2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/04, 09:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to love morons that play the edumacation card. Dude, get a life. Either order the car, or don't order the car. Your whining about this now beats out a 200k mile steering pump on a -10 degree morning.
Old 12/30/04, 09:20 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie+December 30, 2004, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ December 30, 2004, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Boomer@December 30, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yo Dan/Galaxie.
I think we just found an issue MORE widely beaten than the IRS threads
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you have to bring that up, now all the IRS threads will be popping up [/b][/quote]
Does my mustang have IRS?
Old 12/30/04, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Galaxie+December 30, 2004, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ December 30, 2004, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Boomer@December 30, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yo Dan/Galaxie.
I think we just found an issue MORE widely beaten than the IRS threads
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you have to bring that up, now all the IRS threads will be popping up [/b][/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Old 12/30/04, 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm gonna go down and run through all the colors on my IUP and think of future wishing he could be doing the same............Ford denied you and I say it's karma baby.....Here's my Ford smiley on his IUP request: :nono: heehee
Old 12/30/04, 09:22 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by creedog@December 30, 2004, 10:21 PM

futurestang says... "Hey listen you are not supposed to do that, I ordered you to live!!! Now I will have to go fill out reports and not go riding in my mustang w/ NON-IUP!!!" DARN IT!!!
Old 12/30/04, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Initial Post: 9:08PM CST
Last Post: 10:25PM CST

65 posts in approx. 1 hour 20 minutes.

Is that a record? :scratch:
Old 12/30/04, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by creedog@December 30, 2004, 10:21 PM
futurestang says... "Hey listen you are not supposed to do that, I ordered you to live!!! Now I will have to go fill out reports and not go riding in my mustang w/ NON-IUP!!!" DARN IT!!!
I got to admit, this one even made me laugh I ordered you to LIVE dangit heh
Old 12/30/04, 09:30 PM
GT Member

Personally, I'm pretty ticked about the whole IUP thing because you can't get the side airbags without the IUP. And the wife says NO 2005 unless it's got the side air bags. So I wait for an appearance option I don't even want so that I can get a safety feature I must have...

So I'm gonna wait it out and get her! I'm buying this car because I have always wanted a 'stang. Always. My parents would never have let me have one as a kid. Sure others have come and gone. But but the Mustang has endured. And this year's model is instantly recognizable as a throwback to those early days. A beautiful car.

Well I'm not a kid anymore. At almost 40 the time has come...

I have no beef with a guy who wants to share his frustration. But taking it out on the board like the board is holding up the car... Keep it real. We're all here because we're into Mustangs. Some more than others. But there we are.
Old 12/30/04, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Furture Stang, Read this entire rant very carefully

The bottom line is that ford can no longer deliver this package. The reasons don't matter. They have the right to change a package at any time. This is not false advertising, it was offered, and still is. If ford could deliver the IUP package, they would. When a car company makes an option, they figure out what it costs to produce, then add on a sum of money to that, and that is what they sell the option for. Ford is not trying to anger thier potential customers or anything like that, they are just unable to deliver, and would deliver if they could.

The reason that nobody inside ford is talking is because there is most likely uncertainty as to the future of the IUP, and they do not want any false facts surfacing.

As for you in your specific situation.

If you ordered your car, and it arrived without the IUP, then you have every right to be angry, and you should most likely take it out on your ford dealer, because they would have had the information that your order was changed. In this situation, you should reject the sale, and get any money that you deposited back. The ford dealer will give it to you, because if not, they would easily lose in court.

You seem to be in the siutation where you have ordered the car, and now found out that IUP is no longer availible. If you want a mustang without IUP, then order that and save the cost of the IUP. That is obviosly not what you want however.

If you want a mustang and must have the IUP option, then you can search dealer lots to find one. OR you could place an order for the IUP, and wait for it to become availible, if your dealer refuses to take the order, find another dealer.

The final option is to not buy the car, there is nothing forcing you to buy the car, a sale has not taken place.

It is up to ford as to what they offer for sale, and up to you if you wish to purchase it. There is nothing commiting ford to sell YOU an IUP, they did advertise it, and it was made availble, it is no longer availible now. The wal mart example is a perfect example, contrary to what you believe. Bottom line!
Old 12/30/04, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey man just relax. There are a lot of people that are not happy about this issue, and the lack of IRS (had to throw that one in... he-he) . But just don't go crazy and start issulting everyone. It is what it is. Have patience and wait it out or start searching. It is not the end of the world. And I was joking around w/ you.
Old 12/30/04, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Ok fine, let me atone for my sins. I might have been overly zealous in the representation of my anger and disappoinent. Having said that, it was not intended to be directed towards you fine gentlemen (and women) . The main purpose was to get Ford to understand (some of) our frustration and bring the option back ATLEAST for the rest of this model year as a commitment to those who have already ordered it. That's it that's all, and I think Ford owes us that much.
Old 12/30/04, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Hi..
My name is Chris. I'm new. I like color changing gauges, faux-metal dashes and long walks on the beach. And I can sure fill up a topic quickly
Old 12/30/04, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM

This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense.
Yikes, no wonder the Red states are growing while blue states are shrinking. FYI, red rocks
Old 12/30/04, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Buck_Nekid@December 30, 2004, 10:33 PM
Personally, I'm pretty ticked about the whole IUP thing because you can't get the side airbags without the IUP. And the wife says NO 2005 unless it's got the side air bags. So I wait for an appearance option I don't even want so that I can get a safety feature I must have...

This issue is more of a concern for me. Ford should at least let you get the IUP lite w/ front side air bags. Most of the other missing items are found in the aftermarket.
GT Member

I'm quite irritated myself. I ordered just before Thanksgiving and my dealer didn't say anything about IUP problems. I don't really want the car until March so hopefully all these problems will be worked out by then. If they are not, then I guess I'm not getting the '05. You need IUP to get the red leather seats and also the side airbags.
Mach 1 Member

For whatever reason, ford cannot bring it back at this time. The would if they could.
Old 12/30/04, 09:46 PM
I'm people, and I like.

This thread is like a freaking War and Peace novel.... you got your anguish, your anger, your love, your respect, your comedy. WOW lol.

this thread was very amusing

You sure can!

This proves that medical students make the best trolls. LOL
Mach 1 Member

well, i agree with that, give us our stinkin side airbags.
Old 12/30/04, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

My brother in law manages the credit union at a Medical center, he tells me that med school students have a higher than normal repo rate. So whats the worry buy it then when you loose it you won't feel so bad since it didn't have IUP!

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2