Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/08, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
No pink powder for me..... that's something that would look good with mirrors and a disco ball.... Darrell!
Old 2/9/08, 05:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Nascar in 30!
Old 2/9/08, 05:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
No pink powder for me..... that's something that would look good with mirrors and a disco ball.... Darrell!
I didn't think about that! It would match all that Carbon Fiber well!....
Old 2/9/08, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Nascar in 30!

I'm ready. Tony S. wrecked K. Bucsh yesterday..Let the fines and point deducts begin!!!
Old 2/9/08, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I'm ready. Tony S. wrecked K. Bucsh yesterday..Let the fines and point deducts begin!!!
Was that Kurt or Kyle? I've been away from TV this weekend..
Old 2/9/08, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
I e-mailed them about it last night. Here is their reply.

We have many hotels to choose from in Warsaw. We prefer the Comfort Inn and Suites, its nice and in a good location. It’s right on HWY-30 and next to a Ruby Tuesday. If you tell them you are in town to do business with Brenspeed you should be able to get our discounted rate. I do not have their number handy but it’s the only Comfort Inn in Warsaw.

Did they knock out a wall to put in the lift or move the Dyno? I remember the dyno bay being a little over 1 car wiide. There was a small room on the right side of the dyno bay where they filled Nitrous bottles

Hey Ben,
Looked them up and made my reservations tonight. Got 2 discounts. Got a king size bed for one that started at $79.00. Got a muture travelers discount (over 50) for $71.00...Mentioned Brenspeed and got it for a final price of $69.00. Well worth it!!! I will leave here around 3:30PM on Thursday and should be there by 7:30. I will be at Brenspeeds by 7 AM to meet Larry!! Hope I don't have to have dinner by myself guys!!
Scott
Old 2/9/08, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Was that Kurt or Kyle? I've been away from TV this weekend..

He wrecked Kurt. They are just picking up where they left off last year!!
Old 2/9/08, 05:47 PM

I hate how tony always yells at the media for "making something out of nothing" and then he goes and keeps starting sh*t and whining about the media attention...

also...a lot of people like him becuase he roughs people up ...but the thing is...he never owns it, he alwys blames someeone else...if he would own is actions, I may have a little more repect or him.
Old 2/9/08, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
I hate how tony always yells at the media for "making something out of nothing" and then he goes and keeps starting sh*t and whining about the media attention...

also...a lot of people like him becuase he roughs people up ...but the thing is...he never owns it, he alwys blames someeone else...if he would own is actions, I may have a little more repect or him.

I hope I don't offend anyone but he reminds of the "ole Dale Earnhardt Sr" of the mid 90's. It was never his fault back then either. I used to get so ****ed at him for wrecking Mark Martin back than!!
Old 2/9/08, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey! oldmach1goatboy,.... the more I drive with the tranny tweek the more I like, Its a lot more fun to drive in town with the overdrive not kickin till 55 mph.......
Old 2/9/08, 06:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hope I don't offend anyone but he reminds of the "ole Dale Earnhardt Sr" of the mid 90's. It was never his fault back then either. I used to get so ****ed at him for wrecking Mark Martin back than!!
OK! I'll say it!...D E Sr. was a *******!! I've talked Mark Martin a couple times in a non race situation his Grand mother lived next door to my wifes sister in Tennessee! Mark's a class act!!...
Old 2/9/08, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

More rain here tonight...... sunny all day but now rain.

Gosh darn George Bush and his global warming.
Old 2/9/08, 08:11 PM

Welp...looks like Dale Jr. made a good move going to Hendrick.
Old 2/9/08, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna jump in head first on the NASCAR smack. (and I'm not really a fan of NASCAR anymore, to many fines and rule changes for me) There is just some tracks I have to watch. Mark Martin may be a class act, off the track. But, on the track he was not a tough enough racer, that is why he never won a championship. Not willing to get down and dirty when he needed to. Case in point Tony, Big E, Lil E or Darrell Waltrip in his prime would not have been beaten at Daytona last year by Kevin Harvick. There may have been a huge wreck, but he would not have gotten around them.

I went to a Midget race on dirt here in Indy a few years ago when Tony was still running Busch only. When practice and qualifing were just about over they made an announcment that there would be a slight delay for a late arrival. Tony was flying in from Milwaukee. When he got there they pushed the car onto the track. Tony was still getting dressed and strapped in. He had not even walked the track, much less hot lapped. He set fast time, (they get 1 qualifing lap) then won his heat race and finished second in the feature. Since that day I have liked him alot more than before. It was really impressive to see his car control, I just wish Gibbs hadn't went to the freakin foreign cars. Not a GM fan either, but better than toyota. I know it all about $$$$$.

IMO.. GM was do deep into Hendrick, Chilldress and DEI to go deep with Gibbs. Toyota's list of has been's, never have been and never will be drivers was not going to get them a win in cup. So I'm sure they gave up big bucks to get Gibbs to switch. I mean when Michael Waltrip Racing is your flagship so to speak the ship won't take long to sink.

I watched the practice last night live, I would have to say IMO Kurt was at fault. Tony tried to go low and Kurt blocked him, he then tried to high got a run and Kurt tried to squeeze him to the wall. Maybe Roger Penske should have left Kurt's big radar ears alone so he would have known Tony was coming.

This has been an editorial comment by Ben. Let the flaming begin.
Old 2/10/08, 03:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! oldmach1goatboy,.... the more I drive with the tranny tweek the more I like, Its a lot more fun to drive in town with the overdrive not kickin till 55 mph.......
Old 2/10/08, 03:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
I'm gonna jump in head first on the NASCAR smack. (and I'm not really a fan of NASCAR anymore, to many fines and rule changes for me) There is just some tracks I have to watch. Mark Martin may be a class act, off the track. But, on the track he was not a tough enough racer, that is why he never won a championship. Not willing to get down and dirty when he needed to. Case in point Tony, Big E, Lil E or Darrell Waltrip in his prime would not have been beaten at Daytona last year by Kevin Harvick. There may have been a huge wreck, but he would not have gotten around them.

I went to a Midget race on dirt here in Indy a few years ago when Tony was still running Busch only. When practice and qualifing were just about over they made an announcment that there would be a slight delay for a late arrival. Tony was flying in from Milwaukee. When he got there they pushed the car onto the track. Tony was still getting dressed and strapped in. He had not even walked the track, much less hot lapped. He set fast time, (they get 1 qualifing lap) then won his heat race and finished second in the feature. Since that day I have liked him alot more than before. It was really impressive to see his car control, I just wish Gibbs hadn't went to the freakin foreign cars. Not a GM fan either, but better than toyota. I know it all about $$$$$.

IMO.. GM was do deep into Hendrick, Chilldress and DEI to go deep with Gibbs. Toyota's list of has been's, never have been and never will be drivers was not going to get them a win in cup. So I'm sure they gave up big bucks to get Gibbs to switch. I mean when Michael Waltrip Racing is your flagship so to speak the ship won't take long to sink.

I watched the practice last night live, I would have to say IMO Kurt was at fault. Tony tried to go low and Kurt blocked him, he then tried to high got a run and Kurt tried to squeeze him to the wall. Maybe Roger Penske should have left Kurt's big radar ears alone so he would have known Tony was coming.

This has been an editorial comment by Ben. Let the flaming begin.
Ben,

No flaming from me. Basically I agree with everything you said. Including losing interest in Nascar the last few years. I have always been a hugh Mark Martin fan from the very early 90's. And your right...he was too much a gentleman on the track. Using the chrome horn a few key times and he would have had a championship under his belt. I suspect Hendrick will sweep this year again. Sat down to watch the race last night and fell asleep before the first lap. Never saw any of it. Guess that's why I am the only one up at 4:30 AM.
Old 2/10/08, 05:02 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dam you found me out. I blew my Tax refund on the following things

Attachment 39193

Attachment 39194

Attachment 39195

Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-xpink2.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 2/10/08, 05:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

Attachment 39193

Attachment 39194

Attachment 39195

After meeting you in the fall at Brenspeeds I think you really would look good in those chaps Darrell.:gay:
Old 2/10/08, 06:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ben,

No flaming from me. Basically I agree with everything you said. Including losing interest in Nascar the last few years. I have always been a hugh Mark Martin fan from the very early 90's. And your right...he was too much a gentleman on the track. Using the chrome horn a few key times and he would have had a championship under his belt. I suspect Hendrick will sweep this year again. Sat down to watch the race last night and fell asleep before the first lap. Never saw any of it. Guess that's why I am the only one up at 4:30 AM.
I could give a rats *** less! about NASCAR... Never been a big fan of Taxi cab racing, I dig open wheel....Its sucked since the split but that may soon change!!
Old 2/10/08, 06:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

Attachment 39193

Attachment 39194

Attachment 39195

HAHAHAHAA, I thought maybe that would spur you back into action.....

After meeting you in the fall at Brenspeeds I think you really would look good in those chaps Darrell.:gay:

+2, big boy........

By the way, wasn't that my boy Jr that won the shootout last night?

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread