2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MIDWEST Shock Tower covers

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/07, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So i am curious to know. Has anyone with the Tokico D-Specs tried these yet? I know the center bolt on the Tokico Strut seems to protrude higher than the stock Strut so has anyone looked at this being and issue yet?

Richard
Old 1/6/07, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Any reports on the fit of the new covers?
I haven't had any news directly from Midwest since it happened.
Old 1/6/07, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garyb900
Any reports on the fit of the new covers?
I haven't had any news directly from Midwest since it happened.
I sent an email to Midwest about 2 weeks ago regarding the status of their battery cover which they intend to make. They said that the first priority was to resolve the strut tower cover issue before anything else.

I'm sure they want to get whatever "solution" they come up with right before starting another new project
Old 1/8/07, 08:47 AM

Your a beta tester

I just got mine too and said the same thing to myself, then I read the "PLEASE READ" letter. It says that we are testers for redesigned covers and when Midwest gets all feedback back we will all get new ones that are correct color.

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Well, I got my replacements strut tower covers today. For free to test. Only one problem is that they are the wrong color. I got black.

Then tonight I notice these new puppies from Steeda..

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...overs_s197.php
Old 1/8/07, 09:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Alan, Kerry, Bill?

Can someone please snap these R&D covers on and tell us if the riding issue is fixed?
Old 1/8/07, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Alan, Kerry, Bill?

Can someone please snap these R&D covers on and tell us if the riding issue is fixed?
I just picked mine up from the post office this morning. Unfortunately my car is at stainless works for the new headers they are developing for the next month so i'm not going to be able to test fit them. I emailed Midwest this morning to see if they want to send them to somebody else.

Kerry
Old 1/8/07, 09:15 AM
GT Member

I would like to know if they fixed the issue as well. I'm seconds away from canceling my order and going with the new Steeda's Ones.
Old 1/8/07, 09:55 AM

I don't have car here (pic)

I didn't bring car, but here is a picture of test piece to show the design change i.e. cut out is bigger.

John

Alan, Kerry, Bill?

Attached Images  
Old 1/8/07, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BILLB60
I didn't bring car, but here is a picture of test piece to show the design change i.e. cut out is bigger.
Thanks for posting the pic, John. (Sorry I called you Bill.. had to go by your username at the time).

I'm not really feeling the 'new' design.
Old 1/8/07, 11:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for posting the pic, John.

I'm not really feeling the 'new' design.

I took some pics this weekend kind of as my "before" pictures, and I was going to do some driving tomorrow (rain today) and see what happens. I don't really have any transfer tape or anything like that to get a look see on it. I will have to eyeball it.

There was a disclaimer in the letter that the finish of the finished product would look nicer on the monogram side.. Right now, the comment was that they just wanted to test the mold. I will ride around on Tues and see if I see anything. Like you mentioned, Bill. I am also not feeling it anymore for this product. My biggest frustration with them is actually taking the suckers off without breaking one of the plastic teeth.
Old 1/8/07, 11:18 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O.k. those Steeda covers are sweet IMO. Bill,how could you not like those ? Can we cancel our order to Midwest if we are waiting for replacements?? The new ones look like they got melted on the sides
Old 1/8/07, 12:08 PM

better pic

Originally Posted by Boltzman
O.k. those Steeda covers are sweet IMO. Bill,how could you not like those ? Can we cancel our order to Midwest if we are waiting for replacements?? The new ones look like they got melted on the sides
Not melted more of a circluar cutout, again just test shots may be reworked again.
Attached Images  
Old 1/8/07, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I totally agree.

Chuck, where did you read that I didn't like the Steeda billet covers?

I DO like them!

I do NOT like the re-designed MWAG covers; looks too caved in. This is just my opinion, I'm sure some will like this new design.

I'm not sure how the refund policy will work. I piggy-backed my order off of Leo's.
Old 1/8/07, 01:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Can somebody please take a decent pic that we can 1)zoom in on 2) doesn't have any shadowing.
Old 1/8/07, 01:54 PM
GT Member

I wasn't on the initial shipment of these, my order was on hold. I pulled the trigger and got my refund and purchased the Steeda's. Might not be till next week, but I'll be sure to post pics.

Qty Name SKU Each Sub Total
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 555-0655 - Steeda Billet Strut Covers - Engraved - '05-'07555-0655
$59.95 $59.95
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total $59.95
Shipping: UPS Ground $10.04
Tax Total $0.00
Grand Total $69.99
Old 1/8/07, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
Well, I got my replacements strut tower covers today. For free to test. Only one problem is that they are the wrong color. I got black.

Then tonight I notice these new puppies from Steeda..

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...overs_s197.php
Has anyone seen these steeda covers in person, it's hard to tell in the picture but I think they might just cover the strut hole and not the whole top of the strut tower.
Old 1/8/07, 02:01 PM
GT Member

Looks to me that the coverage area from the pic seems fine. Guess I'll find out.
Old 1/9/07, 02:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I got my covers late yesterday afternoon and did some testing.
The testing involved getting putty (spackle) and spreading about a 1/8-1/4 inch over the entire top of the strut covers. After doing so I closed the hood and pressed down on the area directly over the strut covers. Upon reopening the hood there was no transfer of putty to the underside of the hood. There does not to appear to be any hood bulge with the new design.***FYI I have the hoodliner/heatshield removed so I may have a little extra clearance*** I'll do some driving tomorrow and see if that causes any rubbing while going over speedbumps or driveways.

My only complaint now is the appearance. I'd suggest moving or reducing the size of the logo area since with the new design it seems to end so aburptly. I'd hope that MWAG will work on this aspect now that it seems the technical problems have been solved.

One thing I did notice and not sure how they accomplished this but the covers are now very simple to remove and don't go flying out of your hands. Kudos to MWAG. Now please fix the design and I'll be happy.
Old 1/9/07, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well I got my covers late yesterday afternoon and did some testing.
Thanks for testing this out, Leo.

Guess I'll wait for the final version to see how they look like before making up my mind on them.
Old 1/9/07, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Glad to see that progress has been made but I'm not liking the look too much either. I agree, they may have to redesign the appearance part to make it as good looking as it is functional. The logo may have to be made smaller to fit/look right now that the cutout is larger.

Quick Reply: MIDWEST Shock Tower covers