Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 06:18 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Thats what you need Darrell, what color are going with?

Well they don't have Carbon fiber or a Mirror one so I'll go with black background with white letters.

Hey Old man Scott...STEP AWAY FROM THE BEER!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/14/08, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dly
Well they don't have Carbon fiber or a Mirror one so I'll go with black background with white letters.

Hey Old man Scott...STEP AWAY FROM THE BEER!!!!!!!!!
Darrell, I finally read a few posts back!... I seen where 70MACH1OWNER wants the side window decal! so send me a address and I'll send the shield banner to you when I get it!.....
Old 2/14/08, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Great idea Darrell, I was on the list for one of those last year but it didn't work out. Probably a good thing, considering how often I change my car.
Old 2/15/08, 07:09 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Great idea Darrell, I was on the list for one of those last year but it didn't work out. Probably a good thing, considering how often I change my car.

Here is what you need tom, for all your changing mods

http://www.usmarkerboard.com/classro...ter-Board.html

Hope you guys are having fun at Brenspeeds today and spenting lots of money.
Old 2/15/08, 07:11 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Awesome!...the one at ND?

Yep the one at Notre Dame.
http://www.cavalcadeofwheels.com/
Old 2/15/08, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey! Darrell I bet 70MACH1OWNER's pacing around like a old women while his baby's gettin' Cammed!.....I sure hope his dyno numbers are good or he's going to be one Grumpy old goat !....
Old 2/15/08, 10:12 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! Darrell I bet 70MACH1OWNER's pacing around like a old women while his baby's gettin' Cammed!.....I sure hope his dyno numbers are good or he's going to be one Grumpy old goat !....

Do you live by Rockville? For several years my wife and me would go to the Covered Bridge Festival in the Fall.

Wonder if they set up some Stadium seating in the garage at Brenspeed so they could watch and cheer on the Mechianics as they worked on the cars.

"GO TEAM GO....."
Old 2/15/08, 01:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
mmmm..imagine that.....this thread is slow when Tom and Scott are gone....
Old 2/15/08, 01:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dly
Do you live by Rockville? For several years my wife and me would go to the Covered Bridge Festival in the Fall.

Wonder if they set up some Stadium seating in the garage at Brenspeed so they could watch and cheer on the Mechianics as they worked on the cars.

"GO TEAM GO....."
I live in Danville IL, right on the Illinois and Indiana state line, I'm very familiar with the Covered Bridge Festival! My wife loves making me go to it with here!... Yep! Rockville is ground zero for the festival. I'm sure the guys at breenspeed will be glad to see that crew leave after today, Ben, Larry, Scott and Tom what a crew!...
Old 2/15/08, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
mmmm..imagine that.....this thread is slow when Tom and Scott are gone....
+1 Cody!.....
Old 2/15/08, 02:25 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

How nice and peaceful it is today.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 2/15/08, 04:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
hey...I think I had enough time to remember I have a mustang!.... instead of having to read through all of the crap they post all the time....
Old 2/15/08, 04:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dly
How nice and peaceful it is today.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
It sure is quiet, No Tomgun hustling brenspeed parts, No 70MACH1OWNER pickin' on everyone! Well Darrell and Cody I'm warming up my Pony stall so I can start putting my Motor mounts on! Wifes in Florida, I'm here all alone for a 3 day weekend!..........looks like it may get drunk out tonight!...
Old 2/15/08, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I just got home from Brenspeeds.
Interesting day!
Got a ride in Tom's Super-powered Stang.That thing is impressive

I'm sure Brent was hoping he'd have 3 more Saleen sales after Scott,Ben & myself got a taste.

Tom, thanks for lunch forgot before I left.

Poor Scott, he was the first to make an appointment & the last to get his car worked on. Dave had just finished up Ben's car & they dyno'ed it & I had to head back east. He was pacing around like a expectant father while Dave was working on his car

Numbers so far,Tom waaay in the lead with 450/450;
Ben had 318/307 N/A & 385/455(not sure on the torque#) (Ben can correct me) with 100 shot nitrous.
I came in last with 288/307 N/A. Still plenty me.
Scott TBD yet. He was going to stay there again tonight,so we may not hear from him until tomorrow.

Brent,Dave & Seth were just geat, those guys really impress me. I'm amazed at all those 3 can accomplish.
Overall, a great day That was my first trip to Brenspeed, but I'm sure it'll not be my last visit.
Old 2/15/08, 04:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Well, I just got home from Brenspeeds.
Interesting day!
Got a ride in Tom's Super-powered Stang.That thing is impressive

I'm sure Brent was hoping he'd have 3 more Saleen sales after Scott,Ben & myself got a taste.

Tom, thanks for lunch forgot before I left.

Poor Scott, he was the first to make an appointment & the last to get his car worked on. Dave had just finished up Ben's car & they dyno'ed it & I had to head back east. He was pacing around like a expectant father while Dave was working on his car

Numbers so far,Tom waaay in the lead with 450/450;
Ben had 318/307 N/A & 385/455(not sure on the torque#) (Ben can correct me) with 100 shot nitrous.
I came in last with 288/307 N/A. Still plenty me.
Scott TBD yet. He was going to stay there again tonight,so we may not hear from him until tomorrow.

Brent,Dave & Seth were just geat, those guys really impress me. I'm amazed at all those 3 can accomplish.
Overall, a great day That was my first trip to Brenspeed, but I'm sure it'll not be my last visit.
Larry, thanks for the update! I've been wondering how things turned out for you guys....are your numbers about what you expected? how far off was your canned tune when Brent dyno tuned your car?........Why was Scott last? what happened did he get drunk and over sleep!....
Old 2/15/08, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure why Scott was last. He was just getting the NSR cams installed & tuned. Ben got the NSR cams,new throttle body,delete plates & a C&L Racer CAI all done.
I was first cause I was just getting a dyno & minor tweaking done. Bremt's email tune was just about perfect as was. I just wanted to verify for peace on mind, as they don't sell the OBX L/T's. The A/F was spot on as was & he was only able to get me another 2HP.
I was hoping to see 300 or so @ the wheels, but you get what you got. I also think winter blend fuel is a little less power with the additives added.

Bottom line for me, Brent's email tune I had was darn near perfect. That guy is sharp
Dave appears to do all the wrenching there. He had all the mods done on Ben's car in about 5hrs.

I've got to give Scott a call & see how he made out.
Old 2/15/08, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Not sure why Scott was last. He was just getting the NSR cams installed & tuned. Ben got the NSR cams,new throttle body,delete plates & a C&L Racer CAI all done.
I was first cause I was just getting a dyno & minor tweaking done. Bremt's email tune was just about perfect as was. I just wanted to verify for peace on mind, as they don't sell the OBX L/T's. The A/F was spot on as was & he was only able to get me another 2HP.
I was hoping to see 300 or so @ the wheels, but you get what you got. I also think winter blend fuel is a little less power with the additives added.

Bottom line for me, Brent's email tune I had was darn near perfect. That guy is sharp
Dave appears to do all the wrenching there. He had all the mods done on Ben's car in about 5hrs.

I've got to give Scott a call & see how he made out.
Thats what I've read before about Brent's tunes! and yes Brent is a Bright young man, I realized that the first time I talked to him on the phone! Larry it sounds like UDP's and Delete plates could get you to 300 hp I think what we all find out is the hp numbers that manufactures post for there headers and such seem to never pan out in the real world!
Old 2/15/08, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well guys I'm back....... (sorry Cody )...... I got my garage feeling decent so I tried to re-stripe my new hood- didn't work out. Oh well, guess I'll drive with a plain hood for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, some pix:

Brent made this for me- it is a comparison between the Vortech system and the Saleen:

I didn't get any pix of Ben's car since he was hogging the dyno all day..... I did get some vids though, I'll try to upload them.
Old 2/15/08, 06:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Well guys I'm back....... (sorry Cody )...... I got my garage feeling decent so I tried to re-stripe my new hood- didn't work out. Oh well, guess I'll drive with a plain hood for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, some pix:

Brent made this for me- it is a comparison between the Vortech system and the Saleen:

I didn't get any pix of Ben's car since he was hogging the dyno all day..... I did get some vids though, I'll try to upload them.
Tom, the Saleen is the best looking setup on the Market! your car looks great and the numbers are bad to the bone.. Now what are going to do to stay out of trouble.. OK man tell me some 70MACH1OWNER story's I know that old goat roper was freakin out all day...
Old 2/15/08, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I can't (won't) tell you Scott's info, all I will say is that he is VERY happy.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread