2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/04, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off topic, but interesting tid-bit in response to upstates noting that med students have a high repo rate.
Dad was in the hospital (Cleveland Clinic, probably the only thing world-class here) not too long ago, he talked to one of his doctors who had been there for eight years. Turns out he was making something like $60,000, doctors don't make much until they hit year 10, until then they are as broke, maybe more broke due to all the student loans, as the rest of us.
Old 12/30/04, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

IBTL!!!!
Old 12/30/04, 09:54 PM

Old 12/30/04, 09:58 PM
GT Member

It is a supply issue Don't you think Ford has enough Lawyers to handle the lawsuit
Old 12/30/04, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 10:35 PM
Ok fine, let me atone for my sins. I might have been overly zealous in the representation of my anger and disappoinent. Having said that, it was not intended to be directed towards you fine gentlemen (and women) . The main purpose was to get Ford to understand (some of) our frustration and bring the option back ATLEAST for the rest of this model year as a commitment to those who have already ordered it. That's it that's all, and I think Ford owes us that much.
Ford doesn't owe you crap You obviously don't have a clue as to how the world works and it scares me to think your in medical school.

Do you really think your argument hold water because Ford advertised IUP and is doing everything they can to continue the product? If so I'm going to sue McDonalds because the hamburger you get looks NOTHING like the stupid picture.

Do you think you deserve special treatment because your in medical school in some state that you can't even mention? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Is this how you see yourself :bowdown:
Old 12/30/04, 10:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my car on 12-20-04 and I wanted the 18G package but if all I can get is the 18R and save some money I'm OK with that. To be honest I wasn't sure I really like the brushed aluminum and colored lights anyway. I haven't heard anything from my dealer that I wasn't going to get it but from reading this very informative board I feel pretty sure that it's not going to happen. Just give me the car please!
Old 12/30/04, 10:48 PM
GT Member

This thread is hilarious

Ford really needs to offer the message center and side airbags in other options packages until the IUP thing is sorted out. I still don't understand why they would tie a safety device like airbags to a toy that changes the color of the dash.
Old 12/30/04, 10:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Old 12/30/04, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Blk05GT@December 30, 2004, 11:51 PM
This thread is hilarious

Ford really needs to offer the message center and side airbags in other options packages until the IUP thing is sorted out. I still don't understand why they would tie a safety device like airbags to a toy that changes the color of the dash.
I may be wrong but I bet its all tied together electronically somehow.
Old 12/30/04, 10:52 PM
GT Member

I picked up my car this morning with IUP. My winter rat is a Volkswagen Passat that everyone thinks is cool because the dash is a beautiful blue. I am in love with my new stang. If I had to do without one option or feature on the car, it would be the mycolor. Sounds cool in the marketing materials but fades fast (with me anyway). SurfSoCal hit it on the head earlier. There's too many other reasons why I bought this car. The mycolor option was simply icing on the cake. If it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't blink. futurestang - you can have mine...... just try and come take it from me
Old 12/30/04, 10:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by TomServo92@December 30, 2004, 7:48 PM
On the bottom of the specifications page of the '05 Mustang sales brochure, there is the following:

Following the publication of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipment, options, and the like, or product delays which may have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford dealer is the best source for up-to-date information. Ford Division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligation.
Saying they should be held accountable for changes options is BS. Just about every manufacturer of any product has similar disclaimers for their products. There's nothing unethical about it.
Thank You for posting this disclaimer Tom...... Now Chris, do you get it???? I hope you and everybody else gets the car exactly the way you want it.....but if you choose not to purchase because of something that can't be supplied, then the choice is yours. Your perspective of this is totally wrong.....so do as you will.
Old 12/30/04, 11:31 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 9:28 PM
gag order placed on people inside the company
Where did you get that tidbit of information?

I actually talked to someone from Ford today (The real Ford not a dealership) and they spoke about the issue quite freely, heck I didn't even ask about it.

Code:
Now before everyone asks me what they said about it, believe me it's nothing we haven't already heard, it actually cemented the fact that there is just as much confusion within Ford about this issue as there is on this forum
Old 12/30/04, 11:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As of 11:30am 12-30-04, there was a Legend Lime Mustang GT w/IUP and spoiler delete for sale at TEXAS Motors Ford. Of course you have to come to Texas to get it and it doesn't have IRS and the seatbelt alarm has not been turned off yet! Are there enough red flag issues in my post? Look at my sig and you will see that I ordered w/IUP back in Oct. and I still don't have my car so All I can tell you is wait for it and it will come.
Old 12/30/04, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

In defense of futurestang I think he was obviously upset and I can see how some of the replies could've sent him over the edge, not the coolest replies. I too am concerned about this IUP but I won't go by what a dealer saysl I still believe it's just a supply issue. If it turns out to be otherwise I will have to check my options, I probably won't get a Mustang w/o IUP, but I will get a Mustang w/IUP even if it means to pay more, or give up some other options. I could careless about the MyColor feature or the extra gauges, but everything else I want.

Anyway the moral of the story is: DON'T BELIEVE YOUR DEALER, THEY HARDLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAR, MUCHLESS INSIDER INFO. (for the most part anyways)
Old 12/31/04, 12:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 9:28 PM
I honestly can't stand GM, don't want an SSR, or a GTO. It sure adds a level of resentment and a bad taste in your mouth when you find out that the interior you'd been waiting for since you saw the first production pictures was discontinued under shady circumstances in the middle of a production year with a gag order placed on people inside the company doesnt it? And the solution certaintly isn't to say buy another car, or look for one on a lot, it's to hold the company responsible for it's actions IRREGARDLESS of how nice the new mustang is. do you think I would feel this angry or hurt if I didnt REALLY want this car? But you HAVE to hold corporations responsible when they do clearly unethical things. The christmas tree anaology is bogus. It isn't december 25th in the car game, its 1/3rd thru the model year and cars are advertised for the ENTIRE YEAR. if they cannot deliver a product they SHOULD NOT take orders for it period and they shouldnt highlight it on their website. If they IUP is BROUGHT BACK, which is the main purpose of this message because it is INCUMBANT upon them to bring back the promise they made to their customers, u will hear NOT A PEEP out of me
Ok this may have already been addressed. If so sorry. But either way here it is.

READ THE FINE PRINT
2005 Mustang Catalog Page 22 tiny words at the bottom of the page.

In other words. Go ahead, write the Government, they will just laugh at you. And before getting so ticked why not, here's a thought, WAIT. Wait until, like Karpro's orginial post said, until the end of Jan & then see. Then they should be scheduling IUP orders again. Or call the Customer Service Relationship Center. It's the best way to get info. Especially since we have some dealers that come here on a daily basis & usually they post informatin that they get in emails or by satellite broadcast, etc. Just be patience.

Now I know I am not the model to preach patience, since if you were to reread some of my eariler posts, they were pretty ugly. But I say things, as I am sure all of us do, in the heat of the moment & then later regret it. But I have never started a new thread in doing so, I have always posted on already open threads.

So, before you start another threrad in the heat of the moment, just stop & breath. Do some yoga, go for a run or a walk, play a video game, do whatever you do to calm down. I have a scheduled build date, yet nothing is certain. I have waited a little over 3 months already for this stinkin car & I was in an expodite order system. Not, mind you that I am bragging. I am just saying that thing happen, either you get stuck on them & let go or hang on & go with the flow.

Most of us are in the same ship you are in. We are/were just as pi$$ed as you are now. So, you're not alone. Just please don't go starting new threads on an already old topic. Go find one still open & bring it back to life by posting in it. It's happened before & 9 times out of 10 you WILL get a response if you have new info to offer.

Anywhoo. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

PS I hope everything works out for you in the end. And I am sorry if I offended anyone. It was not my intention.
Old 12/31/04, 01:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I need the side AIR BAGS, I hope Ford will just make them standard or at least un-connect them from any package. Ford would have enough IUP’s for the people that wanted them if the people that wanted just the air bags weren't forced to have IUP.
Old 12/31/04, 01:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

(calmly adds eight locks to the inside of his garage to protect his Black GT w/IUP) B)
Old 12/31/04, 02:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm surprised I was just able to walk into the dealership and get one with IUP :/ Actually I'm quite grateful because I wanted to get rid of my old car before it lost anymore value so I couldnt handle a 2+ month wait.
Old 12/31/04, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ya know what I think ccould have stopped this whole issue...If FORD would just tell the dealers the TRUTH so they can tell their customers. I tried to get the facts straight from the FORD customer service desk through e-mails and all I got was a run-around. Just tell the people the truth and move on!!
Old 12/31/04, 05:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think that the original poster has legit gripes.
The way in which they are expressed are sophomoric at best.
People are who they are and you can't change that.
So let them be as long as they stay within the rules of the forums.
They only make themselves look like idiots.

Anyway,
My 2 cents.
I placed my order on the 28th of December.
I received a DORA on the 29th.
The order has been placed and confirmed.

If Ford were halting the 18G,

1) Why would they let any orders even be entered into the system?

2) Why would the 18G even show as an option on their computers?

3) Why would Ford not come out with a sweeping statement to dealers nationwide saying 18G is no longer or will never be available for ordering?

4) Why do the DORA's at the bottom say 18G not available on all bodies?
Recommend 18R? Recommend? This is used when other options are available. If 18G were not available (at least at some point) this would state 18R ONLY, 18G CANNOT BE ORDERED FOR THIS VEHICLE, or something to that effect.

5) Why in KAPRO's post with the email from Ford does it state that no orders would be taken for January? Why would it specify a timeline if there is no end in sight? The person making the decision to put a timeline on it obviously has some inside info. Do you think that Ford would leave themselves open to any public criticism if they didn't have to?

Now, I am a glass is half full type of fellow, but I am also a realist.
I have been in manufacturing for 23 years.
I have worked for both tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
Automotive manufactures make predictions on what suppliers need to produce to satisfy orders.
Having said that, no suppliers is required to produce anything over the quoted rate.
If, in the event orders are increased, the supplier reserves the right to re-quote the product. Which is done 99.9% of the time.
The supplier has to re-tool his operation to accommodate the increase in demand.
This does not happen over night.
The company I work for now supplies a part that every GM vehicle has.
I was hired for the sole purpose of bringing the production rate up.
It needed to be doubled.
This was accomplished in 6 months. We had an offline operation that added a lot of labor to accommodate the orders in the interim.

I will halt here.
Be patient. One thing that I have learned over the years is that knee jerk reactions are more wrong than right.
Assumption is the mother of all muck ups.

Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2