me and Larry but we would be the only ones showing up is my guess. I would like to find a place ...maybe more in east central Indiana or west central Ohio where we can all go without anyone having to drive 6 hrs. I want to see everyone from the Indy area show up again and I want to see STD, Cody, Darrell and hopefully Justin can make it. Is there a place in the area I mention for a meet? Put your thinking hats on guys!!
Scott
Old 3/10/08, 04:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey meatheads.....

Paying for the Roush seats tonight- hope to have them here next week.

As far as StangStock 08, I really don't care where..... I brought up the point about it being busy only because we were spoiled last fall- plenty of time to talk, grill / eat, relax, etc. I don't think we'd be so lucky again at the Shelby event. Not that it's not a cool thing- maybe we should all try to meet up there if it works out for everyone- but maybe keep StangStock in the fall, right before we put the cars away and keep it more TMS related. ?? Just a thought.
Old 3/10/08, 04:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Yep - the planning needs to start now regardless of when or where. I will be going to the Shelby meet as I usually do, but it is really something to consider even if it is not an official 'Stangstock'... Like I said, you just won't see so many Mustangs, Shelbys, etc. in one place.

And over the years Nashville (Brown County) has gotten better as far as accommodations go.

Scott - sounds like you don't live far from where I grew up - St. Marys, Ohio.

Tom - maybe two Stangstocks would work (Spring / Fall). Two chances for a meet - those who can not make their schedules work for one would have another chance...

Perhaps the fall one can be at the Ft. Harrison Stat Park in Indy (It is a lot like Brown County but not as hilly). Closer for the Ohio people and northern Indiana people.
Old 3/10/08, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep - the planning needs to start now regardless of when or where. I will be going to the Shelby meet as I usually do, but it is really something to consider even if it is not an official 'Stangstock'... Like I said, you just won't see so many Mustangs, Shelbys, etc. in one place.

And over the years Nashville (Brown County) has gotten better as far as accommodations go.

Tom - maybe two Stangstocks would work (Spring / Fall). Two chances for a meet - those who can not make their schedules work for one would have another chance...

Perhaps the fall one can be at the Ft. Harrison Stat Park in Indy (It is a lot like Brown County but not as hilly). Closer for the Ohio people and northern Indiana people.

Let's here from all of the Midwesterners about their thoughts on when Stangstock 08 should be planned and where would be a good place and time of year to have it. Maybe David and the guys from Shaftmaster would be willing to come down. Hey Chris...keep me in the loop on the Shelby meet in May. I would be interested in coming over for it!!
Scott

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/10/08 at 04:38 PM.
Old 3/10/08, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our club has a race day planned for the weekend of the Shelby Spring fling. So I can't make that, but you guys go ahead if you wish. Really the park is only crowded in the morning while the cars are arriving and registering. After that it really isn't too bad at all and it is mostly only at 1 gate. I showed down there in 06.fone there
Old 3/10/08, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Our club has a race day planned for the weekend of the Shelby Spring fling. So I can't make that, but you guys go ahead if you wish. Really the park is only crowded in the morning while the cars are arriving and registering. After that it really isn't too bad at all and it is mostly only at 1 gate. I showed down there in 06.fone there

Hey Ben...where and when would work best for you? Give us your thoughts!!
Old 3/10/08, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Chris...St Marys Ohio is only about 1 hour north of me. Spent alot of time in my younger years fishing that lake!!

Scott
Old 3/10/08, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As for Stangstock 08 I think we should plan ahead a bit & see if we can get more folks to come this year. Might be a little late for a May get-togther. Summer or fall might be best since it's already March.
The Shelby meet would be cool, but we'd get overshadowed then.
I really enjoyed coming to Brown County Park last year. Hocking Hills might be a little far for some of the IN & ILL folks, but it is beautiful there. Nice windy,curvy roads to cruise on too.
Another place in OH is the Indian Lake area.It's about an hour SE from Ft Wayne. Any other possibles in IN?

Scott,
Impressive drifts you had there, good thing you have heavy equipment for removal I bet you'll still have snow in your drive next month
Did get myself a set of delete plates. Bought a set off of a guy I sold a hood to last year,he returned the favor. Prothene mounts soon.

Tom,
You might want to just remain steathy on the S/C markings. The Roush scoop looks good with just the stripes on it.

Ben,
You had any luck yet in your work search?

Great day here, we hit 47. I'm parking the beater after today.

Pulled & cleaned 1/2 of my plugs today(will do the other bank tomorrow) They were in good shape, but I wouldn't wait long for any who haven't pulled & anti-seized theirs yet. Mine squeaked the whole way out & I soaked down w/penetrating fluid after loosening 1/4 turn. Coated own with nickel anti-seize. I can see how easily they could freeze & snap off. Make sure the engine is cold before starting!
Old 3/10/08, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm willing to travel to Ohio, Vickie has already ask where we are going this year. As of now the May date is the only one that is bot good for me a this time. There are 3 parks just of 74 close to the Ohio/Indiana border. I'm not sure what they are like. Here is a link to the Indiana State Parks site.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/parkres.html

Yes, Ford needs to spend a little on anti-seize for the plugs. Mine were hard to break loose, but they came right out after that. Dave at Brenspeed said they are beginning to tell customers before they start an install about the possibility of broken bolts or plugs due to that problem. So that the customer understands about the possiblity of greater changes.

Larry - No luck yet, but I do have a third interview with a Software Company tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread