2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MIDWEST Shock Tower covers

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/07, 07:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I totally agree.

Chuck, where did you read that I didn't like the Steeda billet covers?
I DO like them!

I do NOT like the re-designed MWAG covers; looks too caved in. This is just my opinion, I'm sure some will like this new design.

I'm not sure how the refund policy will work. I piggy-backed my order off of Leo's.
Sorry bill. I had you confused with someone elseMy sincerest apologies
Old 1/10/07, 07:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Sorry bill. I had you confused with someone elseMy sincerest apologies
No problem, Chuck. I get confused on a daily basis!
Old 1/10/07, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update from Dan at MWAG was that the appearance would stay the same. Only difference would be that the logo area will be textured like the originals and that the finished product would look alot nicer.
Old 1/10/07, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Update from Dan at MWAG was that the appearance would stay the same. Only difference would be that the logo area will be textured like the originals and that the finished product would look alot nicer.
appearance will stay the same as the new ones or the old ones?
Old 1/10/07, 02:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 02pnygt
appearance will stay the same as the new ones or the old ones?
New ones.
Old 1/13/07, 06:09 PM

I am glad I checked this thread out, I thought I was the only one having this problem. Does anyone know when MWAG will be complete with the redesign? I just emailed them and I am just waiting for a reply.
Old 1/13/07, 06:27 PM
GT Member

I have had my test Black Tower Caps on my cars for one week of driving with no noticeable marking or blemishes or hood bulges. My first pair marked up on their maiden drive in less than an hour. I am under the impression they are going to wait for responses from the customers with the test covers until they start manufacturing and painting replacements. I really have to give these guys and gals (MWAG) a lot of credit for addressing this problem so aggressively. Thanks for the great customer service as always.
Old 1/13/07, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dan at MWAG told me they'd be shipping the new ones within a few weeks. IMO I'm still not happy with the new look. Here's some pics comparing the old mold and the new one.

Old 1/14/07, 07:04 AM
GTR Member

Dan at MWAG told me they'd be shipping the new ones within a few weeks. IMO I'm still not happy with the new look. Here's some pics comparing the old mold and the new one.

like I said before, it looks like the new design was accidentally melted on the side.
Old 1/14/07, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I am so glad I canceled my order when all this came up. I really like most of Midwest's stuff but this really looks bad to me. The 'melted' look just will not due.
Old 1/14/07, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jcthorne
I am so glad I canceled my order when all this came up. I really like most of Midwest's stuff but this really looks bad to me. The 'melted' look just will not due.
I like the idea's midwest has for their products and there is no doubt that their customer service is top notch. I'm not so sure anymore about initial quality of products when they hit the market. First thing I got from them was a custom painted intake cover. This I must say i was very happy with once i got it. Apparantly my v6 cover got sent to a gt owner over seas and I got his gt cover. They actually sent me another v6 cover until they could get both shipped back and sent back out. My next order from them was for the rad cover and strut tower covers. We all know what happened with the strut covers. I had sent back the first set I got and they sent me replacements that still didn't work. Not only didn't the fit right but the color was way off. This was apparantly caused by the material that was used. I was kind of disappointed that their rad cover was nothing more than a painted stock piece. If I new that i would have just had mine painted. The paint finish on the one they sent was horrible. Just didn't look real even and there was dirt in the paint. I ended up sending it all back and getting a refund. I was really looking forward to the fix on the strut covers but after receiving the test fit ones I am really disappointed in the fix. Like mentioned above it just looks like the heated them up and put a big dimple in it. I'm really looking forward to seeing some feedback on the steeda covers.
Old 1/14/07, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Don't have a "dog in this fight" since I went with the UPR strut covers but I've ordered the engine cover and mirror covers without any problems. The strut cover issue has been a nightmare for customers...and for them I would think. At least their customer service regarding the problem appears to have been excellent.

They are suppose to come out with a battery cover which I have an interest in pending pics, etc.
Old 1/14/07, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 02pnygt
I'm really looking forward to seeing some feedback on the Steeda covers.
I really think the Steeda's look awesome in the pictures but I'm pretty sure they are only going to cover the whole for the strut.
praztek, did you get your Steeda's yet? Keep us posted.
Old 1/14/07, 08:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Yeah, it's really too bad the original design didn't fit right. They looked real good. The new "test" ones may have fixed the fit issue but now they have an appearance problem. I'm not liking the "melted" look. I can already hear the comments at the shows, "Did you put those things too close to a heater or something? They look like they got melted."
I hope Midwest is hearing all this feedback and taking it in the positive manner it is intended. If they could reduce the size of the logo part and keep close to the original shape it would look a lot better. I understand that there is great expense in tooling and retooling to make this part fit correctly but if it doesn't look pleasing to the eye the money spent on development will be tough to recoup.
Old 1/14/07, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

My thoughts on this issue are this. Leave the Strut covers as they were in the original design and simply market them as Show only items. That way they keep the good look. Not sure how many of you would be cool with that. I personally ave not purchased the strut covers but i do have the Plenum and RAD cover. Just a thought. Or make two versions One for show and one for everyday use.

Richard
Old 1/14/07, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by garyb900
Yeah, it's really too bad the original design didn't fit right. They looked real good. The new "test" ones may have fixed the fit issue but now they have an appearance problem. I'm not liking the "melted" look. I can already hear the comments at the shows, "Did you put those things too close to a heater or something? They look like they got melted."
I hope Midwest is hearing all this feedback and taking it in the positive manner it is intended. If they could reduce the size of the logo part and keep close to the original shape it would look a lot better. I understand that there is great expense in tooling and retooling to make this part fit correctly but if it doesn't look pleasing to the eye the money spent on development will be tough to recoup.
When I spoke with Dan last week and voiced my concern about the appearance he told me that they weren't going to change it. This was after I told him several people weren't happy with the appearance.

So with that said I'd like to get a head count of how many people are planning to ask for a refund if the current design is finalized.

I'll start by saying I'll be asking for a refund.
Old 1/14/07, 05:21 PM
GT Member

There scheduled to arrive tomorrow, will post pics asap!

Originally Posted by Robbieg
I really think the Steeda's look awesome in the pictures but I'm pretty sure they are only going to cover the whole for the strut.
Old 1/14/07, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

When I spoke with Dan last week and voiced my concern about the appearance he told me that they weren't going to change it. This was after I told him several people weren't happy with the appearance.

So with that said I'd like to get a head count of how many people are planning to ask for a refund if the current design is finalized.

I'll start by saying I'll be asking for a refund.
I'd like a refund and will go with Steeda's as soon as I hear there are no issues with theirs
Old 1/14/07, 08:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boltzman
I'd like a refund and will go with Steeda's as soon as I hear there are no issues with theirs
+1... that's what I'm thinking.

I'll give MGWAG one last crack and wait til I see the final product.
Old 1/14/07, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
I was told by Steeda that their covers go over the center hole. I asked because I wanted to know if they were compatible with an engine cross brace.

Quick Reply: MIDWEST Shock Tower covers