Search this Thread

Old 1/4/05, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18G I know, but what is 18R?
Old 1/4/05, 08:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Without double checking... I'm pretty sure it's the code for IUP lite, the Sport Appearance Package. Aluminum trim for the steering wheel and shifter only.
Old 1/4/05, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18R is designed as a sport package. It only has the IUP steering wheel (for the leather wrapping), and the iup shifter. It is not really designed as a appearance package, it is more designed for people who just want the leather steeringwheel and leather shifter.
Old 1/5/05, 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Arrow

Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews.

Found this info on Fords BlueOval website.Not sure if it means not all previously ordered cars will still get the upgrade or any dealer orders taken in Janurary will not allow 18G package to be included at this time.
Old 1/5/05, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by zoomerman46@January 5, 2005, 7:39 AM
Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews.

Found this info on Fords BlueOval website.Not sure if it means not all previously ordered cars will still get the upgrade or any dealer orders taken in Janurary will not allow 18G package to be included at this time.
Read p. 8 of this same thread. B)
Old 1/5/05, 04:07 PM

Futurestang, I agree with your attack on improper business ethics and a general lack of consideration of those awaiting their new mustangs with the I.U.P option. The principal here is that Ford has an inherent responsibility to its customers, a responsibility which is not currently being met. It is not the task of the customer to justify and make excuses for mismanagement and poor corporate behavior by Ford. Having said all that I would encourage you to hang in and know that you are not alone!
Old 1/5/05, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ford was allowing for much lower production of the IUP option than they are getting. I am surprised that they lasted this long. They hit a homerun with this car and the IUP really adds appeal to it.
It's only a one month longer wait at this time. You can bet that Ford will get this cleared up, wheather it's a production supply problem or a copyright infrindgement issue. It may be a little bit of both at this time. It's a great package and well worth the wait in my opinion. Some of the first people who ordered their 05's back in May waited almost 6 months for their cars. Be patient and let your dealer know you will wait for 18G.
This car is definately worth the wait and getting what you want means a lot in the end, IMO
:yes:
Old 1/6/05, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by legendlimetime@December 31, 2004, 11:40 AM
I have a solution for futurestang. Buy mine! It has everything.
I'll buy it, where are you located?...As long as i can get my deposit back and it is NOT an automatic!
Old 1/6/05, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng@December 31, 2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for info Brad.

BTW, for anyone interested, there are 3 GTs (IUP) locally NE PA that have sat unsold since Nov. They are at or below sticker. If you want it that bad, buy one.
what is the name of the dealership?
Old 1/6/05, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Lets close this thread... IM tired of seeing it at the top
Old 1/6/05, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I think this tells the story.I think it's been up at least all day maybe longer.

http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/.../05/05/int.htm
Old 1/6/05, 05:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by fwfast@January 5, 2005, 5:10 PM
Futurestang, I agree with your attack on improper business ethics and a general lack of consideration of those awaiting their new mustangs with the I.U.P option. The principal here is that Ford has an inherent responsibility to its customers, a responsibility which is not currently being met. It is not the task of the customer to justify and make excuses for mismanagement and poor corporate behavior by Ford. Having said all that I would encourage you to hang in and know that you are not alone!
What this guy said...that is exactly what i am doing and just knowing i am not alone in this really has helped, and you never know, there is strength in #'s, maybe down the road somehow they will make it up to us somehow, giant rebate, credit for an 06 at 05 pricing with some really new cool option, oh yeah, a real high priority on the build date.
i'm really liking the titanium they will be offering for 06, if i went to the dealer tomorrow and told him i want my deposit back, would he have to give it to me?
I to, think the whole thing stinks, they should honor all the orders they took before they announced no more orders with IUP...they have got my money and my order, so now i want what you are supposed to give me, an 05 Stang built to the specs that are on my order form that you took...now I would feel very different if i tried to order the car tomorrow and they told me it is no longer available, OK, I can accept that and understand, but any orders taken and already in the system, should be honored, or somehow make it up to the customer, but definately not offer them a LIMP IUP lite pkg, that pkg stinks big time, whoever heard of 4 gauges in a performance car, and as been already stated, No Airbag, No Message Center, No Gauges, and for some of us, No Red Int. You cant go and buy this stuff aftermarket as some have said, just the trim pieces, and there is more than 1/2 of your 450 dollars!
I will give this mess till early spring to sort it self out, maybe then I will consider bailing out, and see what 06 has to offer, maybe it will even have 18" bullitts.
Bottom line is, everything happens for a reason, and who knows, one day you may be saying it was a good thing that it happened this way, just trying to be optimistic about this situation, but I will say, I dont think Ford is handling this thing in the best way they could, that is for sure.
And please save all the fine print stuff, some things just come down to right and wrong...PERIOD
Old 1/6/05, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

This statement makes no sense at all

Interior Upgrade Package Delay

The initial projected take rate on IUP by Ford Marketing was less than 20%. Good so far. The actual is closer to 80%.Good so far. This has exceeded the production capability of Ford's suppliers.Good so far. Ford is working to get additional production tooling installed to meet the demand.Good so far. This process takes time because the aluminum trim on IP affects airbag deployment. This statement makes no sense if it's in reference to the prior statement. If it's just re-tooling and a matter of time than why would they have to redo airbags? Ford needs to redo passenger airbag testing. In addition, side airbags were developed with IUP as well. Ford can't decouple these offerings without having to go back and repeat all side impact tests. (The vinyl insert in IUP door trim affects cold temperature airbag deployment). Huh?

Are they talking about the IUP lite (18R) in the same statement they are making about the 18G supplies being low?

I just don't get it.
This clearly says two different things.
1) IUP will be available when suppliers catch up
and/or 2) Not sure.
Old 1/6/05, 06:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

OMG!!! please no more!

Old 1/6/05, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

that smiley says it all.

I think this thread is screaming "Let me die, kill me!!!"
Old 1/6/05, 09:04 PM
I Have Admin Envy

see here is the thing,

if you stop posting, it will disappear, how hard is that :scratch:
Old 1/7/05, 10:24 PM

Sorry to continue this thread, but I must tell you somthing my dealer said
today and, perhaps, get some advice.
First of all, the salesman at my Ford dealer with whom I placed my order was
transfered to the Chrysler dealership across the street (They are both owned by
the same group). Yesterday he called me and said that a V6 Mustang exactly like I
ordered (except for the IUP) was at the Ford dealership and suggested I look
at it. I went today to look at it and was told by the NEW salesman that he had
talked to Ford and was told, off the record, that there would be no more orders
for Mustangs with the IUP package filled for the 2005 model year. This was even
though I placed my order on July 15.
He also implied that it might become impossible to change my order and get
a Mustang if I wait to find out the final status of the IUP package. He claimed
he wasn't trying to force me to buy the non-IUP Mustang, but then said it might
be gone tomorrow.
Am I being lied to?

Mark C.
Old 1/7/05, 10:29 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BEEP... BEEP... BEEP.... Sorry, that was my B.S. Detector going off. Wait if you want to. Ford just unveiled the '05 vert showing it w/red interior and IUP. It'll be around.

Edit: I just re-read your post. You ordered on JULY 15th??? Anyone else think he needs to find a new dealer ASAP???
Old 1/7/05, 11:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@January 6, 2005, 7:39 PM
This statement makes no sense at all

I just don't get it.
This clearly says two different things.
1) IUP will be available when suppliers catch up
and/or 2) Not sure.
The wording is a little disjointed probably because it was written late one night.

Here is what it is really saying about the side airbags option:

The side airbags were only tested with the IUP door panels (different from base door panels). Therefore the side airbag option cannot be decoupled from the IUP. In other words, you have to order IUP to be able to order side airbags. This is a response to questions about why side airbags cannot be ordered separately.

Here is what it is saying about the IUP option:

Demand for IUP has far exceeded the original contracted supplier volume agreements for the components. The production rates on one or more of the IUP components (believed to be the MyColor instrument panel unit) could not be increased to meet the revised demand, therefore many IUP orders have been put on material hold at various times. Ford is working with the specific supplier to increase production capacity, however this is taking a longer time than expected due to the need to procure specialized production machines. IUP production rates will increase once this supplier issue is resolved (which is why it remains a key vert option).