2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MIDWEST Shock Tower covers

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/06, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLAD TO SEE THAT THIS COMPANY REALLY CARES FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. I HAVE A SET BUT HAVEN'T INSTALLED THEM SINCE I WAS WAITING FOR THE FIX FOR THE RUBBING ISSUE. I CAN WAIT AS LONG AS NECCESSARY FOR THEM TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. MAG IS NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK
Old 11/27/06, 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to see Midwest come thru for its customers. I had their cover, which I thought was an excellent design and great quality until I put the s/c on.

Went a different route on the strut towers but plan on getting their battery cover when and if they make it
Old 11/27/06, 05:39 PM
GT Member

I spoke with someone at Midwest this morning. Mine are still somewhere in the Postal system, but said not to even bother sending them back, since they can't use them. As soon as the retooling is completed, they will begin shipping new sets out to everyone who had previously orded, hopefully in a couple of weeks. She was very apologetic! This afternoon, I also received this email from them.....

the Status of your Order No. 293 has been changed.

Comments on your Order:
Due to fit issues with some of the Mustangs, we will not ship the shock tower covers at this time. As soon as the issue is resolved, we will begin to ship the covers.
__________________________________________________ __________

The updated Status of your order is:
__________________________________________________ __________

Confirmed

...They truely do have great customer service!
Old 11/28/06, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone interested to sell their old sets since you will all get replacements for free ? I'd like to get one pair for show only ?

PM me if you are interested...
Old 11/30/06, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Midwest Auto Gear
We were not aware of this problem until now.
All of those that purchased already, I would ask that you give us a chance to fix the problem. When the new part is ready we will gladly send new ones to the folks that have already purchased. We are making this change as fast as humanly possible, so we ask for your patience. We have a car that shows the problem, that was a big first step. We apologize for any inconvenience or angst that this may have caused for anyone.
THIS is why I will continue to do business with this company. Simply told the truth. Stuff happens
Take all the time you need to get it right and send mine out.

Huge Thank You for the update !
Old 12/20/06, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Anyone have updates on when new product will be shipped out?

Thanks
Old 12/26/06, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

MidWEST AUTO GEAR SHOCK TOWER COVER?

any word on when they'll be re-released?
Old 12/26/06, 10:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
No word yet on my end...
Old 12/27/06, 06:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

yep....I've got the darn bulge too. I thought it looked a little funny. Does anyone know if we will have to send the old ones back before the new ones are sent? Are they automatically going to send the replacements to those that already have them?
Old 12/27/06, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I think earlier in the thread , someone said they said not to sent them back and they would ship automatically ...
Old 12/27/06, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I think earlier in the thread , someone said they said not to sent them back and they would ship automatically ...
Yes, I heard the same thing. Without reading all 6 pages back, I think this is the latest from Midwest...

If you still want them, keep the defective covers and replacements will be shipped out when available.

If you want a refund, then ship them back along with a note asking for a refund.

MWAG said that for those who do keep them, not to re-sell them. The covers can still be used at car shows (install when the engine bay is displayed).
Old 12/27/06, 10:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HiRoller
yep....I've got the darn bulge too. I thought it looked a little funny. Does anyone know if we will have to send the old ones back before the new ones are sent? Are they automatically going to send the replacements to those that already have them?

I thought a bulge was a good thing
Old 1/5/07, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I got my replacements strut tower covers today. For free to test. Only one problem is that they are the wrong color. I got black.

Then tonight I notice these new puppies from Steeda..

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...overs_s197.php
Old 1/5/07, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Mmmm, I'm thinking of canceling my order and going with Steeda's? Midwest sent me a email yesterday saying it would be two more weeks before they know if they got a fix, and then who know's when it will be shipped?
Old 1/5/07, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Those strut covers from Steeda look nice. I'd love to see them on a car to get the full effect.
Old 1/5/07, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by praztek
Mmmm, I'm thinking of canceling my order and going with Steeda's? Midwest sent me a email yesterday saying it would be two more weeks before they know if they got a fix, and then who know's when it will be shipped?
I think that they are using some of us as their test bed. In the interest of giving a fair review for the TMS faithful, I'll put the black covers on my GO tower cover and do a little test to see if they continue to rub. I too would like to see the Steeda ones on a unit...
Old 1/5/07, 08:33 PM

I got home today and had a slip on my door that i have a package at the post office to pick up. It says it's from midwest so i assume it is new covers. I'll find out tomorrow. I'm liking the steeda covers though.
Old 1/5/07, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I think that they are using some of us as their test bed. In the interest of giving a fair review for the TMS faithful, I'll put the black covers on my GO tower cover and do a little test to see if they continue to rub. I too would like to see the Steeda ones on a unit...
Use some transfer putty on top of the new covers in the areas where it rubbed to make sure it doesn't come into contact with anything.
Old 1/5/07, 09:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i like the steeda's since i have black and the MWAG's will not really show but still cover up the now rusty looking bolts
Old 1/6/07, 01:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by praztek
JMO.

Quick Reply: MIDWEST Shock Tower covers