2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another up side to this issue is that you will have it all worked out for us by the time we see our car Bill. Thanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 08:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Stopped by the dealership yesterday afternoon to look for my baby.
Verdict = Didn't see her [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
That could be a good thing actually, because the building where they prep the vehicles is gated off and locked so I couldn't peer in to see if she is in there.
Did see a couple of Stangs they didn't have there before. One is a Mustang by Car FX in Tulsa and the other is an 05 V6 marked as a Special Edition. Don't know about that other than maybe a dealer package?
See what you think and yes light rain and windy conditions in OK = Dirty cars.
See the cars HERE
Old 3/13/06, 08:28 AM
GTR Member

Good luck today... hope you get the phone call!

Now we kinda know what you look like (in your Cobra emblem pic)!
Old 3/13/06, 08:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 13, 2006, 7:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Stopped by the dealership yesterday afternoon to look for my baby.
Verdict = Didn't see her [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
That could be a good thing actually, because the building where they prep the vehicles is gated off and locked so I couldn't peer in to see if she is in there.
Did see a couple of Stangs they didn't have there before. One is a Mustang by Car FX in Tulsa and the other is an 05 V6 marked as a Special Edition. Don't know about that other than maybe a dealer package?
See what you think and yes light rain and windy conditions in OK = Dirty cars.
See the cars HERE
[/b][/quote]
Daryl- Hope you get 'the call' soon!

The modded TR GT doesn't look too bad. Bet the dealer add on for all that is $$$! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

Also, why didn't they change out those factory spoke looking rims on that V6 SE?
Old 3/13/06, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 13, 2006, 9:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good luck today... hope you get the phone call![/b][/quote]
Thanks, funny how every time they page me for a phone call I'm all excited. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 13, 2006, 9:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now we kinda know what you look like (in your Cobra emblem pic)!
[/b][/quote]
Yea I noticed that, but I just look like a fat scrunched up Okie in that pic. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 13, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl- Hope you get 'the call' soon![/b][/quote]
Thanks, me too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 13, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The modded TR GT doesn't look too bad. Bet the dealer add on for all that is $$$! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote] I think it is just for show, not for sale but i"m sure it's pricey. lol
Also, why didn't they change out those factory spoke looking rims on that V6 SE?
[/b][/quote]
I have no idea [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] , those BOSS wheels are on another V6.
Old 3/13/06, 10:35 AM
GTR Member

I got my mirror inserts from Midwest Auto Gear already!! They look beautiful and match the contour of the mirror perfectly and since they use the same Ford paint and clearcoat, it's a perfect match. Here's their link again... http://www.midwestautogear.com/05_Mirror_Insert.htm (they deserve the publicity!)

Here's a quick pic with the insert just laying on the mirror... I'll take my time and put them on over my weekend (Wed & Thurs).

[attachmentid=46759]

No news yet, Daryl??? (like you wouldn't have told us already!)
Old 3/13/06, 05:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well first off, that mirror insert looks good, contemplating adding that to my list of mods. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Forums have been up and down all darn day so no I haven't posted any news yet, but here is my story for today.

Do I have the car yet? NO [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
Got antsy again so at lunch I drove to the dealership.
Looked at the prep building and there sat a Blue Mustang GT, got my wheels and all. I was like oh heck yea that has go to be my baby.
Walk up look at the Window Sticker and guess what ?
H E L L S Yea it's mine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] She is so dirty she looks like a brown not Vista Blue car. (No PDI yet fresh off truck)
So I walk over to show my friend the mustangs I posted here yesterday and out walks my salesman.
Kinda actually made me mad becasue he didn't return my phone call from 10am so I assumed he was not at work today.
I told him to get his hiney over there and clean that blue one, he laughed and said, Oh you weren't supposed to see that yet, you must have ESP it just got off the truck. (I thought omg I've known where that car is the whole time. lol)
So I get the call at almost 6:00 pm that she is ready. Too late Credit Union closed, Insurance Agent went home. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
So tomorrow AM I get my baby [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

All Right!!! We'll be waiting for pictures!!