2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MIDWEST Shock Tower covers

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/06, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more good reason for all of us on this forum to keep eachother up to date. Let's keep posting our experiences. I've just been on here a short time (a convert from five years on the Mustang Corral) and I've learned things here I've never seen anywhere else. Thanks.
Old 11/23/06, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Very true. However, they are not sold as 'For Show Only', that's where my issue is. For that reason, they are going back. I will reconsider only when they re-engineer it with no rubbing/riding condition.

MWAG does produce quality accessories, but for some reason, these strut caps were not throughly engineered. True, there are production variances, but thus far, 100% of the members here experience the same riding condition. Really, wasn't some kind of transfer tape tested on top of the cover on the prototypes specifically to avoid issues like this?
I agree. If they were advertised as a "For Show Only" I would not have bought them. I want to leave them on and forget about them. I don't want to have to take them on and off every time I raise the hood.
Old 11/23/06, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

have the same issue with my intake cover.a rub spot near the back end.....
Old 11/23/06, 10:42 PM
GT Member

Has anyone called them on the hood buldging? I was really hoping to get them for X-mas, but not till this is now fixed as well.
Old 11/24/06, 12:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Im bummed, I was going to send them my strut tower bar for a test fitting in return for "free" covers. Now it seems rather pointless.
Old 11/24/06, 04:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by praztek
Has anyone called them on the hood buldging? I was really hoping to get them for X-mas, but not till this is now fixed as well.
I have not called them yet because I didn't discover this until late Wednesday and really looked at it good on Thursday which was Thanksgiving. I would guess there is no one there until Monday. I did send an email notifying them of the problem and asking for instructions.
Old 11/24/06, 06:57 AM

Add my name to list

I too check mine Thursday, and sure enough my hood was bulging up.
Old 11/24/06, 07:54 AM
GTR Member

I sent them a PM asking if they were aware of the hood bulge.
Old 11/24/06, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sending mine back and asking for a full credit.
Old 11/24/06, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

any response from MGW?e

from MGW....i orderd like 3 days ago...do not ship if my hood is raising
Old 11/24/06, 04:05 PM
GT Member

I also ordered mine earlier this week. Looks like they will be going back before I even take them out of the box......
Old 11/24/06, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy bummer...

I really wanted to get some
Old 11/25/06, 06:57 PM
GTR Member

**** ,I have a bulge in my hood too.
I knew I spotted something weird last week but did'nt want to believe it. Do we have to pay for shipping back to them?? I hope not
Old 11/26/06, 07:19 AM

We were not aware of this problem until now. None of the cars that we used in development exhibited this problem. We went to our local dealer on Friday and found a coupe out their cars that did exhibit the problem. It looks like we have been bitten by the tolerance stack-up bug on some cars. We are in the process of changing the part so that there is not a problem on any car. This is going to involve a small change on the tooling so it will take a little bit of time. We are making sure that not only is the fit good, but also that there will be clearance.

All of those that purchased already, I would ask that you give us a chance to fix the problem. When the new part is ready we will gladly send new ones to the folks that have already purchased. We are making this change as fast as humanly possible, so we ask for your patience. We have a car that shows the problem, that was a big first step. We apologize for any inconvenience or angst that this may have caused for anyone.
Old 11/26/06, 07:36 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Midwest Auto Gear
We were not aware of this problem until now. None of the cars that we used in development exhibited this problem. We went to our local dealer on Friday and found a coupe out their cars that did exhibit the problem. It looks like we have been bitten by the tolerance stack-up bug on some cars. We are in the process of changing the part so that there is not a problem on any car. This is going to involve a small change on the tooling so it will take a little bit of time. We are making sure that not only is the fit good, but also that there will be clearance.

All of those that purchased already, I would ask that you give us a chance to fix the problem. When the new part is ready we will gladly send new ones to the folks that have already purchased. We are making this change as fast as humanly possible, so we ask for your patience. We have a car that shows the problem, that was a big first step. We apologize for any inconvenience or angst that this may have caused for anyone.
Sounds great to me! I think we all knew with your great customer service that you would take care of us...
What do we do on our end? Do we have to email you if we have the rub/bulge problem? Or do we automatically get sent another set with the proper clearance?
Old 11/26/06, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks For Responding

Thank you for responding to this so promptly. I don't know if I was the first to spot this but I did send you an email about it the other day. I know this caught you guys off guard especially being it was Thanksgiving.
I didn't want to cause a panic but I felt folks should know about this. As 89Trooper said, what do we do now? I was going to call you Tuesday to confirm my email and ask for instructions. Should we return the old ones to you, call you , or wait for you to contact us? I REALLY like these and sincerely hope you get the problem fixed. Thanks again for the prompt response here. Glad to see a stand up company actually providing customer service!
Old 11/26/06, 10:38 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

We apologize for any inconvenience or angst that this may have caused for anyone.
No great problem for me , I can wait until y`all straighten it all out.
I took mine off the other day as I noticed the buldge as well.

Looks to me like a caring Company.
Old 11/26/06, 10:50 AM
GTR Member

i waited 6 months for my car to arrive so I know I can hold out for these. Great cust service....On a side note,when will battery box covers be available? I hope this problem doesn't affect their production
Old 11/26/06, 03:52 PM

Thumbs up Keeping my business

It's good to know that a company sees a problems fixes as soon as possible. I will continue to keep my business and can't wait for the next new product.

Keep us informed about the retooled part .
Old 11/27/06, 07:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

You know what, I don't even own these yet but i'd like to say that this company is on the ball. I had many fittment issues with parts for my Mustang, just look at all the threads on how many people have issue with Strut Tower bars, Hood liners, etc.. It's a though challenge for them to design parts when the car design is not very stable, they really exposed themselves.

Thumbs up to Midwest Auto Gear for their prompt response and taking ownwership of the issue, they could have done like many other manufacturers and blame the car and trying to convince you that their product was not the issue.

My 2 cents !

Quick Reply: MIDWEST Shock Tower covers