Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/07 | 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Humm...missed the tech notes. :S Oops.

Wow! Nice find on the wheels. Wonder if they'll get the FR ones?

Tread, what's the top end of the V6 supposed to be? And does the new cruiser gonna have more room for ya?

I have no idea about the top speed but, I will be finding out if it would hurry up and get here. Supposedly it's not as roomy as the Vic. I started a thread about it here. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=66839
Old 8/3/07 | 09:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, it is one sweet police ride. I never liked the Crown Vics. Don't like the looks of the civie Charger, either. But man, as a police car, the Charger just looks mean as heck!
Old 8/3/07 | 02:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Sounds like your new Charger is going to be about the same time as my new GT. I guess we could still race huh?
Old 8/4/07 | 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

The CV would be perfect if they would stick the 3V 4.6 in it and made the brakes just a tad bit better. It handles great for a big car. The Charger does look very mean in Police form but, I hate the fact that it's gonna have a V-6 in it.

Falchion- You know where I work so feel free to come find me when our cars get here.
Old 8/4/07 | 08:05 PM

If I did find you would you write me a ticket?

I spent about three hours putting together a work bench and putting some extra lighting in the garage today. Getting ready for the new pony......

I also got about $50 worth of cleaning supplies including that new Turtle wax Ice liquid wax. The pics posted from guys who have used it convinced me to try it......

Originally Posted by Treadhead
The CV would be perfect if they would stick the 3V 4.6 in it and made the brakes just a tad bit better. It handles great for a big car. The Charger does look very mean in Police form but, I hate the fact that it's gonna have a V-6 in it.

Falchion- You know where I work so feel free to come find me when our cars get here.
Old 8/6/07 | 07:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm using Meguires NXT wax and liking that. I think it all comes down to the shine you see when you're done washing.

I will say though, get the 100% Cotton Made in USA towel from Bed, Bath and Beyond to wash the car (be sure to trim the hemmings off). I have yet to have a swirl mark on my car. I'm totally sold on using expensive (~$20) towels for washing the car.
Old 8/6/07 | 08:05 AM

Well, the Ice kit comes with a microfiber towel, and I ordered an orbitial buffer from Amazon.com yesterday. That should speed things up.

I just a little concerned that the buffer could put in swirl marks in the clear coat. What do you guys think?

I'm using Meguires NXT wax and liking that. I think it all comes down to the shine you see when you're done washing.

I will say though, get the 100% Cotton Made in USA towel from Bed, Bath and Beyond to wash the car (be sure to trim the hemmings off). I have yet to have a swirl mark on my car. I'm totally sold on using expensive (~$20) towels for washing the car.
Old 8/6/07 | 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

THe buffer should be okay as long as you use it properly. Most people run it too long in the same spot and burn the finish and swirl it up. I bought some NXT when I got my car but, never used it. My neighbor saw me washing the car a couple months ago and showed me some wash/wax stuff that he has. He waxed my car for me to show how good it is so I bought some of it. I don't remember the name (never heard of it before) but, it's a spray on/wipe off type stuff that can be used on a slightly dirty car too. My recent pics on the Trinity River are after it was waxed with this stuff.
Old 8/6/07 | 06:36 PM

Hmm, will your neighbor come over and wax my car too?

Yeah, I'm getting excited! New car fever!

THe buffer should be okay as long as you use it properly. Most people run it too long in the same spot and burn the finish and swirl it up. I bought some NXT when I got my car but, never used it. My neighbor saw me washing the car a couple months ago and showed me some wash/wax stuff that he has. He waxed my car for me to show how good it is so I bought some of it. I don't remember the name (never heard of it before) but, it's a spray on/wipe off type stuff that can be used on a slightly dirty car too. My recent pics on the Trinity River are after it was waxed with this stuff.
Old 8/9/07 | 12:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
Hmm, will your neighbor come over and wax my car too?

Yeah, I'm getting excited! New car fever!
LOL! I remember when I was like that after y'all two already had your Mustangs!
Old 8/9/07 | 10:42 AM

Yeah, you got yours pretty soon afterwards!

Hopefully mine will be built this week. I called Reid to ask if they had any Candy Apple Mustangs in yet to look at, but he said they didn't have any....

I went down to Discount Tire and ordered some wheels, and tires this afternoon!

I was able to work a deal just like last where I trade in the stock wheels/tires and get a $400 discount off a new set of after market. I went with the same BFG tires I'm running now in 255/50/R17 and here's a link to my new wheels.......

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...1053&tc=HOTSIX

Where are you guys? Hello! Anybody there?

I just found out that my car was built on 8-10-07, and released on 8-13-07. It should ship in another couple of days!

LOL! I remember when I was like that after y'all two already had your Mustangs!
Old 8/17/07 | 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Those are gonna look good! That was one of the wheels I was considering back when I got mine. I can't wait to see the new Stang.
Old 8/17/07 | 01:23 PM

Hey, there you are!

Thanks, I think they're going to look good too. They have kind of a retro look to them. Got a pretty good deal on them too.

I got a copy of my window sticker yesterday! Pretty cool!

Those are gonna look good! That was one of the wheels I was considering back when I got mine. I can't wait to see the new Stang.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2008 Pony Window Sticker.pdf (145.1 KB, 137 views)
Old 8/17/07 | 08:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool deal with the window sticker! Should be here soon.
The wheels look similar to Mach One wheels which is why I like them.
Old 8/18/07 | 10:21 AM

Yeah, that's why I liked them also! They got the wheels in yesterday, so I went down and looked at them. Oh man they looked good!

I also went down this last week and saw Some Candy Apple red Mustangs at Five Star Ford. They looked good, but the color was closer to Redfire then I expected. I think it would look lighter on a overcast day then Redfire.

Anyways, Candy Apple looked good, better then some of the pictures guys had posted on the Forum.

Cool deal with the window sticker! Should be here soon.
The wheels look similar to Mach One wheels which is why I like them.
Old 8/18/07 | 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

I haven't seen one in person yet but, it seems to be a little lighter and less metallic. Is that about right?
Old 8/18/07 | 03:14 PM

Actually it's a little darker in the sun, but doesn't have the blue or gold shade that Redfire does. I know that in a lot of the pics on this forum it looks lighter then Redfire. In other words, a redder red? If you know what I mean?

But, you'll see it in person sooner or later I'm sure!

I just hope it's not when you're giving me a ticket!

I haven't seen one in person yet but, it seems to be a little lighter and less metallic. Is that about right?
Old 8/19/07 | 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Actually it's a little darker in the sun, but doesn't have the blue or gold shade that Redfire does. I know that in a lot of the pics on this forum it looks lighter then Redfire. In other words, a redder red? If you know what I mean?

But, you'll see it in person sooner or later I'm sure!

I just hope it's not when you're giving me a ticket!
Oh I'm sure you're gonna get stopped if I see ya where I work! Negotiations will commence at that point.
Old 8/19/07 | 06:35 PM

Are you still in that area that you were a couple of years ago? If you are, I'd pull me over too!

So what ever happened to Ghost?

Ghost! Where are you?

Oh I'm sure you're gonna get stopped if I see ya where I work! Negotiations will commence at that point.
Old 8/20/07 | 07:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOL! I'm here...just been busy! I like the Hot Wheel rims! I agree, they remind me of the Mach rims. Can't wait to see 'em on your car!

Dang...making me want some wheels, too.

Radar detector, CAI, rims...

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew