2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/05, 01:06 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be waiting for it too.When it gets here, it gets here .
But Brads info doe's make a point that ...if I got this right...the seat side airbags were only tested with the IUP .So for right now if you order the seat side air bags it has to come with IUP until testing is done with IUP lite .
It could possibly mean (and this is just a guess) that if you ordered the seat side airbags that ...in the short term with supplyer issues that these cars might get the IUP faster over ones that are straight IUP only (no seat side airbags ) because of the 2 having to be togeather.
Old 1/2/05, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just posted on Blue Oval News site:

"Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews."
Old 1/2/05, 09:28 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that news on BON was recycled. They posted that about a month ago.

What I heard from a credible sales manager was they were going to have much higher allocation for IUP in February.
Old 1/2/05, 10:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by groupset@January 2, 2005, 10:29 PM
Just posted on Blue Oval News site:

"Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews."
Not to be overly analytical and split atoms, but what does "...exhausted for January production..." mean?

Those already scheduled before a certain date in December to be built in January with IUP will be built? But no more ordered with IUP will be scheduled for build in January?

Or, there are NO IUPs to be built in January, regardless of previously assigned build dates?

So confusing. But this directly affects folks like me who were given a build date on 12/9/04 of early January assembly with IUP.

I know, we'll know more this week, and even more next week if mine gets build the week of 1/10/05, or not.

Any opinions now?
Old 1/3/05, 12:03 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think if I heard right that IUP was so popular and much more than expected that January's allocation was mostly used up in December....so there's a temperary stop on IUP for January order's at this point .
But as for build Mike mine's the 3rd week of january and still nothing yet about it not being built .I'll phone the 1-800 number this thur's and see how things are.
Old 1/3/05, 08:29 PM
V6 Member

Don't know what it means, but my status today was "locked in for production" week of January 3. I have IUP. We will see!
Old 1/4/05, 02:10 PM

Ok...Ok....I went to kentucky fried chicken the other day and had to wait for them to get more chicken cooked....I went to Arby's a month ago and they were out of roast beef....My choice was to wait or go somewhere else...I know...I should stop eating fast food but thats another issue all together. Ford has run out of IUP's temporarily, so wait...or go some where else!
Sounds like Futurestang is moving toward a law suit against Ford. Well as an MD, if that's true, I would think law suits and attorney fees in the form of malpractise insurance will in the future really get him upset. So many doctors are bailing from obstetrics and other medical fields now, because of inflated insurance rates, due to law suits.

Just to prove that IUP is really the least of all worries, check out this link...especially if you own or are ordering a GT

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/advisory/...ship03jan05.htm
Old 1/4/05, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.
Old 1/4/05, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by eastmotown@January 4, 2005, 4:13 PM
Ok...Ok....I went to kentucky fried chicken the other day and had to wait for them to get more chicken cooked....I went to Arby's a month ago and they were out of roast beef....My choice was to wait or go somewhere else...I know...I should stop eating fast food but thats another issue all together. Ford has run out of IUP's temporarily, so wait...or go some where else!
Sounds like Futurestang is moving toward a law suit against Ford. Well as an MD, if that's true, I would think law suits and attorney fees in the form of malpractise insurance will in the future really get him upset. So many doctors are bailing from obstetrics and other medical fields now, because of inflated insurance rates, due to law suits.

Just to prove that IUP is really the least of all worries, check out this link...especially if you own or are ordering a GT

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/advisory/...ship03jan05.htm
As Scott spends some time around here he'll get the real scoop and realize that this is the only board to get "good" info.

Welcome Scott.
Old 1/4/05, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

How does Ford compile expectations regarding an item such as IUP? Do you think they took a poll among people or maybe look at previous trends in the market? To underestimate is one thing but when the underestimation seems this large, I'm wondering who/what went wrong
Old 1/4/05, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hate to throw another "My saleman told me" into the mix but......
I got an email from the SM at my dealership. It stated the following:

Mike,

This is the last week of January production. I will let you know if the
restriction is still on for next week.

DL

What does this mean? Are their production months based on some other schedule other than the Calendar month?

If this is the case then do they lift IUP hold next week?
Old 1/4/05, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Stangfriik@January 4, 2005, 5:53 PM
How does Ford compile expectations regarding an item such as IUP? Do you think they took a poll among people or maybe look at previous trends in the market? To underestimate is one thing but when the underestimation seems this large, I'm wondering who/what went wrong
You're assuming Ford miscalculated but do we know that for a fact? No, we don't. The only thing we know is that IUP has been suspended for some reason. There could be other reasons besides a mistake on Ford's part. For instance, maybe one of the suppliers of IUP parts was unable to meet expected production or perhaps suppliers have had quality issues or problems in the factories that have affected output. My point is don't automatically assume Ford is to blame 100% for the problem.
Old 1/4/05, 05:20 PM
cti
V6 Member

I ordered my car with IUP 10/27/04 and I was going to change to the lite package and just get the iup aftermarket. but they told me that I can't even get the red inter. pack. witout getting the IUP. so now I have to wait not as much for the shiny stuff but for the red stuff.
Old 1/4/05, 05:23 PM
V6 Member

just bailed out on IUP (and red leather). hope that gets me something besides "clean and unscheduled" by the end of the month ...
Old 1/4/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@January 4, 2005, 6:12 PM
I hate to through another "My saleman told me" into the mix but......
hehehe I got one of those too!! My dealer actually comes out and tells me the holdup is all because of the patent lawsuit and Ford is creating a new IUP with everything except MyColor because they're not willing to pay the guy suing them.

Ho man. There comes a point where the entertainment value really starts to climb on this stuff!! What a riot...
Old 1/4/05, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Buck_Nekid+January 4, 2005, 7:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buck_Nekid @ January 4, 2005, 7:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ponyboy66@January 4, 2005, 6:12 PM
I hate to through another "My saleman told me" into the mix but......
hehehe I got one of those too!! My dealer actually comes out and tells me the holdup is all because of the patent lawsuit and Ford is creating a new IUP with everything except MyColor because they're not willing to pay the guy suing them.

Ho man. There comes a point where the entertainment value really starts to climb on this stuff!! What a riot... [/b][/quote]
This guy is pretty much on the up and up.
Usually if he doesn't know he just keeps quiet.
The only thing that keeps me going is reading and posting
in these never ending threads.
Old 1/4/05, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Sorry if I made it seem like I was laughing at your sales guy. B) Just to clarify, I was laughing at MY sales guy.
Old 1/4/05, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Buck_Nekid@January 4, 2005, 7:54 PM
Sorry if I made it seem like I was laughing at your sales guy. B) Just to clarify, I was laughing at MY sales guy.
Not a problem. You have to laugh at them.
It's unfortunate for the good ones out there
that they all get stereotyped. It's the one bad
apple in the cart thing.
Old 1/4/05, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM
This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense.
I am born and raised in a blue state (NJ) about 10 minutes from Manhatten... I have also lived in TX for a few years.

I am always embarassed when people like you INSULT people from the south (or "Red states") and brag about your education, and ASSUME you are smarter than people from those red states whom you mock all the time.

Talk about bigoted.

I hope you get banned from this site.
Old 1/4/05, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

calm down vwAirCooled, all of that was said over 4 days ago, let the whole thing die with last year. No reason to start it all over again so that we waste another x many pages with that kind of garbage.

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2