2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/04, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, they offered the 18R because they have to put something in the car. For whatever reasons they cannot put the 18G in at this time.

Take it or leave it man.
Old 12/30/04, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you say PROZAC??
Old 12/30/04, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dear Santa:

I know its late, but can I please have all threads on IUP/MyColor locked, deleted and sent straight to H-E-double hockey sticks before my stupid fingers get a chance to click on them.

Seriously, lets not have anymore of these threads until and unless there is an actual Ford press release, newspaper article, or court document that can be linked by a site admin, moderator, or one of the few who are actually in the know.
Old 12/30/04, 08:27 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Irregardless is not a word.

It may be 1/3 through the model year, but Ford's been taking orders for more than 6 months. You're late.
Old 12/30/04, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know I think we all agree the IUP situation is a major disappointment. I have
my car already with IUP and would really be upset if I ordered and then was told
it was unavailable. But .. if it did happen to me I would right now be scouring dealers to find a car I like with the 18G already on the lots. I know they are still out there. Why not give it a try?
Old 12/30/04, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by creedog@December 30, 2004, 9:28 PM
On topic/Off topic somewhat ----

Brad, does the IUP "light" really come w/ only 2 of the smaller gauges (i.e. oil, temp, ect) in the center of the dash instead of the four w/ the true IUP? What other items are missing? I could care less about MYCOLOR. Sorry too lazy to do search the original big IUP thread started a week or so ago. Any help you can offer. Thanks.
IUP Lite (officially Interior Sport Appearance Package) includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel with aluminum spokes and a satin aluminum-plated shifter lever with automatic transmission or leather-wrapped sport shift **** with manual transmission. It's $195. It does not include the other two gauges or message center.

Old 12/30/04, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by GsStang@December 30, 2004, 9:27 PM
My Mustang is on order, with the IUP. Initially I was really into the MyColor, but all things said and done, I'd do without it and be happy with the rest. In your opinion, would it better to ask my dealer to remove IUP, and just purchase the aftermarket upgrade package that I've seen posted on other threads?
If you can do without MyColor and Ford's dash trim, and you're really itching to get into an '05, changing your order from IUP to IUP Lite is certainly a good choice, especially with the aftermarket options that are already out there and with more on the way. If you're debating with yourself over it, wait it out. The price difference is minimal--get what you want.
Old 12/30/04, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Brad, I think you could buy some of the IUP products from the dealership from the parts dept, no? I mean how many cars are out there w/ the total IUP and dealerships need to have parts for them. Order the lite IUP and then get some of the remaining from the aftermarket or dealership. Just an idea???
Old 12/30/04, 08:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Geez future....you're making me nuts with your complaining! Sounds like ya don't give a crap about the '05 Mustang and all of it's other great features...All it seems you want is the IUP....Maybe you could save yourself 27k and see if Ford would sell you JUST the iup by itself...You could take it home and mount it on your wall above your tv and change the colors all you want and be happy......LMAO........no real stang lover is gonna let a dash complication prevent them from owning this great vehicle...
Old 12/30/04, 08:42 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Creedog, I commend you for putting things in perspective.
Old 12/30/04, 08:43 PM

I know who I'm voting off the island. (Do we do that here?)
Old 12/30/04, 08:45 PM
GT Member

With all due respect, Ford doesn't advertise and sell what it CANNOT deliver, and it sure as heck doesn't take orders for what it can't deliver, PERIOD. You can whine all you want about my complaining, but I am justified in doing so. If I'm "6 months too late" then they should have told me when I placed my order 3 weeks ago that I was "5 months too late for an option that they advertised for the whole year but which SUDDENLY I'm 'too late' for" bogus excuse. If it wasn't a big deal, the interior wouldn't have been as big an advertising point as it was, and the interior IS important to me. I honestly don't care what your priorities in a car are, just as u dont care what mine are, all _I_ want is what was advertised and sold. If I put $10,000 in a 9 month CD at 5% interest APR and then after 8 months they tell me I'm only going to get 3%, you're right theres a PROBLEM.
Old 12/30/04, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
On the bottom of the specifications page of the '05 Mustang sales brochure, there is the following:

Following the publication of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipment, options, and the like, or product delays which may have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford dealer is the best source for up-to-date information. Ford Division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligation.
Saying they should be held accountable for changes options is BS. Just about every manufacturer of any product has similar disclaimers for their products. There's nothing unethical about it.
Old 12/30/04, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 9:48 PM
With all due respect, Ford doesn't advertise and sell what it CANNOT deliver, and it sure as heck doesn't take orders for what it can't deliver, PERIOD. You can whine all you want about my complaining, but I am justified in doing so. If I'm "6 months too late" then they should have told me when I placed my order 3 weeks ago that I was "5 months too late for an option that they advertised for the whole year but which SUDDENLY I'm 'too late' for" bogus excuse. If it wasn't a big deal, the interior wouldn't have been as big an advertising point as it was, and the interior IS important to me. I honestly don't care what your priorities in a car are, just as u dont care what mine are, all _I_ want is what was advertised and sold. If I put $10,000 in a 9 month CD at 5% interest APR and then after 8 months they tell me I'm only going to get 3%, you're right theres a PROBLEM.
Talk ahout bogus comparisons. They only way you could make the CD interest comparison in this context is if you bought the Mustang with IUP and then Ford came back and took it out while you weren't looking. Get real.
Old 12/30/04, 08:49 PM
I Have Admin Envy

read the fine print (every car company does this)

Pricing and product specifications are subject to change at any time with no obligation
I am waiting for IUP as well, if I can't get it big deal, its just a car. I'll wait and be patient like a big boy.
Old 12/30/04, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't order my car with IUP, so I thought twice about posting on this thread, but I wanted to express something. This car, at least to me, is so much more than an IUP option. This general production Mustang is something that many of us have been looking for a lot of years. I am in my 30s and have loved the late 60s Mustang for a long as I can remember.
So for me paying $25,000+ to own a car that is close to my heart, as far as cars go, was a no brainer, with or without IUP. This car is 1/3 of the price of a fully restored '67, '68, '69 Mustang GT, but yet cares many of those cars style cues.
So for the gentleman that is really upset about this IUP issue, is this car really something that you want to drive and admire? Because if not having the IUP option would make you not want this car, then this car is not for you. For those of us that love it looks, love its performance, and love the name Mustang, this car is for us with or without IUP. My opinion take it or leave it.
I wish everyone a safe and healthy New Year.
Old 12/30/04, 08:52 PM

I already have my '05 with the complete IUP. However, if I were faced with a choice of 18G vs 18R, I would NOT order 18R. I could care less about My Color but need everything else including and especially the MESSAGE CENTER!

All opinions are valuable but what this thread needs is the REAL reason for the delay? What Ford is doing about it? And the approximate time the complete IUP will be available again? (assuming it will be offered at a later date)

I do not have the answers

Ted
Old 12/30/04, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GOFISCH@December 30, 2004, 9:53 PM
I'm hoping by the time they start producing Verts this will be sorted out. I really wanted the 6 gauge cluster. The MyColor I liked but won't care, the same with the aluminum pieces(can you say aftermarket). Does anyone know if there will be any way to get the 6 gauge cluster?
They aren't even real gauges from what I understand. They're more like idiot lights with needles. Frankly, I could take then or leave'em.
Old 12/30/04, 08:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

This kid is wild.....what a way to make your first few posts on a site....using vulgarity and telling the owner of the site which topics he's allowed to close....HAHAHAHA Just a plain lack of sense.....gotta figure out how to ban you from my future viewing....waste of my time...maybe Brad can devise a dunce cap avatar for future so people have fair warning prior to reading his ramblings......LOL

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2